Oh my word - they are biscuits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They were orgasming over that fold up garden trolley on Sunday, Plastic Dale was bleating how amazing the price is for £65 (not including p&p) down from £100 (not including p&p). That good the exact same one is coming to Aldi for £49.99, free p&p when you order on line, QVCs buying power hey? :mysmilie_15:

They were orgasming over that fold up garden trolley on Sunday, Plastic Dale was bleating how amazing the price is for £65 (not including p&p) down from £100 (not including p&p). That good the exact same one is coming to Aldi for £49.99, free p&p when you order on line, QVCs buying power hey? :mysmilie_15:

I got my Aldi newsletter just and did see that trolley when checking the special buys.
Didn't see Sunday's program missed that delight :mysmilie_11:
You can get some very good offers at Aldi.
We were fancying their steam generator iron had very good reviews when we checked and a lot more reasonable then the QVC Morphy Richards.

I've tasted Churchill biscuits before and found them bland and over priced, you get gorgeous biccies in the Supermarket for a fraction of the price, mind you let's be honest it is actually the tin you pay for anyway, yes it is each to their own. :clapping:

Yes Shoppy, I would say the tins are better than the biscuits. I prefer my homemade oaty biccy's that only take 15 minutes to bake and are far tastier.

I've tasted Churchill biscuits before and found them bland and over priced, you get gorgeous biccies in the Supermarket for a fraction of the price, mind you let's be honest it is actually the tin you pay for anyway, yes it is each to their own. :clapping:

:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_11:

I got my Aldi newsletter just and did see that trolley when checking the special buys.
Didn't see Sunday's program missed that delight :mysmilie_11:
You can get some very good offers at Aldi.
We were fancying their steam generator iron had very good reviews when we checked and a lot more reasonable then the QVC Morphy Richards.

Aldi have some Yankee lookalikes as a special this week. Hope they have some left when i go on Sunday. Plus their sun cream came out top of a recent poll.

Yes Shoppy, I would say the tins are better than the biscuits. I prefer my homemade oaty biccy's that only take 15 minutes to bake and are far tastier.

What date was it, were you doing the ST coffee morning please?
:mysmilie_17:

Ooh, would you mind sharing your recipe? I used to have a lovely one for fine oatmeal oatcakes, but I lost it (and the recipe, haha!) :D

Here you are ladies ! tried and tested and totally delish !!!

75g s/r flour
75g porridge oats
75g sugar
75g butter
1 tbsp golden syrup (maple syrup is nicer)
1 tbsp milk

Preheat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2.Sift flour into a bowl, porridge oats and sugar.
3.Melt butter, syrup and milk in a saucepan, and stir until heated through.
4.Add to the premixed dry ingredients. Mix well combined.
5.Spoon onto a baking tray and shape into rounds.
6.Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before removing from tray.

Add to dry ingredients
75g sultanas, or
75g coconut or
75g walnuts
for flavoured ones.

They sound delish! I'll be raiding the supermarket tomorrow for ingredients :D Thanks :D

I know you're all intelligent ladies, but I forgot to say its caster sugar, and bash the walnuts to death to make small pieces !!!!

Churchill's don't float my boat at all, or the tins, don't get it. Up here where I live our biscuits are way and above, taste and quality of this brand - so no I haven't, I don't and I won't be buying.

A friend of mine bought a selection of them, however, and when I last visited I asked to taste to see what all the fuss was about, and not wanting to be rude, I told her they were delicious, well you would wouldn't you - but all the while I was thinking, I've tasted much better.

I love biscuits. I sometimes pop into Harrods to get my favourite shortbread fingers that are half-coated with dark chocolate and contain large pieces of stem ginger. At £14 a small pack they are not cheap but as an occasional indulgence they are ok - and I'm worth it! I must say that I love cheap biscuits too. I prefer Asda's own digestives and Morrisons's own rich tea. At work we regularly buy large quantities of biscuits to carry people through tight deadlines etc. It would seem that QVC's offerings rather take the biscuit (sorry, that wasn't very original, was it? Oh crumbs, I've done it again!). If you want a fancy tin of bics M&S is usually a good bet. Holland & Barrett sometimes have some nice biscuits, strangely.

Latest posts

Back