Lock & Lock TSV 20/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I bought a cheap set. They are difficult to close. They go out of shape if used in the microwave. L&L is much nicer to use.

My set don't, I bought some from Morrisons on offer last year and they're still going strong, £8 (instead of £12) for twelve decent sizes. I must add though, I only use them for storage and never microwave anything up in plastic of any kind, I always use glass dishes to microwave, the thought of heating food up in plastic knocks me sick.

I bought a cheap set with a squillion bits from IKEA. They warped in the microwave (despite being micro safe) and nearly all of them the lids were a battle to put on and off as they didn't seem to be quite square. Went in the bin within a month. Lock and Lock are good but they do need to keep the quality up as I've had one or two duffers in the sets I've had, not to mention them metamorphosing into different sizes that don't fit when I'm not looking.

CC

Mr CC did threaten to build me a house to live in out of lock and lock if I bought any more. Every time he opens the cupboard they assault him as they leap out onto his head. Also the right size lids for the right size boxes seem to come alive at night and leave home so that none match and the remaining boxes are useless, just taking up space. No more for me but they are addictive.

CC

One of the best things I've bought from QVC. I've not found anything to match it TBH. I will resist the TSV. I have enough of the rectangular types but will be on the look out individual pieces in other shapes

I've just seen look'n'likes in Lidl for the first time, 2 different sets of 3 (nestable) for £2-99, the set I bought was rectangular, 1.5L, 1L, 0.25L, they look useful sizes.

The other set was square.

Latest posts

Back