Join Clothes Tunic TSV 19/06/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Join Clothes Summer Weight Jersey Double Layer Tunic
Item Number: 166770
QVC Price £78.00
Todays Special Value Price £57.96
P&P £4.95

This lightweight Join Clothes top features a camisole with a straight hemline, plus an attached tunic layered over the top with a sharkbite hemline, that skims your shape for a figure-flattering finish. A versatile piece that's perfect for the season, you can style this tunic with practically anything in your wardrobe - we love it with cropped trousers for a chic off-duty look.

A style for any shape - in an easy-to-wear design, this one-size tunic fits sizes 8 - 18.

Create a capsule wardrobe - this piece complements a wide range of pairings to give you endless style options. Plus with five seasonal hues to choose from, why stop at one colour? With Mocha as your staple neutral hue, build around it by adding brights of your choice, so you always have a multitude of looks to pick from.

Practicality meets style - created in an easy-care fabric, this tunic is machine washable and non-crease, making it ideal for taking away on trips. Less ironing can only be a good thing, right?

3/4 length sleeves
Scoop neckline
65% polyester, 35% viscose
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Blue
Pink
Mocha
Orange
Green

Garment measurements (one size):
Camisole:

Chest: 96.6cm (38")
Waist: 104.6cm (41.2")
Hip: 119.8cm (47.2")
Length: 73.2cm (28.8")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.166770

No shape, no tailoring, just 2 squares of cheap fabric with minimal stitching. I cobbled together a similar top in Home economics during my first year at secondary school. It's too short in front - cuts straight across the widest part of the thigh and potentially wouldn't cover the 'camel toe' area.

I liked the look of another top (don't have the link to hand) which looked lovely on the plus-size model. That is until she turned round. The generous cut and drape in the front is obviously at the expense of the back - straight down, no flare, not cut on the bias. It clings to the bum and hips, pulled across the width, no drape etc. Rubbish.

How apt the Morning Show comp is a question referring to the Emperors New Clothes :mysmilie_17:

It suits the larger models and Jilly. Too much fabric in the back on the smaller models and the brand rep. I agree too much polyester content.

Join clothes make no sense to me, imo there is absolutely no shape to any of them, they are like oddments of material sewn together. I have no idea who is buying them.:thinking:

Join clothes make no sense to me, imo there is absolutely no shape to any of them, they are like oddments of material sewn together. I have no idea who is buying them.:thinking:

I totally agree with you, I don't own a single piece of JOIN, I think the prices are totally outrageous, as I also do with some of the other ranges on QVC.

I can`t get my head around this one size does for all rubbish. I`m 5ft 10" and a size 18 top and a 16 bottoms, my sister is 5ft 2" and a size 12 straight up, now how can anybody tell me that something which fits me will fit her and vice versa ? Not to mention the silly prices for bog standard fabric and shapeless designs. I just don`t get it.

I don't know who is buying them either.The one size fits all is a con as far as I can see.They only look OK on larger ladies but why should larger ladies put up with sacks.?
As Lenny used to say his larger ladies get just as good a fit as any one else .How I miss Lenny.

I'm a skinny but not tall and elegant like the models and they would look like I bought the wrong size but decided to wear it anyway.

The price is a joke and the designers so called ,must be laughing all the way to the bank.

That top is not my taste, but it must be someone's as it has sold out in a couple of colours. What were these people thinking when buying? Shapeless, cheap looking and overpriced. No thanks.

It's a bit frustrating that there are enough people buying to back up QVC's belief they have a handle on what customers want... However, I think we have to accept that those who dislike it will be at least twice as vocal as those who like it. So there are shy Joinettes, stealthy Yong Kimmers, ninja Michele Hopers, sneaky Attitudes by Renée-ers, and surreptitious purchasers of other hideous designers' efforts. Whether they are sucked in by QVC hype, or genuinely love the pieces, I just hope they love and feel good in whatever they purchase.

It's not my cup of tea, but I'm sure some of what I purchase and wear has folks scratching their heads too. Live and let live. My strong objection to the price for the fabric remains, however.

Latest posts

Back