30/05/17 One Time Only Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cripes, if that's what the OTO prices from Yankee will be like going forward, then that doesn't look promising - doesn't even come with the unit for scent diffuser thingies!

QVC need to look to their laurels. Bank holiday weekend the YC shop in Brent Cross has 40% off all classic jars. Fenwick's had matched it on some of their fragrances. The steady hike in YC prices means I hesitate to shop with Q.

Tonight I bought 2 medium Home Inspirations jar candles for £15 at Tesco. Lovely fragrances: Spring Flowers, and Perfect Margarita. Both beautiful light green candles ideal for this time of year.

Best not post this on QVCs FB page Honey Tom (SCW) or QVC will ban you again, I don't think changing "and" to & is going to fool them. :mysmilie_17:

QVC need to look to their laurels. Bank holiday weekend the YC shop in Brent Cross has 40% off all classic jars. Fenwick's had matched it on some of their fragrances. The steady hike in YC prices means I hesitate to shop with Q.

Tonight I bought 2 medium Home Inspirations jar candles for £15 at Tesco. Lovely fragrances: Spring Flowers, and Perfect Margarita. Both beautiful light green candles ideal for this time of year.

i don't like buying from qvc yankee candles. i do but its very very very rare

Cripes, if that's what the OTO prices from Yankee will be like going forward, then that doesn't look promising - doesn't even come with the unit for scent diffuser thingies!

Funny you should say that, Tarketta. I was coming on here to talk about YC prices on QVC as I wondered if it was just me, now that I have become more "discerning" (and more tight!). I have noticed it more and more but especially in the last month or so(?). I saw there was a Yankee show this evening and couldn't help myself looking on the website just in case there was an unmissable bargain. How easy it was to resist everything! This World Journeys set in particular caught my eye as a complete pi55-take: £36.54 plus £5.95 for three World Journeys which I'm pretty certain were under £30 when they had the trio last year. Could be wrong on that but anyway, they've now hiked the full QVC price up to £52 before P&P so they can call £36.54 a Last Clicks price.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-....705646.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-11-_-705646

I know Yankee have increased the prices but Q are taking the pee! At this rate, I can't see me buying from Q ever again (which is a good thing) - I think it will be ones I can't easily get in this country only.

I keep missing these 40% off events. That makes them a very good price, especially if there's such a good choice and it's not just the ones they can't sell or which everyone has.

Indeed! Tell us more, shopperholic?

I was reading QVCs Facebook page yesterday and noticed that "Honey Tom" and the banned supercoolwillow are one of the same. You can tell it's him by the way he replies, you'll really know for sure though when the posts start getting deleted. :mysmilie_17:

Funny you should say that, Tarketta. I was coming on here to talk about YC prices on QVC as I wondered if it was just me, now that I have become more "discerning" (and more tight!). I have noticed it more and more but especially in the last month or so(?). I saw there was a Yankee show this evening and couldn't help myself looking on the website just in case there was an unmissable bargain. How easy it was to resist everything! This World Journeys set in particular caught my eye as a complete pi55-take: £36.54 plus £5.95 for three World Journeys which I'm pretty certain were under £30 when they had the trio last year. Could be wrong on that but anyway, they've now hiked the full QVC price up to £52 before P&P so they can call £36.54 a Last Clicks price.

http://www.qvcuk.com/Yankee-Candle-....705646.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-11-_-705646

I know Yankee have increased the prices but Q are taking the pee! At this rate, I can't see me buying from Q ever again (which is a good thing) - I think it will be ones I can't easily get in this country only.

That's exactly what I was thinking, Q is just not competitive for Yankee Candles anymore, maybe YC are starting to pull back after candlegate as there sure seem to be a lot better deals elsewhere which Q just can't compare with - like you say AndiK, good news for my bank balance, phew!!!!

Best not post this on QVCs FB page Honey Tom (SCW) or QVC will ban you again, I don't think changing "and" to & is going to fool them. :mysmilie_17:

Shopperholic, looks like 'Honey Tom' has already been removed - can't have people posting useful stuff on the Q FB page, now can we :mysmilie_17:

Berluddy hell, AndiK, I hadn't checked out the link you posted - that is a proper con as that was one of the AD drops I bought which cost me about £36 incl P&P, there's no WAY Q's price was ever close to £52 for 3 WJ jars, that's an outrageous swizz - I've half a mind to point that out on Q's FB page...but I really can't be bothered, so I just hope people will look at the price and the crummy reviews and take a collective pass.

Berluddy hell, AndiK, I hadn't checked out the link you posted - that is a proper con as that was one of the AD drops I bought which cost me about £36 incl P&P, there's no WAY Q's price was ever close to £52 for 3 WJ jars, that's an outrageous swizz - I've half a mind to point that out on Q's FB page...but I really can't be bothered, so I just hope people will look at the price and the crummy reviews and take a collective pass.

And let's not forget they're probably only in stock because people who bought them at the cheaper price have returned them. So a double rip-off.

Shopperholic, looks like 'Honey Tom' has already been removed - can't have people posting useful stuff on the Q FB page, now can we :mysmilie_17:

He's deleted his own comments Tarketta, that's another giveaway.

Latest posts

Back