Amazon TSV 16/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

For those who have Amazon Prime it's Prime Day on the 11th. Many of Amazon's gadgets will be reduced, so probably a good idea to look on Amazon's own site rather than relying on Q.

fire HD 8 in 16gb & in 4 colours

I was looking at that on Amazon yesterday cause I could do with a small tablet. I wonder how much it is going to be. QVC very often have extras, like a case, so it might be worth waiting for. I think Amazon's is £179.

Last edited:
The Fire HD 8 and 16GB with Alexa 8" tablet in a choice of 4 colours is now £49.99 with the Amazon Prime deal.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J94T0XU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21[/QUOTE

When I looked yesterday they were £49.99 and £79.99 (not £179 that I put previously). The price has altered today but that could just be for prime customers which I'm not. Hopefully SCW will come up with the price soon

sadly no-one will know the Q price till it goes live

Anyone know if the battery life is any better on this version ?

The previous one lasted about 5 mins before dying

For those who have Amazon Prime it's Prime Day on the 11th. Many of Amazon's gadgets will be reduced, so probably a good idea to look on Amazon's own site rather than relying on Q.

Unfortunatly/fortunatly (take your pick), I got 'suckered', being a 'prime household', I decided to to 'just have a look' to see what offers were available today on Amazon, I have always been curious with regards to Amazon Underground and the fact that the apps/games are really free, when I had a browse and noted that there were some reasonable/good ones (that do cost money as I have 'fruit tablet' and they cost on there), so thought 'in for a penny..', so yes I don't think they could compete with the price I paid.

It is of course only one deal per customer, but hey come on you can't really expect anything else can you!

Unfortunatly/fortunatly (take your pick), I got 'suckered', being a 'prime household', I decided to to 'just have a look' to see what offers were available today on Amazon, I have always been curious with regards to Amazon Underground and the fact that the apps/games are really free, when I had a browse and noted that there were some reasonable/good ones (that do cost money as I have 'fruit tablet' and they cost on there), so thought 'in for a penny..', so yes I don't think they could compete with the price I paid.

It is of course only one deal per customer, but hey come on you can't really expect anything else can you!

Yup. I've spent a bit today on Amazon, too. I bought several deals (it was only single purchases for particular items). The Prime Day prices were just too tempting and there were actually some things that I was planning to buy anyway. :happy:

Last edited:
I bought 3 pairs of Skechers for little more than the price of one pair. I also bought a packet of Front line for the cat which also came with a free Amazon Pantry delivery which I will use. I have had emails to say that 2 pairs of Skechers and the Frontline will be delivered tomorrow and the other pair of Skechers on Friday. It must be a massive money earner for Amazon but the logistics must be frightening, wonder how many delivery drivers they have working tomorrow?
Conversely I had an email from QVC last Friday to say an item had been dispatched and it still hasn't arrived.

I got a Kipling Bag at a good price. In fact its £78 on the QVC website and I got it for £27.50. It would be mad not to buy it at that price. I didn't have time to wade through other deals. I decided against the Fire HD as I wasn't sure whether it would do everything I wanted. I will watch the tsv and see a presentation of it.

As this is going to be on at midnight, does anyone know if this can be used like normal tablets e.g. can you get outlook and also play games on it such as Candy Crush. Ive read a few reviews on Amazon and a lot say that you can only get Amazon related things on it but I need something to replace my old Samsung but I don't want to pay too much as I don't use everything on there. Thanks.

The Fire HD 8 and 16GB with Alexa 8" tablet in a choice of 4 colours is now £49.99 with the Amazon Prime deal.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J94T0XU/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Yep, as Prime Day coincides near my birthday, I decided to 'treat myself' because as we all know the best presents come from ones self. The configuration that I wanted was slightly more than the £49.99 and with the SD Card and the case it did come to around £100, so I will be interested to note what the deal is (it won't of course include the 'oh so wonderful 'tech support' as this would bump the price up twice-fold (at least), so not exactly a 'bargain', according to CR blog (he being the person doing the midnight launch), it is the new Alexia Fire HD, but the 'added extra' seems to be a voucher to design your own case, now whilst I can see that some people may want this, I have a feeling that they have kinda 'missed the boat' slightly and perhaps should have done this TSV last week before 'Prime Day', as whilst yes you had to be a 'Prime Customer' to take advantage of the deals (though of course you could have signed up for a 'free trial' (just of course make sure you cancel, if you don't want to continue_)), I primarily got mine because of 'Amazon Underground', thus using as a 'gaming tablet', from what I have found from the little time I have spent with it the screen is very responsive and despite not (well tech spec wise), being as 'sharp' as my 'fruit', in all honesty it is still HD (aficionados may call it 'pseudo' HD,) but it is still pretty sharp and clear for what I want it for. I like the layout as well with 'a place for everything and everything in it's own place), unlike my very very messy 'fruit' layout. No if the 'price is right', I would definitely consider getting one, either as a tablet to incorporate your Prime subscription (movies, books, music etc..), or for a 'cheap' gaming machine. Underground of course has a variety of different games to suit all tastes, thus for casual gaming (or for children), it is ideal. I have not used Alexia (what's the betting that this will be a major 'Q' selling point), as I am 'mad enough' as it is (and also talk to myself), so whilst having conversations in my head is fine (as no-one answers back), if I started talking to Alexia and my parents happen to walk past my bedroom ( I still live at home) and there is this 'mechanical answer', then my parents may get a tad confused (they are old, confused and befuddled (but in a nice endearing way)).

