Benefit Cosmetics TSV 20/06/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know it's supposed to be a "fun" brand with fun cardboard packaging and "gooooooo vertical!!" punchline, but I don't get the expensive prices for what looks like teenagers cheap make-up that you'd find on most market stalls. I'm not a Benefit fan and I'm sure lots of people love it but I personally wouldn't pay almost £50 for that TSV

i agree about the look but the products are very good. even though its cardboard packaging some of other brands with plastic cases break or crack. qvc prices are good as a tsv but i have all the benefit i like as i buy bits from different ranges

Its a no from me.
A brown blusher and a deep cerise lipstick aren't my shades.
Lisa looked too glossy and Chole's well over done an understatement.
Would have preferred a light sheer summery look.

i agree about the look but the products are very good. even though its cardboard packaging some of other brands with plastic cases break or crack. qvc prices are good as a tsv but i have all the benefit i like as i buy bits from different ranges

I'd still sooner have plastic packaging though, I think it protects the product more, especially from water I.e. dropping it in a sink full of water or down the loo, yes, I've done both of these before :mysmilie_17: if it was in Benefits packaging they wouldn't have stood a chance, but you're right it's not the packaging that counts.

Its a no from me.
A brown blusher and a deep cerise lipstick aren't my shades.
Lisa looked too glossy and Chole's well over done an understatement.
Would have preferred a light sheer summery look.

I thought the same. That lipstick is absolutely horrific. I would have preferred the books bronzer instead of that blusher in the first drop too. I haven't bothered with it. I used to love hi beam but think it give me too much of a pink gone and with my high colour that's not great.

One thing I've noticed about Benefit is that they increase their prices a lot. Their mascaras are now £20.50 and their Browvo eyebrow primer, which I've wanted to try for ages, is now £23.50. Price of this and other products steadily increasing over time. There's no way I would pay that much! It's totally put me off trying this brand.

Well reading MUA yesterday which is mainly US based. Seems Benefit are stream lining quite a bit of their range. There will only be 3 shades of concealer. Oh and they now are on QVC US only coming recently, might have waited to see how they did over on our QVC first?

Interesting piece of gossip, I was chatting to someone who used to work for Benefit Debenhams Belfast, I mentioned the TSV and how there had been one before. She said they had been told by the area manager for all of Ireland, on one QVC UK hour long show they sold more product that all of every counter in Ireland for month. Benefit just love QVC.

One thing I've noticed about Benefit is that they increase their prices a lot. Their mascaras are now £20.50 and their Browvo eyebrow primer, which I've wanted to try for ages, is now £23.50. Price of this and other products steadily increasing over time. There's no way I would pay that much! It's totally put me off trying this brand.

i noticed that to. but my local Fenwicks have 20% days at least twice a year so i stock up on the odd item i like. they also do 20% off mac which is my all time favourite.

I see the Benefit Cheek parade kit with Hoola brush is now on advanced orders for 3/7 its been on waitlist for ages I have been checking as wanted one, 232329 all full sizes if anyone is interested.

Thanks for this, I'm still on waitlist for it so hopefully they'll fill the waitlist with the advanced order. I won't hold my breath as it is QVC!!!

Thanks for this, I'm still on waitlist for it so hopefully they'll fill the waitlist with the advanced order. I won't hold my breath as it is QVC!!!

Sooze, having missed out on a much-wanted item in exactly the same circumstances, I'd recommend you re-order the item and cancel your waitlist order - Q's waitlist is a mythical creature!

I ordered yesterday morning on advanced order then it was on 3 EZ pay last night so I cancelled my orig order and reordered, what a faff but if I don't like it will send back and have not paid out as much.

Sooze, having missed out on a much-wanted item in exactly the same circumstances, I'd recommend you re-order the item and cancel your waitlist order - Q's waitlist is a mythical creature!

I can't do that as it's now sold out. I'm away at the moment so didn't see any of the shows yesterday or I may have done just as you suggest.
I usually get 90% of my waitlist orders so I must have been lucky! I've even had it go over 90 days (just) and items still fulfilled. Was annoyed then as had bought an alternative. Lately though with waitlist I often give myself a good talking to and cancel.

I can't do that as it's now sold out. I'm away at the moment so didn't see any of the shows yesterday or I may have done just as you suggest.
I usually get 90% of my waitlist orders so I must have been lucky! I've even had it go over 90 days (just) and items still fulfilled. Was annoyed then as had bought an alternative. Lately though with waitlist I often give myself a good talking to and cancel.

Oh darn it, that's a pain - well if you've been lucky with the waitlist so far, hopefully it will come up trumps again - everything crossed!

I've nevee bought any Benefit before. I always thought it was a bit of a gimicky brand. But I ordered this TSV as I fancied trying something new & I really like it so far.

Latest posts

Back