Bodi-Tek Ab Core Trainer TSV 12/06/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bodi-Tek EMS Ab Core Trainer Single Pack
Item Number: 401875

1 Pack Gel QVC Price £26.00 Todays Special Value Price £19.98

3 Pack Gel QVC Price £38.50 Todays Special Value Price £29.98

P&P: £3.95

The Ab Core Trainer from Bodi-Tek consists of a low-profile controller and six Conductive Gel Pads that fit any waist size and use Electric Muscle Stimulation technology to target your abdominal muscles, helping to tighten, tone and firm. With 15 intensity levels for a truly varied workout, this discreet, easy-to-use trainer is perfect for those looking to enhance the shape and profile of their abs!

On the go training - the Ab Core Trainer pads sit discreetly under your clothing, making a workout possible virtually anywhere at any time.

Does the hard work for you - the 23 minute workout programme progressively increases exercise intensity in stages as time elapses, and automatically stops when the workout is completed, all you have to do is attach the pads and away you go!

23 minute programme
15 intensity levels
Suitable for men and women
Fits all waist sizes

What's in the box?

1 x Ab Core Trainer - button cell battery included
1 x board
1 x instructions

Choice of:

1 x 6-in-1 Conductive Gel Pads
3 x 6-in-1 Conductive Gel Pads

Technical specifications:

Voltage: 80V across 500 Ohm load
Ab Core Trainer (l x w x d): 17.5cm x 16cm x 1cm (6.7" x 6.3" x 0.4")
Weight: 70g

General care:

Conductive Gel Pads should be returned to the board after each use to prolong the tackiness
Ensure skin is free from oils before applying the gel pads
Do not place close to excessive heat

Pad aftercare:

You may extend the life of the pads by briefly wetting the orange adhesive side in cold running water and allowing them to air dry (do not apply heat)
Over saturation with water will reduce the adhesive properties of the pad
Alternatively apply to slightly damp skin and allow one minute for the adhesive to anchor to the skin before turning on
Do not continue using a pad once the adhesive no longer sticks or the pad has become damaged

Seek medical advice before using if:

You have a history of heart disease or a cardiac condition
You have an orthopaedic implant
You suffer from epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, phlebitis in its active phase (inflammation of vein), inflamed tissue through disease or injury or varicose veins in its later stage
You have suffered acute trauma, fracture or are recovering from recent surgery
You have swollen or injured parts of the body
You have diabetes and it effects the sensory perception of your extremities

Do not place the Ab Core Trainer over:

Broken skin, scars, moles or infected areas or parts of the body where normal sensation is limited
Metal objects such as belt buckles or jewellery

The price above will initially display the lowest and highest priced options. The price for your choice will be shown once you select your preferred option

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.401875

Warning to those of a weak disposition!

Jill Franks is on at midnight with something battery-operated stuffed down the front of her trousers.

This sort of thing is ok if you're a size 10 or below, and pretty useless for those of us with normal bodies carrying a bit of weight and a size 20 !!!! but having seen the prohibited list below, they aint gonna sell many !!! I see if you have an allergic reaction to certain presenters hasn't been mentioned, so common sense prevails !!

Seek medical advice before using if:

You have a history of heart disease or a cardiac condition
You have an orthopaedic implant
You suffer from epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, phlebitis in its active phase (inflammation of vein), inflamed tissue through disease or injury or varicose veins in its later stage
You have suffered acute trauma, fracture or are recovering from recent surgery
You have swollen or injured parts of the body
You have diabetes and it effects the sensory perception of your extremities

Do not place the Ab Core Trainer over:

Broken skin, scars, moles or infected areas or parts of the body where normal sensation is limited
Metal objects such as belt buckles or jewellery

This sort of thing is ok if you're a size 10 or below, and pretty useless for those of us with normal bodies carrying a bit of weight and a size 20 !!!!

