Skechers TSV 29/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a 6 and they are ok for me. However, does anyone else have a problem with the memory foam turning black after a few wears ? I don't wear socks or tights, so my feet don't get sweaty, and always make sure I have clean feet before wearing, but still, the insoles turn black - and look a bit embarrassing when taken off. I do spend a lot of time shoving them in the machine at 30deg, but it doesn't get rid of the black marks entirely. I wonder if there is something in the content of the foam that makes them turn this colour. Am not on Twitter so cant complain direct.

Thanks Brissles. Hopefully they will be ok size wise. The only time Ive gone down is those with the lace fronts that were a tsv a while ago and they did say from the off to do that. I cant say I do have problems with the memory foam. However, Ive just looked at one of the pairs Ive got and they do look a bit dirty but not black. Mind you Ive just turned them over and realised how much Ive worn them as the raised bits on the bottom have worn down so its not surprising they look a bit dirty.

Why did they keep saying that they were only available on QVC?
As always, if I'm tempted by anything on QVC I look at Amazon and Ebay to compare prices, and see customer reviews, and I found some on Amazon for more than £10 less than the TSV, including postage.
It may be that it's the fabric on the TSV that's new rather than the style, as those on sale elsewhere have a more marled effect (I bought a pink/purple marl, very pretty).
Regarding size and fit - the reviews are a bit random, both too tight, and too loose - so my take is that they're probably quite true to size, as they said yesterday

My 'purple' have just arrived, and they're a good fit, and do look so pretty. I've had a thought about the sizing issue. With normal footwear the sides can be rigid so hold a foot in place, with fabric there is very little structure so with the ballet styles it can be a bit hit and miss - the trainer styles are more enclosed so hold the foot in place better. Just my thoughts !

My 'purple' have just arrived, and they're a good fit, and do look so pretty. I've had a thought about the sizing issue. With normal footwear the sides can be rigid so hold a foot in place, with fabric there is very little structure so with the ballet styles it can be a bit hit and miss - the trainer styles are more enclosed so hold the foot in place better. Just my thoughts !

Great news Brissles, so pleased your happy with your purple ones, they have arrived really quick too.

:mysmilie_3:

They do smell very strong of plastic out of the box I would say very generous both in width and size.
So I do hope those with average to narrow have gone down at least a size.
Very soft on the feet, spongy and do feel comfy, not at all like usual ballet style with the ribbon bound edge, would make ideal slippers.
Don't think they would provide a good deal of support if you need a supportive shoe.

My aqua ones arrived today and I think I could have done with a size smaller. Ive put a review on - yet to be approved - saying that the presenters should get their act together before they offer the item and decide what size would suit people. I would have ordered a size down if, what they said later in the day, had been said at midnight. I do agree though that, because they are less structured at the sides, it makes them feel a bit loose. I haven't decided yet whether I am going to keep them. Will give it a few days and see how it goes.

My aqua ones arrived today and I think I could have done with a size smaller. Ive put a review on - yet to be approved - saying that the presenters should get their act together before they offer the item and decide what size would suit people. I would have ordered a size down if, what they said later in the day, had been said at midnight. I do agree though that, because they are less structured at the sides, it makes them feel a bit loose. I haven't decided yet whether I am going to keep them. Will give it a few days and see how it goes.

Same here. Mine arrived today & ordered my correct size as that was what was said in the presentation I watched. They are a bit big, width ok, I'm an average width, but a bit long & tend to slip off at the back when I walk.. Aside from that they are very comfy, the sole is amazing and they look nice. Neat for a trainer feeling shoe.I'll try wearing them with a sock see if that helps though would prefer not having to it being so warm. May send them back, like Puffin I'll wear them a few days & see.

OMG Marina!!

Me!!

I am always whinging that Skechers don't have much above a size 8 in the UK.

I have ordered two different Skechers size 10's for less than the price of one.

Fingers crossed that arrive and fit (and aren't childrens sizes).