No I never recommend purchasing anything from Q (usually on the flip of that), but in this case and for the points mentioned above, I would defiantly consider this!

Anyone know if the battery life is any better on this version ?

The previous one lasted about 5 mins before dying

No, from the little time I have spent with mine, I am still on the charge given from factory (i.e I have not charged it yet and been on it around 2 hours and there is still around 55% left and only started at around 75% (was not fully charged), I was doing proper 'tablety' things, such as surfing, playing games and downloading, so was using it quite intensively (for a tablet of this capacity), so no, for me I think the battery life appears to be 'sound'. Though of course saying that I have yet to let the battery fully drain and then for me to recharge etc, but from initial play it seems OK!

I have an Amazon Fire small tablet - bought on Black Friday 18 months ago for not a lot and it's a perfectly okay. I do struggle to see it a bit and prefer my samsung 10 inch tablet but for the price it's difficult to argue against....

Amazon Fire HD8 16GB Tablet with Amazon Music & Case Vouchers
Item Number: 510011
QVC Price £90.00
Todays Special Value Price £69.96
P&P £3.95

The brand new Amazon Fire HD8 tablet features a vibrant 8" high definition display, a quad-core processor, 16GB of built-in storage and 1.5GB RAM for a fast and responsive experience, an extended battery life of up to 12 hours, and boasts fantastic features including the Alexa voice-controlled personal assistant. Complete with a voucher for you to choose from dozens of cases and a two-month free subscription voucher for Amazon Music Unlimited, this sleek device is perfect for your day-to-day life.

*Please note: if you were to buy the Fire HD 8 directly from Amazon, and the case from Caseable, you’d pay £109.89. So at Today’s Special Value price of £69.96, plus P&P, you’re saving over £34.

It's all easy - ready to use right out of the box, there's no software or computer required, or complicated set-up; just log in with an Amazon account, connect to Wi-Fi and you're ready to go.

Fast, clear, responsive - the proficient quad-core processor consists of four high-performance cores, which ensure quick app launch times, smooth games and videos, and great overall performance. Plus with the 8" screen and 1280 x 800 IPS display, you can enjoy crisp images, vivid colours and whiter whites, with a fantastic viewing experience even at wide angles.

Design your browsing - the tablet comes in a range of stylish colours options. Choose classic Black for a sleek look, or add some colour with brand new primary hues of Blue, Red or Yellow.

Alexa is now on Fire tablets - a voice-controlled personal assistant, Alexa responds to your questions and commands. She can check your calendar, get news, weather, traffic or sports updates, play songs, and even create shopping lists, as well as order you a takeaway or an Uber, or look up a recipe and read it out to you to follow! You can even connect your smart home - control lights, switches, thermostats and smart home technologies, when you pair it with compatible connected devices from Philips Hue, Hive, TP-Link, and more.

Better connected - with Family Library you can link your Amazon account to your partner's, so you can easily share apps, games, audiobooks and books. Additionally, it now allows Prime members to share their Prime Video.

Colour options:

Black
Yellow
Blue
Red

What's in the box?

Amazon Fire HD8 16GB tablet
USB 2.0 cable
5W power adaptor
Quick start guide

Added value:

1 x Amazon Music Unlimited Subscription voucher (two months)
1 x Caseable Case voucher

Technical specifications:

Display: 8" (20.3cm) high-definition touchscreen with IPS technology and an advanced polarising filter
Resolution: 1280 x 800 (189 ppi) with HD video playback
Processor: Quad-Core (up to 1.3 GHz)
Operating system: Fire OS
Memory: 1.5GB RAM
Storage: 16GB (available storage space 11.6GB) of internal storage; microSD slot allows for up to 256GB of additional storage
Camera: VGA front-facing camera. 2.0 MP rear-facing HD camera
Audio: integrated speakers 3.5mm stereo jack
Battery life: up to 12 hours battery life (dependent on usage) of reading, surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video and listening to music. Battery life will vary based on device settings, usage and other factors such as web browsing and downloading content. Actual results may vary
Charge time: fully charged in under 6 hours using the charger provided
Connectivity: dual-band Wi-Fi
Adjustable font size up to 50% larger and screen colour for night reading
Sensors: Accelerometer
Tablet (h x w x d): 21.4cm x 12.8cm x 1cm (8.4" x 5" x 0.4")
Weight: 369g

Content formats supported: Kindle (AZW), KF8, TXT, PDF, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively, Audible Enhanced format (AAX), DOC, DOCX, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, non-DRM AAC, MP3, MIDI, PCM/WAVE, OGG, WAV, M4V, MP4, AAC LC/LTP, HE-AACv1, HE-AACv2, MKV, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, HTML5, CSS3, 3GP, VP8 (WEBM)
Additional features: external volume controls, built-in Bluetooth with support for A2DP compatible stereo headphones, speakers, microphone, and LE accessories support; second screen functionality with X-ray
Accessibility: VoiceView Screen Reader and Screen Magnifier, enabling access to the vast majority of Fire tablet features. VoiceView features IVONA's award-winning natural language text-to-speech voice. Fire OS 5 also includes system-wide subtitle settings, adjustable font sizes up to 50% larger, and a variety of book reading text adjustments such as adjustable colours and text spacing. Also includes built-in Oxford dictionary

Input/output:
1 x micro USB 2.0
1 x micro SD
1 x 3.5mm headphone jack with in-line microphone support

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.510011

Latest posts

Back