Unable to supply advanced orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
Way back when - it was so long ago I cant remember - I ordered 10 Yankee Small Jars Summer Mixology on advanced orders. I have received a letter today to say that they cannot honour this order as they unable to get further stocks. I could understand this if it was on waitlist but if they promise advanced orders, then they should supply them.

Has anyone else suffered with this.

Way back when - it was so long ago I cant remember - I ordered 10 Yankee Small Jars Summer Mixology on advanced orders. I have received a letter today to say that they cannot honour this order as they unable to get further stocks. I could understand this if it was on waitlist but if they promise advanced orders, then they should supply them.

That's outrageous as that set was on sale earlier this week and at the same price - surely those people who had them on Advanced Order should have had their orders honoured before they were put back on sale???? Talk about peeing off your customers, another own goal by Q.

Edited to add: oops, just realised your post was about the Summer Mixology set, not the white ones - sorry to hear that Puffin48, still a very poor show by Q and I know that's not the first time they've let people down on Yankee Candle orders.

It is not something I have experienced but I have read about it on here before! It is incomprehensible to me. Waitlist, yes, you are just hoping they get them in. (I no longer bother with that as I NEVER got a WL item.) But on AO they clearly say they have secured more stock with a delivery date of X. So why on earth is that not fulfilled? Unless they sell more than they secure, hoping for a cancellation or two????? Maybe YC have stopped making the fragrances or the dollar rate means they don't want to sell them at the old price now. But even so, they say the stock is secured at the time of the sale so that isn't logical either!

PS. I see I crossed with Tarketta there. Actually I have read in the past that new stocks were sold BEFORE he Advanced Orders were dished out which caused much chagrin at the time. They probably forgot to check!

Yes this has always happened since A/O began and I totally agree, A/O must have been decided well in advance so why let the customer down, I'll tell you why, because they know with one hundred percent certainty that their customers will still continue to shop with them, no matter how bad they've been treated and let down.

Also, if they think they're losing too much money, they'll pull the Advanced Order orders.

It is not something I have experienced but I have read about it on here before! It is incomprehensible to me. Waitlist, yes, you are just hoping they get them in. (I no longer bother with that as I NEVER got a WL item.) But on AO they clearly say they have secured more stock with a delivery date of X. So why on earth is that not fulfilled? Unless they sell more than they secure, hoping for a cancellation or two????? Maybe YC have stopped making the fragrances or the dollar rate means they don't want to sell them at the old price now. But even so, they say the stock is secured at the time of the sale so that isn't logical either!

PS. I see I crossed with Tarketta there. Actually I have read in the past that new stocks were sold BEFORE he Advanced Orders were dished out which caused much chagrin at the time. They probably forgot to check!

No I never got the odd item I had on W/L, never had a letter either saying they couldn't get it back in stock.

Today I received a similar letter from QVC about a different Yankee item, also on advance delivery, I think it may be a simple supply problem. One of the components is a lantern that appears on the Yankee websites (with a note to say they only have a few left). I know that the company does have some glass items made to order.

Today I received a similar letter from QVC about a different Yankee item, also on advance delivery, I think it may be a simple supply problem. One of the components is a lantern that appears on the Yankee websites (with a note to say they only have a few left). I know that the company does have some glass items made to order.

These were just 10 small jar candles. Even if they couldn't supply some of them, they should put different ones in to make up the 10. I think I might email them. I don't see that they should get away with it. Funny you should get a letter today as well. Sounds like they could be having a few problems with Yankee.

Yes I received the same letter today! I wasn't too bothered as I was going to use the candles for little stocking fillers.

I had two Lola Rose bracelets on advanced orders. One I finally got, some time after the estimated date, and the other I am still waiting for. You shouldn't have to but, if it's an item you particularly want / can't get elsewhere, it's always worth checking back every now and then, as I'd never put it past them to just upload the stock to the website when it comes in, rather than sending it out to the customers they promised it to. With waitlist items, I know for a fact that returns get added back to the live stock on the website, rather than being allocated to the first person on the list. I have been stalking(!) a Lola Rose bracelet I missed out on from the anniversary shows (the remakes of vintage Lola pieces never come back into stock and aren't available from her website or any other retailers), and - even though it was completely sold out with a full waitlist - I managed to grab a return yesterday. I assumed that the whole point of them selling increasingly through advanced orders was that it eliminates the risk for them, as they know that they definitely have buyers for however much stock they order. If they can't even deliver on orders sold in this way, there's really no hope for them is there?

Advanced Orders could cost more than you think!

I once wanted a TSV Lola Rose bracelet and that then came on Advance Orders, with a 'date expected', I thought great as that coincided with pay-day, however it didn't arrive until 3 weeks later (which obviously didn't coincide with payday) and they tried to take the money out, unfortunately there was not enough money in the account to honour the order, I know they say on the TV to make sure that there is enough money in and that they will e-mail you etc, whilst I did get an e-mail this was for the original advance order date (the payday one), which came and went, I contacted CS and they stated that it should be with me in the next week and no money would be taken until the item was dispatched, I thought OK, I will keep the money back for 1 week, this came and went and nothing, I then contacted CS to try and cancel the order, I am taking it that the non-Poiroits out there can work out the ending to this sorry saga. What really narked though was that I got an extra charge from my bank to say that I couldn't honour a 'pre-payment' agreement (or words to that effect), evidently it turns out that QVC put a 'pre-sale' through on the card, then when the item comes back in stock and gets sent out it automatically takes the money, this is fine but apparently (certainly the case with my bank), this means that if the money isn't there I get a charge for a missed (what equates to a SO payment). I was confused and narked (fortunately my Bank as GOGW refunded the charge, as apparently this is a problem not just with Q but with other mail-order catalogues.

This happened last year so things may have changed now, I have risked it since!

Oh and just as a footnote Jill Franks swore on TV on the High Tech show on at 17:00 today, she said off (what you do when you go to the toilet off)

Did anyone else think Tiff looked ridiculous pretend jogging with that rigamortus grin. Was that a slight muffin top I spotted?

companies have to take care when reporting advanced sales, as it indicates future income and looks better on a company balance sheet, offsetting future payments out. Auditors would expect to see, in due course, advanced orders actually converted to sales and the projected income actually received.

Yes and l found it quite frustrating when l got the letter, why say advanced orders are available if they are not 00% certain they will be. Also if I'd have known they were going to be unavailable I would have ordered the other 10 mini jars that were on recently but held back because I didn't want 2 lots and now I've got mone at all because the others have sold out

companies have to take care when reporting advanced sales, as it indicates future income and looks better on a company balance sheet, offsetting future payments out. Auditors would expect to see, in due course, advanced orders actually converted to sales and the projected income actually received.

Yes, I think that's what Tesco ran afoul of a few year's back.

Funnily enough I saw the same item (lantern) on air last night and was a bit miffed until I checked my account this morning to discover it is now 'in process'. Clearly they have managed to source some, if not all.

Advanced orders cancelled - perhaps o not

A few weeks ago I posted on here that I had had a letter from QVC saying they couldn't supply a Yankee 10 piece small jar candle set on advanced orders. Lo and behold today, I received an email from them to say that they have now been despatched. I wish they would make up their minds. I know there was someone else on here that had received a letter as well. I wonder if yours have been despatched now.

Latest posts

Back