Bernini Water Fountain TSV 11/06/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ours was never a "stunning feature" and then died completely just outside 12 months so QVC weren't helpful, just suggested I contact the company for a replacement battery.

I bought one of these on its very first airing of a tsv years ago. Lessons learned re battery and solar panels, either never work or have to remember to turn them off. Finished up being a very expensive bird bath which had to be continually cleaned out due to the red algae that kept appearing. Now have an electric water fountain feature with an inside switch.

I bought a Bernini around 18 months ago, so far so good to the point I'd buy another one. Touch wood, I've had no problems with the battery etc.
But from what I've read here perhaps it's only a matter of time.

[mum writes]

For goodness' sake, not another garden TSV this weekend? That's one every fortnight so far, along with 8 hours every weekend and loads of other shows in between. I know this is soapbox issue for me but there is little to do with gardening in the shows. All you get is RJ standing around watching everyone else doing all the work. Perhaps it's only me but I am sick and tired of it, already. Yes, I know it's a trifle compared with some of what is happening in the world but I used to enjoy QVC but I can't watch much now because it's either the bloomin' gnome or something else that has been repeated ad nauseam. I am confined to home a lot which doesnt help but I'm beginning to dread QVCs output. I used to be a keen and competent gardener but his had deadened my enthusiasm.

the gardening shows are not as good as they used to be. i used to buy a lot of plants from qvc and still have them many years later but its ridiculous now. the prices are through the roof for quite mundane plants. anything of ay interest is off the scale overpriced. he's got a liquid version of flower power for the best part of £25 quite ridiclous imo

To be honest the battery compartment and the switches have always put me off purchasing that and the multi coloured lights they have done recently are no no for me.

Thanks for everyone's comments - I'm moving and thought I might get one for the new garden. However, I may have a re-think.

As for the liquid flower power! Did I hear Richard say you get 10 watering cans full for around £25 delivered. From a normal pack of flower power (around £20 delivered) I must get at least 50, if not more, watering cans full using 1 scoop per can (as instructed). Seriously not good value for the new stuff if that is the case. I may have heard it wrong though but I do remember thinking it wasn't a good deal.

CC

Thanks for everyone's comments - I'm moving and thought I might get one for the new garden. However, I may have a re-think.

As for the liquid flower power! Did I hear Richard say you get 10 watering cans full for around £25 delivered. From a normal pack of flower power (around £20 delivered) I must get at least 50, if not more, watering cans full using 1 scoop per can (as instructed). Seriously not good value for the new stuff if that is the case. I may have heard it wrong though but I do remember thinking it wasn't a good deal.

CC

Yep too right CC
The 1.15kg pot, says it makes up to 1,035 litres (227 gallons) of diluted feed.

Bernini All Weather 2 Tier Bergamo Dancing Water Fountain
Item Number: 509650
QVC Price £195.00
Todays Special Value Price £159.96
P&P £9.95

Available in a choice of Round or Square designs and beautiful stone effects, this all-weather water fountain features exquisite sculpted detail, with two brand new water and light displays amongst the enthralling selection of 12, plus it boasts a long-lasting, rechargeable battery and a cordless design. Whether you're hosting an outdoor summer soiree or simply relaxing in the sun with a good book, the Bergamo fountain from Bernini will help create a soothing oasis of tranquillity in your garden.

Brand new features - for the first time, Bernini are offering a new and contemporary square-shaped fountain. Plus, as well as the traditional shower spray, the Bergamo now features a new kinetic water spout, which beautifully enhances the dancing water shows.

A bespoke display - a thing of beauty by day and night, this hand-finished design features four ultra-bright LED bulbs which light up the water display and the second tier, making it the most illuminated fountain from the brand to date. Plus, it boasts a choice of 12 light and dancing water shows at the touch of a button; the largest selection from any Bernini fountain.

Anytime, anywhere - with the cordless, lightweight design and rechargeable battery, you can enjoy this beautiful fountain straight out of the box and anywhere in your garden or home all year round. Whatever the weather, night or day and in the light or shade - you won't have wiring, plumbing or solar panels to worry about.

Set it and forget it - the auto timer provides one to four hours of run-time with the option to turn on at the same time every day, and you can even leave it running all the time. Plus, it works with the on-demand push button too. We also recommend charging the batteries at least once a month over the winter months or when the fountain is not in use to help maintain the batteries.

Sturdy design with chamber base to which sand or ballast can be added
Rechargeable battery (6V) - included
Hand-finished poly resin in a beautiful stone effect
1 - 4 hour or continuous run time options with auto timer
Self-assembly required
Radio frequency for remote control (not included)
Charge time: 12 - 14 hours
Fountain (height x diameter): Round: 92cm x 52cm (36.2" x 20.4"); Square: 92cm x 43cm (36.2" x 17")
Weight: 10.5kg

Contains:

1 x fountain
1 x second tier finial
1 x shower spray head
1 x kinetic water spray head
1 x rechargeable battery
1 x charging adaptor
1 x instruction manual

Style options:

Round
Square

Colour options:

Antique White
Bronze Stone
Black Granite

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.509650

When I purchased my Bernini it was a TSV, I bought mine in May 2016. I've not had one sign of trouble with it, hence I was thinking of getting another for a different area of my garden. It cost me £136 and came with remote. This one I notice doesn't come with a remote, which I think is odd, since they say you can buy it separately which is all good and well, unless you have knee problems and don't want to always be pressing the buttons on the fountain itself (which is me). I think they should throw in the remote personally.

Anyway, I'm not keen on this one as I wouldn't use the lights - I don't on the one I have now. I think I'll wait for another time and buy one I like the look of more - incidentally, the birds love it :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back