What have I done?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Ordered the Nicole pick of the day, and a matching dress. Def won't be wearing the ensemble together. Hoping that the black trousers will just be an easy chuck on for summer evenings, possibly might wear the top with it, but the cardigan .....No!!!! Saw the dress and one of the models had tied the cardi in a knot over the dress looked quite sweet, so I ordered the whole lot in Coral - We'l l see. Hoping that the trousers and a short striped t shirt and pretty sandals might look good. Thing is some years ago I bought a similar thing but with a skirt, again planned on wearing the pieces separately, hung 'em up in the wardrobe and forgot about them until I was having a clear out and thought OMG I'm never gonna wear this frumpy get up and put it straight in the charity shop bag..mind you it was a rather hideous shade of green. Decided rather than to just hang it up in the cupboard when it arrives I'll try the bits on and see how they look, and if they look remotely frumpy I'm gonna send it all back, and chide myself for wasting a fiver in P&P!!!

Ordered the Nicole pick of the day, and a matching dress. Def won't be wearing the ensemble together. Hoping that the black trousers will just be an easy chuck on for summer evenings, possibly might wear the top with it, but the cardigan .....No!!!! Saw the dress and one of the models had tied the cardi in a knot over the dress looked quite sweet, so I ordered the whole lot in Coral - We'l l see. Hoping that the trousers and a short striped t shirt and pretty sandals might look good. Thing is some years ago I bought a similar thing but with a skirt, again planned on wearing the pieces separately, hung 'em up in the wardrobe and forgot about them until I was having a clear out and thought OMG I'm never gonna wear this frumpy get up and put it straight in the charity shop bag..mind you it was a rather hideous shade of green. Decided rather than to just hang it up in the cupboard when it arrives I'll try the bits on and see how they look, and if they look remotely frumpy I'm gonna send it all back, and chide myself for wasting a fiver in P&P!!!

At least you can take it to ASDA for a 'free' return Merry (but as you say, you've already paid a fiver for delivery so it's never really free is it?).

Some of their garb seems okay for what it is, which is relatively cheap, almost disposable clothing. But some of the claims they make about this almost exclusively Poly Fest really are preposterous though (I'm afraid they don't look 'Designer', they don't look 'French' and no, it's unlikely they'll make a very overweight person look very slim).

Talking of which just last night Dirty Peter actually claimed that Genpleaseleave's fashion 'show' is 'the nations favourite', he also claimed that she is 'award winning'.

I strongly suspect that neither claim is true :mysmilie_59:

What's the verdict Suz? I bought the balloon hem dress (a bit like Marla Wynne's) and am pleased I took the plunge, but the tapered trousers I'd only wear around the house so I sent them back. Talking of returns, the screen for logging a return at my local Asda is always out of order or can't print a receipt so I've had hand-scribbled receipts on scraps of paper. Touch wood the refunds have processed ok.

Ideal World's MBG is 14 days which is the same time period as a customers statutory right to cancel. So are regular IW shoppers emailing to cancel and asking for their outward postage back? I do this all the time with QVC but kicked myself that I forgot to do when I sent the IW trousers back!

Surely the only "award" Genpleaseleave could ever win would be Motormouth of the Year? She makes my head ache with her gabbling at the rate of knots, and half the time I can't understand a word she's on about - now, where's the remote? :mysmilie_51:
At least you can take it to ASDA for a 'free' return Merry (but as you say, you've already paid a fiver for delivery so it's never really free is it?).

Some of their garb seems okay for what it is, which is relatively cheap, almost disposable clothing. But some of the claims they make about this almost exclusively Poly Fest really are preposterous though (I'm afraid they don't look 'Designer', they don't look 'French' and no, it's unlikely they'll make a very overweight person look very slim).

Talking of which just last night Dirty Peter actually claimed that Genpleaseleave's fashion 'show' is 'the nations favourite', he also claimed that she is 'award winning'.

I strongly suspect that neither claim is true :mysmilie_59:

Surely the only "award" Genpleaseleave could ever win would be Motormouth of the Year? She makes my head ache with her gabbling at the rate of knots, and half the time I can't understand a word she's on about - now, where's the remote? :mysmilie_51:

If she did win Motormouth of the Year she was up against some competition at IW! I don't need to name names, you all know who I mean...

What's the verdict Suz? I bought the balloon hem dress (a bit like Marla Wynne's) and am pleased I took the plunge, but the tapered trousers I'd only wear around the house so I sent them back. Talking of returns, the screen for logging a return at my local Asda is always out of order or can't print a receipt so I've had hand-scribbled receipts on scraps of paper. Touch wood the refunds have processed ok.

Ideal World's MBG is 14 days which is the same time period as a customers statutory right to cancel. So are regular IW shoppers emailing to cancel and asking for their outward postage back? I do this all the time with QVC but kicked myself that I forgot to do when I sent the IW trousers back!

Well I've just received it, and the shock wasn't the frumpiness, it was the quality...It was appalling - Think wafer thin t-shirt material, you can read a book through the fabric, I kid you not! The cardigan was creased to b*ggery. The dress was more like a really cheap nightie you might have picked up in QS back in the 80's for a couple of quid. The fabric is described as 95% viscose 5% elastane, so flimsy t shirt was not what I was expecting. It doesn't actually look too bad on, but I'm gonna have to send it back for the principal that I am not gonna part with £25 for what amounts to a cheap nightie or a beach dress..they're 2 a penny in Primark and are of far superior quality. The 3 piece set....ok I paid half price for it but still cost £25, and I'd say it's worth a tenner and that's being generous..they want £50 for it now - unbelievable. It doesn't cling, and looks fairly nice, but I just can't!!!

Oh dear! Off to Asda then. They're churning out these "fashion" offers every couple of days, and there'll be folk who don't bother to return them and those who like what they get so IW will push and push these sales until they find the next thing that sells. At least you gave it a go.

Oh dear! Off to Asda then. They're churning out these "fashion" offers every couple of days, and there'll be folk who don't bother to return them and those who like what they get so IW will push and push these sales until they find the next thing that sells. At least you gave it a go.

Yeah, me too, 'cause at least if you buy something in a shop you can see what you're actually buying and try it on if you wish..all obvious stuff I know. I think if I do ever buy clothes online in the future I'll stick to my catalogue (very rarely have I ever encountered a quality issue) or buy from a company who also has presence on the high street. The more I think about this purchase the more cross I feel. No wonder none of this shite is available in the shops, no one would buy it - There is no excuse in this day and age for poor quality merchandise, the only places you can buy stuff of comparible quality (ie shite) is a market stall, or one of those pop up shops that rent empty premises for short periods of time, but hey, at least they're cheap!!!

Latest posts

Back