Lock & Lock TSV 20/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like those containers a lot, but what I don't get is why on earth you people in the UK only get the boring clear ones! There are many nice colours out there and in Germany, we always have the coloured sets, never ever the clear containers as that are the ones available offline in supermarkets etc.

I use them for all sorts of things, mainly gadgets! For example, a waterproof case for my camera, and my DAB earpiece radio (VQ Blighty, as seen on QVC, but bought cheaper elsewhere of course).

These sets are usually good value, but I am totally lock'n'locked out now, so no more space to keep any more.

I like those containers a lot, but what I don't get is why on earth you people in the UK only get the boring clear ones! There are many nice colours out there and in Germany, we always have the coloured sets, never ever the clear containers as that are the ones available offline in supermarkets etc.

usually in a tsv we get 5 options the clear & a choice of 4 colours but only the lids are coloured

usually in a tsv we get 5 options the clear & a choice of 4 colours but only the lids are coloured
In Germany, it is the containers that are in different colours, the lids are clear white. When the containers have a pattern printed on ( I have some with ladybirds printed on, sooooo lovely), the lids are coloured. But there are also containers which are completely coloured.

In Germany, it is the containers that are in different colours, the lids are clear white. When the containers have a pattern printed on ( I have some with ladybirds printed on, sooooo lovely), the lids are coloured. But there are also containers which are completely coloured.

i personally dont think they would sell very well here as i think Q has tried them before & they bombed

i personally dont think they would sell very well here as i think Q has tried them before & they bombed

They have never had those on QVC here, shame, would be nice to see some variety!!!

Lock & Lock 20 Piece Assorted Storage Set
Item Number: 806179
QVC Price £29.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.96
P&P £3.95

This 20-piece Lock & Lock collection includes an array of rectangular and round containers, all featuring innovative four-way click lock closures and an airtight, resilient silicone seal ideal for storing food. From leftovers and lunch to pet food and pasta, replace old takeaway boxes and stained containers with this impressive set.

Organise your kitchen, and beyond - these handy containers are perfect for storing a huge range of fresh and non-perishables in the kitchen, such as baking ingredients, dinner leftovers, and salad. You can use them elsewhere in your home too, as they're great for storing bits and bobs needed for hobbies or interests such as DIY, gardening, or craft.

BPA-free
Dishwasher safe
Freezer suitable
Microwave safe

Colour options:

Clear
Blue
Green
Purple
Orange

Contains:

2 x Rectangular 3.9L (h x w x d) - 23.2cm x 16.2cm x 16.5cm (9.1" x 6.4" x 6.5")
2 x Rectangular 1.4L (h x w x d) - 20.5cm x 8.4cm x 13.4cm (8" x 3.3" x 5.3")
2 x Rectangular 970ml (h x w x d) - 15.2cm x 9.9cm x 11.3cm (6" x 3.9" x 4.5")
2 x Rectangular 800ml (h x w x d) - 20.5cm x 5.2cm x 13.4cm (8" x 2" x 5.3")
2 x Rectangular 550ml (h x w x d) - 18.1cm x 5.2cm x 12.8cm (7.1" x 2" x 5")
2 x Rectangular 470ml (h x w x d) - 13.5cm x 6.8cm x 10.2cm (5.3" x 2.7" x 4")
4 x Rectangular 350ml (h x w x d) - 13.5cm x 5.2cm x 10.2cm (5.3" x 2" x 4")
2 x Round 300ml (h x w x d) - 11.4cm x 5.5cm x 11.4cm (4.5" x 2.2" x 4.5")
2 x Round 100ml (h x w x d) - 8.9cm x 4.3cm x 8.9cm (3.5" x 1.7" x 3.5")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806179

I bought a set of four jugs with lids the last time they aired. Unfortunately one stained when I used it to microwave some tomato soup and then, to add insult to injury, one of the tabs snapped off the lid. I think I'll stick to the cheaper brands in future.

Do they stack inside each other? It's storage space in cupboards I'm short of.

Some of the tabs snapped off the lids from the last lot I bought and others I found incredibly difficult to snap the tabs on, then off. I might be in though as I have this uncanny knack of losing either the lids or containers that match each other so I have dozens of tops that don't match the bottoms. How does this happen?? Similar thing with socks and earrings - never match.

CC

Some of the tabs snapped off the lids from the last lot I bought and others I found incredibly difficult to snap the tabs on, then off. I might be in though as I have this uncanny knack of losing either the lids or containers that match each other so I have dozens of tops that don't match the bottoms. How does this happen?? Similar thing with socks and earrings - never match.

CC[/QUOdTE]

Me too, I always seem to end up with top and bottoms of lock and lock that don't match up, and I am sure I don't throw them out by accident. I bought a set off Q must be over 10 years ago now and they are still going strong, and I do find that salad stuff and veg does seem to keep fresher in them than cheaper brands I have bought. I can't justify buying anymore though as I just don't have the storage space for them, but the tsv looks like a useful set

I like and use Lock and Lock on a regular basis (well daily if I am being brutally honest), but whilst the TSV's are good value for money (can't believe I am actually stating that), there are always sizes that I don't need, so whilst I then spend around £4 or so pounds on the ones I purchase (which over time will be the price of the TSV), it will be on sizes that I want. I can imagine that most people have a cupboard (usually one that has steamers/blenders ( when they were on a 'health kick'), breadmakers/mixers (just after watching Bake off), as well as a myriad of plastic (for the 'just in case' moments), well unfortunately our cupboard is overflowing with these gadgets etc.. so I can't avail myself of this TSV (shame really)!

As I type, Simon Brown is getting carried away with his enthusiastic but useful description only to be cut dead by Chloe who then repeats a lot of it but not as eloquently!

I like Simon, he doesn't really need a side-kick for this product.

CC

I have had the same problem, the side of one of mine refuses to open .

To be honest, the amount of time my food is stored in the fridge, the cheaper "lock a likey" as Simon Brown calls them, or used to, I really don't need the expensive sets, and if it's for the likes of household materials, then it really doesn't matter if they're air tight, so long as they're stored tidy, so the supermarket and Poundstretcher ones are good enough for my needs.

To be honest, the amount of time my food is stored in the fridge, the cheaper "lock a likey" as Simon Brown calls them, or used to, I really don't need the expensive sets, and if it's for the likes of household materials, then it really doesn't matter if they're air tight, so long as they're stored tidy, so the supermarket and Poundstretcher ones are good enough for my needs.
I bought a cheap set. They are difficult to close. They go out of shape if used in the microwave. L&L is much nicer to use.

Latest posts

Back