Bad to worse

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I often wonder who looks at the models before being sent out to strut their stuff - obviously they do not see what the viewers see .. rose tinted glasses syndrome!

The stylist needs to have her job reviewed....fashion/retail is all about presentation and sending a model out in a dress too small was dreadful. Why can't someone with common sense say NO NO! Anyway, what's with all the floppy hats, they will probably wear them on the next Carole H show...nightie, slippers & HAT?

So of these fashions on Models look awful! Probably not the Model's fault she looks unflattering but the way the clothes hang and make most people look frumpy! :mysmilie_5:

The thing with the pink paisley dress its worn completely different on each of the two models.
If its correctly fitting on Debra Ann then its wrong on Michele.
As a designer I would have thought you'd want it modelled to show how you designed it to fit.
Surely if its modelled skin tight and some customers order to fit likewise, when seen on there's going to be returns :mysmilie_14:

The worst of it is when the guest/presenter says that "she looks amazing". Surely these discrepancies in correct sizing for the plus size models must be discussed at their Presenter's meetings. Not being on Arsebook, are there any comments on social media regarding this ? because Q are a laughing stock over this.

The worst of it is when the guest/presenter says that "she looks amazing". Surely these discrepancies in correct sizing for the plus size models must be discussed at their Presenter's meetings. Not being on Arsebook, are there any comments on social media regarding this ? because Q are a laughing stock over this.

Trouble is when they send from Liverpool size 10 / 12 outfits for their presenters to wear then its not going to change for the models either.

JF saying " it fits beautifully " when it clearly doesn't on the larger model .In fact I don't see too many larger ladies buying it if they think they will look like that.

I find the dresses too short.I thought they had started making them longer but there is no consistency.

Oh my sweet lord, that poor poor woman - give the gal her due, she keeps that smile plastered on her face but she must have been dying inside :mysmilie_512:

I am absolutely speechless! Who put the poor woman in that blue lace dress? She looked awful. Wonder why they didn't truss her up vin some of the shapewear they are always trying to flog?

I was flabbergasted by the navy dress. I didn't think the pink was quite as bad. The difference between one size too small and two sizes too small for the very pretty model. If they had bothered to dress her in appropriate sizes, there would have been a stampede for the larger sizes, IMO.

That poor model! She looked as if she wanted the ground to open. The pink did her no favours but was nowhere near as shocking as the navy. The way it clung under her stomach! Has the stylist got an anti-plus models agenda???????

I agree with May that if they had put her in the correct size so it didn't cling to her stomach and bum, she would have looked good in those colours and probably sold a lot. Surely no one would buy a large size based on that?

Here's what I've sent to QVC, there isn't a 'complain' box, so I filed it under the 'suggestions' box. Be interesting to see their reply..........

Here's a novel suggestion.

How about putting the plus size model in clothes that actually fit her, and not squeeze her in pieces that are 2 sizes too small !!!! the very pretty girl who appeared on Ronni Nicole 18/6/17 looked appalling in a navy lace dress, and a pink paisley tailored frock. It was made horrendously worse by the guest and presenter, Jill Franks, who said she 'looked amazing'. This has been discussed widely on social media, and if the aim is to show what a plus size woman can look like, then they will steer clear of buying, as no-one who is a size 18/20 want to be seen wearing a garment that's as tight as a sausage skin. Either sack the stylist who sends her down the catwalk looking dreadful or get samples that will actually fit her.

If it was my company and they sent out a model in a dress that was obviously too small I would have had words with the stylist and QVC.

I agree, absolute disgrace and you can't tell me that model didn't realize but had to keep quiet - the dress wasn't a size too small it was definitely 2 sizes too small.

Well written brissles! I'm not sure Q will change their ways as this has been an long standing issue but here's hoping. I quite agree the model absolutely needed two sizes up in this range, she's a pretty woman with good proportions but there's no point in Q hiring a model in this size if they are not going to get the right sample sizes - they didn't send Debra Ann out wedged into a size 6 dress so why treat this poor model so - I hope they pay her well!

Latest posts

Back