Birkenstock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They got old and not selling enough stock, sold cheaper else where, another brand offering QVC a better deal to sell their sandals.

As I said before loads of companies just use QVC as a spring board to get their brand out there then move on.

I liked the lady who presented them.Shame they can't get her to represent some other brands. Probably doesnt fit the Q requirements. Some of the current ones are not vey good.

I liked the lady who presented them.Shame they can't get her to represent some other brands. Probably doesnt fit the Q requirements. Some of the current ones are not vey good.

Indeed! Nicky was lovely, described the styles well, and brought a good choice of styles to air. I reckon that reducing the tsvs to variations of the Madrid style, or the horrid Betula slides,sped up the brand's demise on QVC. At the end of the day QVC want to sell popular items with strong and growing demand, at prices which look like they are competitive, and generate a healthy profit.

I can't help feeling QVC killed the goose that lays the golden egg in this case, in their quest for large profits, newness and exclusivity.

birkenstocks last forever they never really fall apart. mind you you can say that about kipling bags last forever so no real need to keep on buying.

birkenstocks last forever they never really fall apart. mind you you can say that about kipling bags last forever so no real need to keep on buying.

I would have to disagree, even as a dedicated wearer. Insoles wear through to the jute, the uppers can rip at stress points, and the sole loses its tread. It can also be very difficult to keep them odour free, as only the EVA ones can be immersed in water.

i have some for well over 10 years a quick wipe in the inner sole and upper and they are good to go. if i do get rid its because i am sick to death of them.

We'll have to rename them "BirkenSHOCK!" because it is one, especially to the people who don't realise that you can actually buy them elsewhere, and here's the shock, cheaper and with free P&P. That's more than likely why QVC pulled the plug because more and more people caught on to the fact and QVCs sales dropped dramatically,

From my point of view I'm glad they stopped selling them because I used to buy quite a few and Ive now got a cupboard full that I don't wear so Ive saved myself some money. When I need a new pair I will look on line and just buy one. When you are shown a whole host of different styles and colours you get tempted to buy more. I was a bit like that with Kipling but I'm a bit more savvy now. My guilty pleasure at the moment is sketchers but I do get my wear out of them and they are so comfy.

From my point of view I'm glad they stopped selling them because I used to buy quite a few and Ive now got a cupboard full that I don't wear so Ive saved myself some money. When I need a new pair I will look on line and just buy one. When you are shown a whole host of different styles and colours you get tempted to buy more. I was a bit like that with Kipling but I'm a bit more savvy now. My guilty pleasure at the moment is sketchers but I do get my wear out of them and they are so comfy.

I've got many pairs of Birki's languishing in the wardrobe as I have changed to Fitflops which i find a lot better for my feet.

I never liked the toe post style which was really popular or the single strap. I wear a pair of the clogs as house shoes, bought them on Ebay some years back and they have leather tops.

I love my Boston clogs, I have a black and a brown pair and another pair that is a variation on a Boston with a brown nubuck finish and crossed buckled straps across the instep, bought the Bostons more years ago than I care to remember, both have been tipped and heeled once and now need doing again and the nubuck ones are in need of the same treatment. I can walk for miles in them, as I can in my Fitflops, just bought a pair of their F-sporty lace ups in gold and also my MBTs, which make you work really quite hard at walking, although they do look like orthopaedic shoes, I still love them and have had several pairs!

i have some for well over 10 years a quick wipe in the inner sole and upper and they are good to go. if i do get rid its because i am sick to death of them.

:mysmilie_516::mysmilie_516::mysmilie_516::mysmilie_465:

You're obviously gentler on your shoes than me.

I bought a pair of Birkis once and they absolutely crippled me!! Never again. I also cannot wear sandals with toe posts. I hate the sensation of them between my toes. Nightmare feet!!!!!!

I wear my Birkenstocks around the house as my slippers after a Chiropodist told me after a toe infection not to wear 'fluffy' slippers.I took me years to find a style that fit me (can't abide toe posts in any make) & that was in a shop in Germany that was full of them.I have bought a couple of pairs from Q once a TSV & they did offer a good range of styles but I suppose other makes have overtaken them.Much prefer Birkis to a pair on Vionic sandals I have.

I get my Birkis from Amazon .Q always sold out of my size 7 and I'm a traditionalist so like the Arizona type.

The made for Q TSVs were not great and I never went for them .I think they ran out of ideas.

I would like a pair of softbed gizeh but at £75 plus I just can't bring myself to pay that for something I can only wear on a dry Saturday

Love my birks. I have Madrids, Sydneys, Sylts, Salinas, Arizona's, Florida's. Can't be doing with toe posts, but cannot be without the toothed support both indoors and outdoors. I am grateful to QVC for getting me started, but shop mainly on Amazon or wait for a Vente-Prive sale.

Latest posts

Back