And how infuriatingly unrealistic is this?!! They should be ashamed.

image.jpg

It also doesn't warn you about allergies to adhesives. I am allergic to one touted as better for allergies, so you can never rely on that. Not for me.

They flog chocolate, meat pies, fruit pies and other non-healthy products yet very seldom have fitness shows (Especially as they have a resident fitness trainer JF!!!) and come up with a very poor product such as this which seems to last about 30 days then you throw it away - not very environmentally friendly ...

Poor old Marjolein has been banished back to the cupboard and Mr Bodyblade seldom gets a show nowadays ...

They flog chocolate, meat pies, fruit pies and other non-healthy products yet very seldom have fitness shows (Especially as they have a resident fitness trainer JF!!!) and come up with a very poor product such as this which seems to last about 30 days then you throw it away - not very environmentally friendly ...

Poor old Marjolein has been banished back to the cupboard and Mr Bodyblade seldom gets a show nowadays ...

bodyblade was only here the other week for about 7 hrs over a 3 day period & acutally they have a lot of fitness equipment & all that but they are web only pieces & it dont sell too well at all as most of the pieces in the end just get removed from the website

I'm going to give this TSV a go, I won't be able to return it elsewhere due to hygiene reasons, if it doesn't work. Besides, I though it was going to cost around £100 like the other make on Amazon and on the other shopping channel.

To answer that question, let's start with a little background information on what this equipment was originally designed for.

Electric ab stimulators were (and still are) used in medical rehab situations. They are designed to keep muscles from atrophying (wasting away) in situations where a limb must be immobilized. For example, if you broke your leg, the doctor could place an electrode on the muscle and use electricity to make it contract. This would provide a minimum level of stimulation, thus keeping the muscle active.

As far as building muscle, such as the ads on TV claim, this is not backed up by research. The level of electrical stimulation necessary to build up the abdominal muscles to what you see on TV would be extremely high, and thus very painful.

Many companies that sell these belts also claim that the belts help burn fat. In reality, the small muscle contractions produced by these belts burn about as many calories as the effort required to take the belt out of the box and put the batteries in.

If you read the fine print in these ads, you will also notice that the instructions for use also include a suggested exercise and nutrition plan. This, without a doubt, would be the true source of the results people get from this equipment.

But what about people you may know who have tried the belts and say that they feel something when they use it?

Let's put it this way... the belt does provide a small level of stimulation to the abdominal muscles. When a person's abs are totally lacking any form of stimulation, any amount of stimulation has the potential to produce results. It is simply a matter of something is better than nothing (in this case, not a whole lot better, though).

A much better solution for working your abdominal muscles effectively is to do the unglamorous crunch exercise. It may not send electric shocks into your guts but it will get the job done. Crunches, even done properly and regularly, won't burn fat but they will definitely tighten up your abs.

Do electric ab stimulators work? In a nutshell, no. These companies are simply preying upon society's desire for results without effort. Don't be fooled by the hype.

The above paragraph is from a fitness expert who was asked do electrical or battery powered ab core trainers work ?

I'm going to give this TSV a go, I won't be able to return it elsewhere due to hygiene reasons, if it doesn't work. Besides, I though it was going to cost around £100 like the other make on Amazon and on the other shopping channel.

I must say, I expected a higher price tag, too. Let us know what you think, Marina.

It also doesn't warn you about allergies to adhesives. I am allergic to one touted as better for allergies, so you can never rely on that. Not for me.

I use these pads as part of a medical device and was given anti-allergy ones initially as I have chemical allergies (can't burn Yankee Candles for a start :sad:). They changed me onto non hypo-allergenic and I'm much better.

I think this device would probably help anyone unable to do normal exercise as EMS is used widely across differing medical conditions and it definitely works. Can't see anyone getting a visible six-pack this way unless they had a very low body fat percentage to start though.

The marketing using ultra-fit models is VERY misleading.

Latest posts

Back