Just Found This

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every designer on Q and elsewhere, very sadly in my opinion, have everything made in China. Even jewellery, that so-called big name Skagen, where the owners are Danish but live in the USA where they set up the brand, they're not easy watches to have the battery changed and none of the jewellers like it when you take a Skagen in for a battery change because often the glass will shatter - well here's a heads up - they're cheap watches made in China.

china and india do make high quality stuff now. they make tat too but they have good factories making quality items for the big companies.

Every designer on Q and elsewhere, very sadly in my opinion, have everything made in China. Even jewellery, that so-called big name Skagen, where the owners are Danish but live in the USA where they set up the brand, they're not easy watches to have the battery changed and none of the jewellers like it when you take a Skagen in for a battery change because often the glass will shatter - well here's a heads up - they're cheap watches made in China.

I am lucky and never had a problem getting the battery changed, local watch shop does it for £7. But jewellers and even the little stands you see in shopping centre won't touch.

I watched Supershoppers on TV the other night and they were talking about how iconic so called British brands are now made abroad but how sometimes the labelling can be misguiding. There were Hunter wellies, Jack Wills, Burberry, Barbour and how they are all marketed as iconic British brands but every one of them are made abroad. The presenter really had to hunt where each item was marked as being made in China or Portugal and the brands get away with it by labelling items as being "fabulously British" and market themselves as being British or that their items are " created in Britain " which doesn`t actually mean made in Britain. All totally misleading.

I watched Supershoppers on TV the other night and they were talking about how iconic so called British brands are now made abroad but how sometimes the labelling can be misguiding. There were Hunter wellies, Jack Wills, Burberry, Barbour and how they are all marketed as iconic British brands but every one of them are made abroad. The presenter really had to hunt where each item was marked as being made in China or Portugal and the brands get away with it by labelling items as being "fabulously British" and market themselves as being British or that their items are " created in Britain " which doesn`t actually mean made in Britain. All totally misleading.

The Emma Bridgewater radio is very deceptive in being branded as British .Only the designer is British.Every thing else is Chinese,yet Q push the brand as made in UK.i threw the box out but I'm sure they get round it if one screw is put in in the UK.It was stated on the box ,I forget the actual wording .

Latest posts

Back