Sealy Posturepedic TSV 25/06/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Never again! I bought a Sealy several years ago. It was great for the first 5/6 months, then it just collapsed.

The mattress itself developed body-shaped dents deep enough to bury me in, despite me turning it every week. The base came in two parts so had a bump in the middle which the mattress sagged over so it was like the Berlin Wall between OH and me.

A local TV consumer show featured one like it and after they got involved, the couple did get their money back. A few weeks later, they mentioned they'd had many more complaints - too many to get involved with all, suggesting customers get in touch with Sealy. So I did. Talk about the Royal Brush-off! I rung several (many!) times, each time they had no record of my previous call. I e-mailed, but the person dealing with it had then left and must have forgotten to pass it on.

Eventually, they said they'd send someone out to look at it so I waited in - person never showed. I phoned and told them he hadn't turned up but the "couldn't understand why I'd been given that day as the person was off on long-term sick". I gave up after that.

I hope they've improved their products since then.

We had the exact same experience alter ego. We bought a top of the range Sealy Posturepedic divan & pillow top mattress and it was wonderful for 6 months, but we soon made body shaped burrows at either side and a big ridge down the centre, which effectively made it seem like we were sleeping in separate beds!
We recently replaced the mattress and the SA at the bed shop warned us off pillow topped mattresses because he said they all collapse after a short time.

Never again! I bought a Sealy several years ago. It was great for the first 5/6 months, then it just collapsed.

The mattress itself developed body-shaped dents deep enough to bury me in, despite me turning it every week. The base came in two parts so had a bump in the middle which the mattress sagged over so it was like the Berlin Wall between OH and me.

A local TV consumer show featured one like it and after they got involved, the couple did get their money back. A few weeks later, they mentioned they'd had many more complaints - too many to get involved with all, suggesting customers get in touch with Sealy. So I did. Talk about the Royal Brush-off! I rung several (many!) times, each time they had no record of my previous call. I e-mailed, but the person dealing with it had then left and must have forgotten to pass it on.

Eventually, they said they'd send someone out to look at it so I waited in - person never showed. I phoned and told them he hadn't turned up but the "couldn't understand why I'd been given that day as the person was off on long-term sick". I gave up after that.

I hope they've improved their products since then.

What a shocking experience! Disgraceful customer service all round, and it sounds so polished a process of letting a customer down and wearing out their resolve to get a resolution.

if you can afford it vi spring do a wonderful entry level mattress and coil sprung bases. failing that john lewis do some similar handmade natural filled pocket sprung mattresses. i notice that qvc sealy beds don't have pocket sprung but the older coiled springs. the higher the number of pocket springs the more supportive and expensive

Sealy Posturepedic TSV 25/06/17

Sealy Posturepedic Gel Supreme 1400 Springs Pillowtop Mattress and Divan Bed
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806356

Single QVC Price £903 Todays Special Value Price £684

Double QVC Price £1146 Todays Special Value Price £846

King QVC Price £1208 Todays Special Value Price £910

Super King QVC Price £1314 Todays Special Value Price £996

Sealy Posturepedic Gel Supreme 1400 Springs Pillowtop Mattress
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806357

Does anybody buy a bed but keep their old bed just in case they don't like the new one?
I don't have anywhere apart from a garage that has a car in it, that could store a double bed.

:mysmilie_11:

Wow wow wow I'm not saying this bed isn't any good, haven't tried it.

But goodness its as if its a cure to everything - pain, restlessness, heat, insomnia, allergies, aging, aches and pains etc etc etc.

Massive over selling shouldn't be allowed, usually presenters are always reminded to say, we can't make medical claims, consult your Dr. etc.

I was laughing this morning at Simon Biagi enthusing over this bed. His "ooooohing " ANNNNNNNNNND "aaaaahing" at a boring divan was just risible. In fact, it was every bit as faux as the Peony flaaaaaahs that followed, and every bit as faux as Julie's Tipp-Ex-white gnashers!

Just think, with all the money you could save on that bed you could buy a Kelly Hoppen bedspread in Celador grey with a nice subtle honeycomb weave.

the topper thingy me bob is not a good thing on a bed. firstly it will wear a lot faster than the actual mattress. secondly you can't flip it over as they make the mattress no turn. this is important good mattresses are made to be turned completely both sides equally well made. the non toper side can't be slept on because it's not made to be slept on.

I was laughing this morning at Simon Biagi enthusing over this bed. His "ooooohing " ANNNNNNNNNND "aaaaahing" at a boring divan was just risible. In fact, it was every bit as faux as the Peony flaaaaaahs that followed, and every bit as faux as Julie's Tipp-Ex-white gnashers!

Just think, with all the money you could save on that bed you could buy a Kelly Hoppen bedspread in Celador grey with a nice subtle honeycomb weave.

This evening its been with the amount you are saving why not, just chuck in the headboard
:mysmilie_458:

This evening its been with the amount you are saving why not, just chuck in the headboard
:mysmilie_458:

The headboard looked more like a gravestone - admittedly with a slight "Hoppen touch" to its design. Were I in the market for a new bed I'd probably go to Dreams.

The headboard looked more like a gravestone - admittedly with a slight "Hoppen touch" to its design. Were I in the market for a new bed I'd probably go to Dreams.

Yep.

I've not been to Q but Bensons
More recently Argos on a deal with headboard included.

Will pass on Q and their promise to cure us and make us new people with a new bed.
:mysmilie_17:

Just seen the backside of the headboard I know you can pay whatever for headboards these days.
But £153 - £270 depending on size knowing you can pay more.
But these don't even have the padded finish or plain fabric at the back, they are just stapled with what looks like white plastic.
IMHO Quality item not :down:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Sealy-Upholstered-Borwick-Headboard.product.803051.html

Latest posts

Back