Attitudes by Renee (in General)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Whilst with one exception this range doesn't suit me, and mostly I dislike it. However, of all the ranges featured on Q in the trouser department hers are the only ones that not only look good on me, but fit me the way I like, all the others when ordered, I've had to return.

Saying all of that, I wondered what others thought of the lady herself, I love to watch her and listen to her, she's obviously passionate about her range, and I know I sound like a broken record but I'll repeat myself again, what the American or Canadian women like, comes nowhere close to what British women like - sorry, but it's the truth. I lived and worked in the States and I know what I'm on about.

It always amazes me, despite the fact the Q is an American company, would you not think that some of the buyers and the other blah di blah lot would say to American and Canadian designers, 'well really this won't be too suitable, for the Brits lifestyle or climate' - nope obviously not.

I like Renee but not her clothes except I'm a repeat purchaser of her trousers, petite, crops etc. I enjoy watching and listening to her.

What say you?:mysmilie_17:

Years ago I bought navy wide leg, palazzo style trousers. Perfect length for me, and very dressy and flattering on. Never been tempted by anything else. Renee herself I don't mind, not brash - apart from the yellow hair, i can't fathom that. Macy's was full of the kind of stuff that you'd see on qvc

Macy's is like Milton Keynes. You find you're way there, but hopeless to find you're way out !!

I do so agree about the difference between the US and UK woman. The American woman are light years behind us in the fashion stakes, always have been. I remember wearing mini skirts for several years during the 60's, but it took a long time for the Americans to catch up and were still wearing the 50's preppy style. Things haven't gotten any better over the decades. Watch any US movie and look at the shoes, nothing special, just plain courts with a low heel - and this is the land that gave us SJP !!! British women want to remain stylish at a later age, and don't want to wear clothes that Mum would wear, but this is what the US designers are foisting on us. This obsession with poly/elastene is the 60's equivalent of crimplene, and is fabric of the devil in hot weather. Whatever happened to seersucker, cheesecloth, light linen, or that new fabric......... cotton

I like Renée, she's a good advert for her range. I do wish she'd bin the coy breast size euphemisms and the done-to-death wardrobe warrior schtick, though.

As former fit model, she perhaps comes at her ranges from a different perspective.

I think the women with control range is preferable as it has a high cotton content on most items.

I also really applaud that she still takes the time to come over.

I loved cheesecloth in my teens, quick drying and no ironing and crisp and clean looking. Remember the crimplene material that had no free movement, like wearing cardboard, and if a dress and you bent over you risked showing your knickers. Dried really quickly though. The Q elastene obsession is more to do with fitting the masses than anything else. That "fitting service" didn't last long on Q website, it was rubbish that's why, always put me between sizes which they explained as "if you want a more fitted look" or "if you want a more relaxed fit" caused so much indecision that people weren't jumping to their phones!

LIAM.... Cheesecloth was a great fabric to keep cool in Summer. If only a Vendor who designed Boho fashion using cheesecloth, seersucker etc would sell via Q, then I'm sure it would be terrifically popular. A few tie-dyed tops would be a welcome change from the granny prints, hi-lo hems and shark bites that seem so Jurassic now.

What makes me laugh is the spiel in the promo advert. Something along the lines of her being inspired by what 'real women' wear. Are there any other women?

I like Renée, she's a good advert for her range. I do wish she'd bin the coy breast size euphemisms and the done-to-death wardrobe warrior schtick, though.

As former fit model, she perhaps comes at her ranges from a different perspective.

I think the women with control range is preferable as it has a high cotton content on most items.

I also really applaud that she still takes the time to come over.

That really puts me off :down:

Macy's is like Milton Keynes. You find you're way there, but hopeless to find you're way out !!

I do so agree about the difference between the US and UK woman. The American woman are light years behind us in the fashion stakes, always have been. I remember wearing mini skirts for several years during the 60's, but it took a long time for the Americans to catch up and were still wearing the 50's preppy style. Things haven't gotten any better over the decades. Watch any US movie and look at the shoes, nothing special, just plain courts with a low heel - and this is the land that gave us SJP !!! British women want to remain stylish at a later age, and don't want to wear clothes that Mum would wear, but this is what the US designers are foisting on us. This obsession with poly/elastene is the 60's equivalent of crimplene, and is fabric of the devil in hot weather. Whatever happened to seersucker, cheesecloth, light linen, or that new fabric......... cotton

LOL I so loved your post and agree totally with everything you say. American women for the type of society it is broadly speaking, well they just amaze me in their ignorance of some things, including fashion, but the annoying thing is that they think they're telling us something, and teaching us, on how to dress. OMG, we could show them a thing or two. In many areas, even when it comes to personal (intimate care) they are way behind. An example of this I saw last year when the Real Housewives of New York - you know those extremely wealthy women, who were aghast at having the bikini area waxed, one of them saying ''you mean there are women who do this'' OMG that pretty much sums it up - whereas over here, well girlies we've been doing it for years - sorry I just think it's so funny these women think they can tell us a thing or three!:mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back