L'Occitane TSV 14/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They never include the very big bottles of the lovely Shea body lotion these days. One time they used to be in nearly TSV along with foot cream or hand cream. They've definitely reduced the value of the TSVs these days.

This has absolutely nothing in it I want - I have a stash of the handwash and the regular Shea handcreams, loads of those little soaps from previous TSVs and the shower oil whilst intriguing, just isn't enough to fork out prob £45 for this TSV. Bit dull really.

Every TSV, OTO, BH all loaded down with foaming shower gel, handwash etc. Why? Because its cheap. They do the sizes to make you think its great value, but regardless of the official retail price, the foaming agent is the cheap as chips SLS. Some have no problem with it, but it dries my skin, and my scalp goes nuts.

I have become very cynical, I suppose. But when I see hand cream, shower gel, body wash, hand wash, facial cleansers and toners in a set, I see them as cheap padding with a smaller size of the real value product.

The shower oils are a lovely texture, and no SLS, but very strong fragrance. I used to love the almond oil one, but now hate the smell. If the new one smells like the hand cream, I definitely won't want it as I really dislike the smell, even if the cream is effective.

I bought some M&S lemon scented hand wash in the hope that it would be as nice/strong smelling as the Occie verbena hand wash. Unfortunately it is not nearly as nice but it was much cheaper.

They never include the very big bottles of the lovely Shea body lotion these days. One time they used to be in nearly TSV along with foot cream or hand cream. They've definitely reduced the value of the TSVs these days.

That's my favourite product from L'Occ. I have one large one with the pump left, bought from the Gunwharf Quays outlet a while ago. One of those in a TSV would tempt me back - I haven't bought one for ages.

I used to buy bits from L'Occ when they had good flash sales - I liked the small hand washes they did usually about half price.Then the sales seemed to go off in value and variety and I stopped buying. They stopped sending me emails for some reason, (maybe cos I stopped buying!), so I don't know if they still do the flash sales.

£27.98? Wow. Amazing value. Defo getting one.

Anyone get a glimpse if the AD was the same stuff or different before it went off line?

as it has not been live yet fully but im guessing its the same drop in so many days time as its a choice of lavender or verbena

If it's the same drop I might just buy one of each on TSV day so I can get one of each liquid soap, rather than the same.

The Verbena option only seems to be available on QCut but don't know whether to risk ordering or not as I can't be sure it's auto delivery as it doesn't say.....

This is a very good price IMHO but I have huge stashes of handwash, soap and shower gel (largely thanks to MB but also handwash from TK who are good for Scottish Fine Soaps and an Italian one that I like - it's just you never know when they will have any stock!) so will have to say No.

Re the Shea Body Lotion, I remember Alexis saying they would no longer be making the supersize bottles. I remember the TSV they did where four ADs each contained one of those then the gels etc varied by delivery. The body lotion is one of the products I happily go into the local Loccy and buy full price. I think it is great. Ditto the Shea handcream.

This is a very good price IMHO but I have huge stashes of handwash, soap and shower gel (largely thanks to MB but also handwash from TK who are good for Scottish Fine Soaps and an Italian one that I like - it's just you never know when they will have any stock!) so will have to say No.

Re the Shea Body Lotion, I remember Alexis saying they would no longer be making the supersize bottles. I remember the TSV they did where four ADs each contained one of those then the gels etc varied by delivery. The body lotion is one of the products I happily go into the local Loccy and buy full price. I think it is great. Ditto the Shea handcream.

I love that body lotion as well and can't understand why they aren't pushing it more like the handcream (which I also love), instead of branching out into new and unpopular scents and products which rapidly get shelved. Even Alexis raves on about that being her favourite product?!

I would say though, if they do have the good sense to start producing the 500 ml bottles again, I do hope they put them in a form better suited to getting the product out - that pump/insanely hard bottle configuration was a nightmare.

Latest posts

Back