Birkenstock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love my birks. I have Madrids, Sydneys, Sylts, Salinas, Arizona's, Florida's. Can't be doing with toe posts, but cannot be without the toothed support both indoors and outdoors. I am grateful to QVC for getting me started, but shop mainly on Amazon or wait for a Vente-Prive sale.

Sodding autocorrect!!!!!

Toothed = footbed!!!!!

I use deodorising shoe sprays on the footbed between wears to keep them smelling as fresh as possible :mysmilie_59:

If you are prone to sweaty feet, as I am, the suede footbed Birkenstocks don't stay 'fresh' for long.

I used to have a pair of flyflot slippers and for all their much vaunted hygiene infused footbed, they used to honk after about a week, whereas my birkenstocks (I only wear the clogs,so fully enclosed toes) have never as much as required anything more than an airing overnight and I do have pongy prone feet!

I bought a pair of Birkis once and they absolutely crippled me!! Never again. I also cannot wear sandals with toe posts. I hate the sensation of them between my toes. Nightmare feet!!!!!!

No I could never wear flip flops or anything with toe posts, rubbed the skin between my toes until it bled. Gave me terrible low back pain as well. Never got on with the Scholl wooden sandals either.:mysmilie_492:

Yeah I mentioned this a while ago, my theory is however was that because they couldn't sell in the states then they couldn't give enough discount as it were so Q were not making enough money from selling them. Whereas Skechers (which seems to be the brand that has taken over), are an American company thus Q UK can purchase on the back of the US and thus get the prices. I can't actually knock Skechers (even though I am not a lover of anything American (yeah, I see the irony their, my nickname isn't Baldrick), I do find these trainers comfortable and yet I wouldn't 'risk' purchasing from Q, simply because I have 'weird' feet and need to purchase two different sizes for fit (you can see where I am going here). No I think that we are going to have to be content with Q being ever more American, thus getting ever more American brands (Sun Joe's anybody!) and we just going to have to 'lump it'. I know that Q has got some British brands (aside from Beauty), in Fashion and Food (in fact all the food is British), but these are the exception, no if Q can't trade of America then some brands aren't going to last. I am always cynical when the presenters state that the product has sold well in the States, then I read the reviews and a completely different picture emerges, do the presenters honestly think that people take their word as gospel!

No I could never wear flip flops or anything with toe posts, rubbed the skin between my toes until it bled. Gave me terrible low back pain as well. Never got on with the Scholl wooden sandals either.:mysmilie_492:
I have to break my feet into the toeposts every year by wearing, even the old ones, round the house for a few days. Cannot wear the Madrids or scholl wooden sandals. I have to break all shoes and boots in though. Currently struggling with a pair of leather converse which have exceptionally hard back of heels. Plasters and socks needed.

Scholl sandals! Yes I came to grief with them too. If you didn't step correctly and caught the side of your foot, my God the pain!!

I have to break my feet into the toeposts every year by wearing, even the old ones, round the house for a few days. Cannot wear the Madrids or scholl wooden sandals. I have to break all shoes and boots in though. Currently struggling with a pair of leather converse which have exceptionally hard back of heels. Plasters and socks needed.

Have you tried Clark's? They never need breaking in.

Birkenstock galore on vente-privee at the mo. I am not shopping as most are narrow footbed, and frankly I don't need any more pairs!

Latest posts

Back