If You Think You Know QVC .............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wanted 2 of those KR ratchet can openers, one as a gift for someone who finds ordinary openers difficult.

But they only had one for sale, it said "1 available, 5 sold". So I ordered 1 only, which I received quickly.

The next day, it said "1 available, 6 sold", so I ordered it, and it was dispatched the same day.

It now says "1 available, 7 sold".

Very strange! It seems like they ALWAYS show just 1 available, perhaps to encourage you to buy it quickly before it goes.

But as the PP is FREE for me, it costs them more 2 sell 2 separate ones instead of 2 at once, which I wanted.

I haven't tried it on a tin yet, but like most KR items it is very well made.

Nice thoughtful practical gift, hope the recipient gets on with it well.

QVC don't seem to like it when they're pulled up over their prices. Someone on Facebook asked why QVC are charging £120 for a NIOD product, that you can buy in lots of other places for £38. The post appeared and, as I was trying to read the comment on it, QVC deleted it. Must have been a guilty conscience, otherwise it would have made sense for them to reply saying it was a mistake and will be corrected. They know full will they're taking customers for idiots and ripping us off left, right and centre. They clearly have no moral standards as a business, so how can they be trusted at all?

the £120 product that Q started selling is NIOD CAIS 5%,
the £38 product is NIOD CAIS 1%
they are not the same product!
however Q social media peeps should just say so,
rather than delete the comment,
the plonkers *facepalm*

the £120 product that Q started selling is NIOD CAIS 5%,
the £38 product is NIOD CAIS 1%
they are not the same product!
however Q social media peeps should just say so,
rather than delete the comment,
the plonkers *facepalm*

They wouldn't have a clue what product it was :mysmilie_14:

They've clearly paid megabucks to AH as they squeeze her on constantly, and even little ads appear in the corner of other shows. In danger of overkill, and dehard fans of hers will be sick of it soon.

Can't think why they have done this! I cannot watch the Promo with her on it - so FALSE and annoying!!!!! :mysmilie_10::mysmilie_1:

Yep and big mistake with the stuff, it's just poor naff.

:mysmilie_17:

Don't get these so called celebrity endorsements, especially AH! I've watched a couple of the Ruth shows and they are ok!
They should be spending money and time on P & P and arrange a Click and Collect system! :mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500:

Over heard a conversation at the Outlet a member of staff was saying they had a load of AH stuff that they just couldn't shift, people not buying it.
The customer replied but couldn't hear exactly, but gathered not impressed with her, did hear she said she was not surprised, saying she's just jumping on the band wagon.
Heard her then say, well she's said she shops at QVC, bet she'd never heard of QVC till this came up.

RL and AH are symptomatic of QVC's persistent delusion that we eagerly and blindly follow what "celebrities" say or do. Eventually, maybe, the penny will drop that they are mistaken.

RL and AH are symptomatic of QVC's persistent delusion that we eagerly and blindly follow what "celebrities" say or do. Eventually, maybe, the penny will drop that they are mistaken.

But the trouble is they are so slow.
They took Amanda Lamb on years ago with a TSV suitcase recall trying to lift one at the Outlet so heavy without a thing in it.
Away that was years ago she was on recently talking about when she started and she just had her little girl.
Then she was asked about her travel re Place in the Sun, but she'd finished doing the programme even then.
She's still asked about travel, so she references traveling in this country now filming her other programme though not mentioning its no longer travel.
Surely if she's advising on prepping homes for selling then she's better referenced to do a home décor now and certainly has a bit more credit than AH.
Would have saved all the AH expense.

If you think you know QVC....
1) pay no attention to what the presenters say on screen, as the reality will probably be very different
2) never throw away your granny's old curtains - flog them to Q and they'll make a range of clothing with them

Don't get these so called celebrity endorsements, especially AH! I've watched a couple of the Ruth shows and they are ok!
They should be spending money and time on P & P and arrange a Click and Collect system! :mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500:

I haven't watched either of their shows, but I think I heard JR say yesterday that last night was RL last show until the Autumn...at least we should be free of the her annoying promo for a few months.

Yes I do.

Advanced Orders will always be delayed, or send really early(returns anyone). Or items come into stock and go on general sale yet the advanced orders not sent first, you have to phone.

Returns with other people's stuff still in bags, clothes smelling of smoke or perfume sent out.

Made especially for QVC items are always not of the same standard of the brand's own.

Auto Delivery will 99.9% of the time go wrong, cancelled for some yet others will get them.

Celebs are the most important people in the universe if they use then the rest of must use the wonder products. Send a so called celeb loads of free stuff and then pay them to come on and front your shows.

The customer is always wrong

Use too much product and QVC will send it back to you. They have a scientific formula which tells them how much you should use within 30 days.

Ah you have highlighted all the 'glowing' points of Q, maybe you should get a job in their advertising and marketing department!

The point is with both Amanda Holden and Ruth Langsford is that you know what they are saying are 'set pieces' almost autocue with out the autocue (if that makes any sense at all), they are just 'celebrity' mouth-pieces that Q are hoping will attract that particular demographic in to purchasing their wares. Now whilst the theory is sound(ish), if they have not got the infrastructure in place to back up the 'glossy', then they are going to have people purchasing may be once and then stopping when they realise 'telly-land' is not 'real-land', or that when a customer wants to send an item back and realises the hassle and cost that they don't bother (so of course in Q's eyes a satisfied customer), to send the item back, nope without the proper back-room infrastructure, it is all 'fur and no knickers'!

Wonder how much they are loosing on the AH range since little is being sold, what is a lot is being returned and what is usually picked up at the Outlet, in words of sales assistant they can't shift the stuff, even at the Outlet prices.

:thinking:

A pity if QVC can't even play lip service to one part of what their initials are supposed to stand for!

And silly, if AH wants to monetise herself as a brand, not to insist on decent quality.

But the Amanda Holden promo advert should win an award for the most gut-wrenchingly false advert of the year. It is beyond embarrassing and she looks like she's about to fall sideways off the chair (well, I can hope, cant I?). AH flogging a range of spotty-patterned china mugs - gosh, how original!!

Wonder how much they are loosing on the AH range since little is being sold, what is a lot is being returned and what is usually picked up at the Outlet, in words of sales assistant they can't shift the stuff, even at the Outlet prices.

That's bleeding quick into the outlet isn't it? I thought everything sat on line at full price for years, then into clearance at a penny off for another couple of years and finally to the outlet! Maybe I'm mistaken?

That's bleeding quick into the outlet isn't it? I thought everything sat on line at full price for years, then into clearance at a penny off for another couple of years and finally to the outlet! Maybe I'm mistaken?

No returns etc. can make their way to the Outlets from around six weeks from seen on air.
Dyson hairdryers, the last Sketchers TSV, Dyson fans, plenty shoes, Radley, Kipling bags, Yankee electric tart burner set, YC jars, Relaxing garden chairs, Expanding Trellis, Ninjas, Ecoegg airers and Fountains can all be seen ATM

Goodness, some of the stuff in clearance is older as well as numerous items with only one size either XS or 3xl. Brands that haven't been on air for years - you would think these should have been sent there pronto.

Goodness, some of the stuff in clearance is older as well as numerous items with only one size either XS or 3xl. Brands that haven't been on air for years - you would think these should have been sent there pronto.

There's more than likely that stuff as well.
Clothing more so on the .99p rails.

:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back