Thank you SO much for sharing!!

:grin:

Has someone been looking for a larger size Skecher if I remember correctly? There's a limited stock of size 10 of Womens Go Walk 3 Super Breathe Shoes £21.11, I love mine, they are breathable, bought when more sizes were available.

https://www.getthelabel.com/p/skechers-womens-go-walk-3-super-breathe-shoes/65569

Also love these sandals, very comfy and look nice once on.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/skechers-go-walk-mrw-ld73-223015?colcode=22301522

OMG Marina!!

Me!!

I am always whinging that Skechers don't have much above a size 8 in the UK.

I have ordered two different Skechers size 10's for less than the price of one.

Fingers crossed that arrive and fit (and aren't childrens sizes).

Thank you SO much for sharing!!

:grin:

You are very welcome SallyMc! What did you order?

I find that a Skecher is normally true to size, but ever so slightly roomy which I like, I’m size 4 and buy size 4 in Skechers, the 3 and the 3.5 are a bit too small.
However, on QVC when it’s specially made for them, the size can be a size larger, I bought one TSV, sent it back and never bothered again, also the prices are much better elsewhere.

pink.jpgpurple.jpg

I ordered these 2 Marina!

I have big feet anyway and have lots of Skechers size 9 but when my arthritic toes play up (like now) I could really do with a little more wriggle room!

But I have ordered a pre-paid label for £2.50 in case they need to go back.

I have never ordered from that website before, so I am off to see what else I can find.

Thank you again!! :mysmilie_59:

My TSV in purple arrived yesterday and are being sent back. I'm usually a 51/2 and they are slightly to big, so looks like I could have done with a 5. Love the colour, really wanted to wear them on my holiday next week.:mysmilie_51:

View attachment 14357View attachment 14358

I ordered these 2 Marina!

I have big feet anyway and have lots of Skechers size 9 but when my arthritic toes play up (like now) I could really do with a little more wriggle room!

But I have ordered a pre-paid label for £2.50 in case they need to go back.

I have never ordered from that website before, so I am off to see what else I can find.

Thank you again!! :mysmilie_59:

I like these! The website is good and you can speak to their CS on the phone if need to, quick returns too. Hope you like your Skechers SallyMc.

My TSV in purple arrived yesterday and are being sent back. I'm usually a 51/2 and they are slightly to big, so looks like I could have done with a 5. Love the colour, really wanted to wear them on my holiday next week.:mysmilie_51:

Its annoying isn't it. I have written a review saying that they need to decide before they put the product on air what size people should go for instead of changing their minds halfway though the day. I have a feeling that they wont put it on because Ive made a comment about the presenters.

As Ive said before, I ordered mine in the midnight hour and by the time they changed their minds about sizing the size down to mine was sold out.

You could contact them, because I have a feeling that they will get people returning them and you may just be lucky and get a 5. Depends when you are going on holiday.

Larger footed people, try Amazon for Sketchers, I just got a pair of size 8 (now sold out) lace trainer/pumps, oh my they are beautiful. Free del, just slightly over £17. All of the other smaller sizes were far more and they still have some at the higher price but there were a lot of other styles in larger sizes (some in size 9), it's a matter of keep looking every now and then. I am a 8 and half so I'm caught between the two sizes so check out other websites to see if they are relaxed fit or normal fit - rather like the way Birkenstock had the different widths. With Sketchers I can get a 8 on relaxed and they fit well.

It is hard to get the bigger sizes for sure though. I liked this TSV and thought will I'm going to have a look what Amazon have to offer and saved myself a good wad of dosh and satisfied the need for new shoes!

Tried my grey size 5 they are going back even having a massively wide foot, this morning I'm walking out of them.
I can get my thumb in the back, so if a size 4 is wide enough I'm sure it would be fine length wise.
Having said that the size 4 would have to be sized accordingly but reports are some different colours labelled the same size are different.

Sadly by the sounds of it, I predict many returns for this TSV.

Latest posts

Back