Yong Kim and Grandpa's old waistcoat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
I know it's been said many times before, but I just cannot believe the prices of Yong Kim! Ingrid Tarrant is wearing a waistcoat that looks a real mish-mash in my opinion, waterfall front with long, straggly length of material at the front, and I am speechless to see that want 90 quid for it! You couldn't do much worse if you got two pieces of material, joined them together and then cut lumps out of the front. A simple tunic top £120 is just ridiculous, and I would love to know just how much profit they are making on each item. Five year old Claire Sutton, in best "little girly" mode, has just told us that the waistcoat "looks much better on" - that's a matter of opinion, love! And how much does Ingrid T gabble on? It took me 5 minutes to work out that "pallakwa" (what the hell's a 'pallakwa'?) was her saying the colour "Pale Aqua".

Last edited:
Whenever you see drawings of Cinderella in her rags in kiddies story books, she always looks exactly like Claire is dressed now lol.
This clothing range is dire and Ingrid looks awful in it and 99.9% of the range looks totally shapeless.

Sorry to those who like it but I think people are being taken for fools with this range. There was a lookalike crinkle top shown in the Joe Brown hour (another load of rubbish) that cost only around £24 or so. I'm sure whoever is behind Yong Kim is guffawing all the way to their private bank.

I agree. I saw a really horrible dress on this morning for £129. I simply cannot understand why anyone would buy this junk when there is so much choice available on the high street and online, catalogues - or even the markets.

I agree with all above comments. This range of tat makes me laugh out loud when the presenters and IT are wearing it as they look absolutely ridiculous. People who buy this crap must have money to burn as my dear old mam would say. I have been in a couple of small boutique like shops lately and both had a small range of this type of stuff e.g..balloon hem dresses and long straggly waistcoats but the big difference was the price as there was nothing over £35.

Yep Bettyboo, I've bought a couple of dresses in the same fabric with gathered hems and prettier colours for........ £18 each !! Its crackers to pay Q's prices because unless you walk around with the price tag showing, whose' to know ?

I think QUK are governed by QUS, and as YK is an American company, they are duty bound to flog the brand over here. Has anyone noticed also that a few of the models are American ? I heard Deborah Ann speak, and also Rachel (?), and Natasha the plus size model, all are American - clearly we don't have enough models in this country to give the work to.

So true - there is a lot of choice out there, both in the dreaded High Street and online, and generally more attractive and without the huge price mark-ups. Claire Sutton was wearing a "thing" this morning - I won't call it a 'dress' - and admitted herself that if she hadn't worn a t-shirt top underneath it, it would have been much too revealing. She described it as suitable for wearing over your swimsuit or bikini - yeah, right, at £120 plus!! It was a fright, and the thought of paying that kind of money for something that was not even attractive just beggars belief. You certainly couldn't wear it without something underneath, or the whole 'lorryload' would have fallen out (if you know what I mean!). These people really are on a planet of their own, and Ingrid Tarrant is SO irritating with her constant 100 mile a minute chat.

I agree. I saw a really horrible dress on this morning for £129. I simply cannot understand why anyone would buy this junk when there is so much choice available on the high street and online, catalogues - or even the markets.

As long as people continue to buy this (YK) ridiculously vastly overpriced collection of tat then they will continue.The attraction is beyond me (& I am not judging that on personal taste/ suitability for myself) what do they think they are buying into?

I think they are buying into looking like those size 10, 5'10 models and being 25 again ! it aint gonna happen cos those models are going to be over 60 some day, and the cycle begins again !

Exactly. Garden parties ? only the Queen has those, and who knows anyone who's been ? (me actually, my brother went to one last year in all his finery, and the photos didn't exactly show any YK, JOIN or any polyester elastene in evidence.)

Its the same with all their 'phrases', yes I go on cruises, but how many actually do ? how many of their older audience actually work in a job where it involves 'desk to dinner' ? They try and 'hit' all age ranges with their school run / teachers presents/ coffee with the girls, for the young mums; the desk to dinner outfits for those in careers that wear business suits (but get their clothes in department stores not qvc); then there's us lot who are invisible but are catered for the cruising/wedding market.

When will they start mentioning dribble bibs and conservatory wear for when we reach the care home stage I wonder !!!!!

Exactly. Garden parties ? only the Queen has those, and who knows anyone who's been ? (me actually, my brother went to one last year in all his finery, and the photos didn't exactly show any YK, JOIN or any polyester elastene in evidence.)

Its the same with all their 'phrases', yes I go on cruises, but how many actually do ? how many of their older audience actually work in a job where it involves 'desk to dinner' ? They try and 'hit' all age ranges with their school run / teachers presents/ coffee with the girls, for the young mums; the desk to dinner outfits for those in careers that wear business suits (but get their clothes in department stores not qvc); then there's us lot who are invisible but are catered for the cruising/wedding market.

When will they start mentioning dribble bibs and conservatory wear for when we reach the care home stage I wonder !!!!!

Have you ever seen the Billy Connolly sketch about the baggy troosers worn by an incontinent person ? Those awful baggy YK ones fit the description perfectly. Worth a watch on You Tube.

It might also help if they had some female presenters who actually gave viewers the information they want, in a calm and logical way, instead of gushing superlatives, shrieking or telling us about their personal lives. I watched Kathy Tayler this morning for 2 minutes, and her daughter's bl$$dy wedding got yet another mention! The only thing that amazes me is that they sell ANY of their clothes, what with the Frump of the Year designs and the trivia-babbling presenters.

Latest posts

Back