The Real Pie Company 14 Piece Selection TSV 30/05/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nice if anyone wants to have their fingers in all the pies. Personally I think their pies are overpriced and the marketing is "pie in the sky." I like the sound of the steak ones however I don't like chicken and I personally cannot eat pig meat.

Why don't you invest in the clever pie-making machine and make your own pies? Would save loads of money not having to heat a whole oven and the pies would be tastier and more customised. With this machine one could easily produce 10 pies in a morning and then freeze them for future use, creating a nice supply of tasty pies to eat during cold / poor times.

Just imagine all the possibilities: Organic steak and mushroom, leek, potato and goat's cheese, tomato, bean and feta, tofu and vegetables, celeriac and tilbury, apple pies, cherry pies, pear pies, peach, mmmmm and my favourite of all - apple, quince and cognac!

I agree Julius, I've got a pie maker and it's great making them yourself and knowing what goes in to them making them "crammed to the crust". I've made the husband a cheese, onion and potatoe pie (his fave) but one of the best I've made was mince, onion and gravy for him (I don't eat meat). I love the sweet ones too, especially cherry pie........yummy!! :mysmilie_14:

Mr CC does an unbelievable take off of RPC's Brett. If you shut your eyes it really could be Brett - exactly the same voice LOL. Not interested in the pies but I've seen those pie makers and I might just be tempted to buy one.

CC

I agree Julius, I've got a pie maker and it's great making them yourself and knowing what goes in to them making them "crammed to the crust". I've made the husband a cheese, onion and potatoe pie (his fave) but one of the best I've made was mince, onion and gravy for him (I don't eat meat). I love the sweet ones too, especially cherry pie........yummy!! :mysmilie_14:

I'm gonna get one of those pie makers now. It's not very expensive and after relatively few pies it will have more than covered its own cost in terms of savings on electricity and ingredients. I like your recipe ideas! I could even make pies and sell them to my colleagues. I started doing that with my bread maker. I bake loaves to order for my colleagues. They tell me what they want the day before and then I put it on auto-bake during the Economy 7 cheap rate electricity. One loaf costs around 40p and sells for £1.50.

I'm gonna get one of those pie makers now. It's not very expensive and after relatively few pies it will have more than covered its own cost in terms of savings on electricity and ingredients. I like your recipe ideas! I could even make pies and sell them to my colleagues. I started doing that with my bread maker. I bake loaves to order for my colleagues. They tell me what they want the day before and then I put it on auto-bake during the Economy 7 cheap rate electricity. One loaf costs around 40p and sells for £1.50.

That's a brilliant idea, at least they'll know what they're getting in their pies.

I bought the Hairy Bikers pie maker for my son but road-tested it first to make sure it worked ok - it produces two single serving deep fill pies in minutes. For around 20 quid I can recommend it. Top tips though - line with pastry while it's still cold otherwise the pastry goes floppy! It has a 2 sized plastic cutter one for the lid and one for the base with cut-outs to make it fit the bowl of the pie-maker perfectly. He buys frozen ready-made pastry makes a meat pie for himself and a veggie one for his GF and they know exactly what's in them.

I bought the large family Tower one for £20 from Ideal World (I think it's £29 now) and you don't get a "soggy bottom" with it, it always comes out lovely and golden brown with a firm bottom. I've also got the Tower mini one too that does six small ones, I use that at Christmas to make my own mince pies or snacks. Yes I can't recommend a pie maker highly enough. Yes I always keep frozen pastry in too. :mysmilie_3:

I bought the large family Tower one for £20 from Ideal World (I think it's £29 now) and you don't get a "soggy bottom" with it, it always comes out lovely and golden brown with a firm bottom. I've also got the Tower mini one too that does six small ones, I use that at Christmas to make my own mince pies or snacks. Yes I can't recommend a pie maker highly enough. Yes I always keep frozen pastry in too. :mysmilie_3:

Shopper do you have to cook the base for a few minutes first then add the filling and lid?

Shopper do you have to cook the base for a few minutes first then add the filling and lid?

No, just put the base on, add the filling, then the lid, close and voila! Next thing you know, yummy scrummy pies. Have a look on Ideal World website for the Tower one and there's a video that'll tell you all about it. You can also use it for quiches and cakes too. :mysmilie_14:

Once again, QVC introduce us to a product and we all come up with alternative and better ideas, cheaper options, etc, etc. This forum rules.

Hmmm, pie-makers .... I feel a new obsession coming on!

Latest posts

Back