High price fashion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Q's prices for fashion are becoming unrealistic. Just watching Logo, and most of the range are T shirt type tops with a bit of flounce at the bottom, sleeveless or otherwise and all are around the FIFTY QUID mark !!! What with Join, Yonk Gim, and even Kim & Co, they are becoming more expensive than our own department stores. And once they start offering easy pay on a sodding T shirt, then the rot's set in.

Its getting silly now, putting it into another context, paying a week's grocery shopping for a sleeveless T shirt is surely not where we're at.

Increasingly QVC offers low quality at high prices. Too heavy an influence from what our North American cousins like. If we want to get a short-lived trend there are plenty of web and high street rivals who do it better and with better customer service to boot.

If the price for a patterned polyester dress is going to be £50+ I want all matched seems, properly sewn hems and reliable sizing to name a few requirements.

There were days, not so long ago, when I used to travel to the USA with a nearly empty suitcase, and stock up on things like clothes and shoes whilst I was there - because of the keen prices and enormous choice available. However, America now has it's own economic issues, and clothing and shoes are no longer cheap in the USA. When you add in the currently disastrous exchange rate, there is no longer any benefit for the British in buying American goods.
Time for Q to cast their net in a different 'ocean', I think.

Well, Yong Kim is on now and offering a poly/elastene sleeveless waistcoat with a zip for £115 !!!!!! Mentally anything over £100 (well, £60 really) and I expect to get a lot more than a shred of poly/elastene !

People are paying the prices they ask.Thats why Q gets away with it and is pushing it to other brands.Matla Wynne is another where pricing has gone through the roof.

I am always astonished because we are always hearing about austerity and how hard up everyone is.

Easy pays also mask the cost .People will convince themselves things are cheaper because of EP. Without it Q couldn't sell half of what they do.

I agree, but then catalogues like Kaleidoscope have monthly instalment plans and far more choice ! so no-one is really tied to QVC.

I don`t even bother watching any of the fashion shows. They`re either dreadful clothes, dreadful prices or both. I`ve often wondered who actually buys the stuff they sell because I sure as hell never see anybody kitted out like Ingrid or in head to toe of any of the other brands. I agree the Americans have backward fashion taste. A penfriend of mine once visited the UK with their whole family and they live in backwater Idaho, their nearest store is a 30 minute drive away in a very small town and when I asked their 15 year old daughter what she liked best about Britain, her answer was the clothes. They rely so heavily on mail order fashion and when they sent me a photo of their daughter`s prom she was dressed like a middle aged woman, such were their limits in finding prom dresses nearby.
As for QVC UK, well all I can say is some people must have more money than sense to pay the prices they ask for shapeless monstrosities or cheaply made stretchy polyester tops etc. topped up with sky high delivery charges. I love clothes and like a lot of women I own too many but I look around before I buy, use voucher codes, wait for sales and refuse to be ripped off.

What really galls me is the fact that they charge high-end boutique prices for the product, plus next-day delivery level P&P and what you get is a weeks' wait for a piece of rag to show up in a plastic bag. It really doesn't match their self-grown image of being the number 1 shopping channel that is best for brands. Bull. They're best for nothing these days.

I so agree about the plastic bags (er, QVC, time to think about plastic in whales' stomachs methinks !!!!)

I have bought clothes online from another company - and yes, prices are similar to those now charged by Q, HOWEVER, they are mainly linen based, and they arrive beautifully wrapped in tissue in a cardboard box, makes all the difference, and the wrapping is recyclable.

I watch the fashion shows because I enjoy them, it doesn't take a great deal of knowledge to see why designers like their clothing shown on tall slim models, or shorter slim models, they just wear them so well and they hang right.

Well I'm fat and 5ft with very slim legs and ankles, but even if I was like those mentioned above, I would never pay those kind of prices for what I personally wouldn't be seen out in when meeting friends and relatives, indeed, I doubt I'd even go to my local supermarket in some of that stuff.

How the heck can they possibly justify some of that horrendous pricing -if I want quality and good fabric I'll happily pay over the odds, but not for that stuff - get real QVC

Another thing I strongly dislike - hate - are those hemlines, what is wrong with a straight hemline, why all this fluff with uneven zig zag hemlines, hanky hemlines - I hate them, I hate them in tunic and cardigans too, but they seem to be staying - I don't get it I'm afraid. Call me old fashioned! :mysmilie_51::mysmilie_48:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back