Do you think they`re struggling ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I remember reading a post on QVC US forum a few years back. A woman's mother had passed and she went to help clear out her home. Piled high in cupboards and walk in wardrobes boxes and boxes of stuff from QVC. The punchline, not even opened! She thought her mother had just got caught up in the friendly, 'we are a family QVC hype' and continued buying as she considered the presenters as friends!

I remember reading a post on QVC US forum a few years back. A woman's mother had passed and she went to help clear out her home. Piled high in cupboards and walk in wardrobes boxes and boxes of stuff from QVC. The punchline, not even opened! She thought her mother had just got caught up in the friendly, 'we are a family QVC hype' and continued buying as she considered the presenters as friends!

It's so sad.

There was someone on eBay a few years ago who was selling off hundreds of pounds' worth of products from her mother's home, too. I seem to remember it was mainly beauty and, I think, candles. I'm pretty sure she said it was all from QVC or the brands for sale gave it away.

As I've said many times, QVC SHOULD READ THIS FORUM EVERY DAY.

But even if they do, they wouldn't admit it.

And they certainly take no notice of all the sensible suggestions on here.

Ostriches and sand springs to mind.

As I've said many times, QVC SHOULD READ THIS FORUM EVERY DAY.

But even if they do, they wouldn't admit it.

And they certainly take no notice of all the sensible suggestions on here.

Ostriches and sand springs to mind.

Yes, their prerogative to ignore st.com - also their loss.

They trade on being the best TV shopping channel and like telling us as such.
Not interested in what the customer says they are always wrong.
Even ringing up CS telling them have received a used item no you are wrong, we don't send out used items

:mysmilie_8:

They trade on being the best TV shopping channel and like telling us as such.
Not interested in what the customer says they are always wrong.
Even ringing up CS telling them have received a used item no you are wrong, we don't send out used items

:mysmilie_8:

So a coconut mushroom, a woman's cheque book, tea bag and smoky odour were free gifts then!?

i think they do read the forum. but the powers to be don't care. for them its let the customer support take the flack and as long as we still get sales so be it

IMO Royal Mail is never a problem with anyone else except Q.

Had email to say my John Lewis order is being delivered today ( fri 30/6) ordered Monday night (free delivery).I seem to be waiting ages for QVC with RM the only exception is some TSV's via Hermes--but again whatever the price of the item P&P is not free.

The buyers I've spoken to say they do read this forum (and the presenters). I had a tour of Marco Polo House years ago (2003?) and the gallery had Ideal World playing with other shopping channels (sound off), in addition to the expected multiple camera angles of their own on-air hour. I reckon that 10-15 years ago they were patting themselves on the back that they were unchallenged in TV direct selling but, and it's a BIG BUT, internet shopping has evolved and even other smaller channels have stolen their jewellery and craft trade. QVC has the worst shopping website I've come across. As with recent QVC ideas it's created for style (?) over substance and every week a new fault is reported on facebook and here, without the oldest faults being fixed yet. We could run a sweep-stake...pick a date when the whole site crashes completely!

Yes, I think they're definitely struggling. When you've got Ideal World offering free returns through Asda and now next day collection at Asda for £1, QVC seem absolutely prehistoric, and for some reason refuse point blank to evolve. They've got to realise they're not the only ones offering a 30 day mbg, even if items are used. IW offer fourteen days and to be honest I've never needed 30 days to decide, so their biggest selling point means nothing to me. I knew they were struggling when they didn't have a full Easiyo hour like they used to, and the p&p for Easiyo TSV was free, not now though. I have no sympathy for greedy QVC to be honest, they've got things in clearance with a pound or two knocked off gathering dust, even their "feature prices" only have about a pound or two reduction, so with that and the fact they won't adapt, that's their downfall right there.
Oh bummer I wish I knew about this £1 next day collection from Asda when I ordered Zhuzh this month, by the time I got the delivery the weather turned around. This would be £1 very well spent.

It seems they have been having ever more returns in the last year. I was monitoring the reviews of the ones I was interested in, and there are lots of returns on those, namely Laura Geller four last TSVs, recent Alpha H TSV, Mally TSV, Balance and Glow product of the month, Bodi Tec TSV, Ultrasun with tan activator – all poor reviews and saying ‘I’m returning it’.

By the way, beware of the recent Ultrasun purchases, people are saying they burnt, starting from the Tan Activating TSV, and also the TSV after this one, someone was using Sports SPF20 for ages so got the one TSV 4 June 2017 with the Sports SPF20 and her and her husband both burnt in the sun.

Ultrasun Tan Activate & Protect 4 Piece Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/Ultrasun-Tan-Activate-&-Protect-4-Piece-Collection.product.232874.html?sc=SRCH

" This is the first time I have burnt for many many years. It didn't seem to give my husband and I any protection. Certainly not a product to apply once a day and we did not go swimming. "

Ultrasun 3 Piece Essential Sun Protection Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/Ultrasun-3-Pie...ection-Collection.product.229570.html?sc=SRCH

" Have always used ultrasun 20 sport for our holidays and we have never had a problem. However, this time both my husband and I burnt. This was a shock as the 20 sport was a brand new purchase. Also, we went on a tour the last day of our holiday and I wore a White fine cotton blouse. On returning home I unpacked the blouse and noticed that where the cotton top was in contact with the skin treated with ultrasun the cotton was discoloured with a nasty yellowish hue. So my advice is do not wear anything white next to the skin. "

It depends on what you define as struggling.

I think people on here talk as if they are going out of business next week. (I think it's wishful thinking really)

Q are probably still making money hand over fist, taking advantage of the laziness of people with more money than sense.

I'd say they are creatively bankrupt, but not monetarily.

I think people on here talk as if they are going out of business next week. (I think it's wishful thinking really)

Q are probably still making money hand over fist, taking advantage of the laziness of people with more money than sense.

I agree that they are not going out of business any time soon but I do think they are seeing a decline and it might explain some of the changes they are making, which could be seen as desperation, as well as things like the survey on the online forum they emailed Vienna about. We might be a load of old cynics and have a skewed view on here but it's rare QVC boast of the tens or hundreds of thousands of TSVs they've sold by mid-afternoon and there are fewer sell-outs. Maybe they are buying in more, who knows, though? You are right about them getting their profits from some very gullible people but could things be changing there as well? I'm not a regular visitor to the Facebook page but I think it's pretty obvious the mood on there has changed no end in the past year or so.

I define struggling as letting staff go, and introducing gimmicks like money off codes, something they've never done in 24 years, and to be honest, I really don't give a toss if they go out of business tomorrow or last another 24 years. Yes they do make money hand over fist because they're bringing more and more Highstreet brands in and charging more for them and people still buy instead of checking the website first, and that's before you factor in the p&p. QVC got money from me for the first twenty years, then I came to my senses, so wether they stay or go it won't effect my life in the slightest. Imagine all those expenses they need to pay for, before they even make a profit, someone has to pay for them and I can guarantee it won't be coming out of QVCs pocket. The truth of the matter is, other retailers are evolving, and QVC aren't.

I rarely watch a full hour these days, mainly because of the awful presenters, usually on shows I wanted to watch. Jill Franks, Katy Pullinger (can't stand her voice) Debbie Flint, Miceal and Biaggi.
Also the fact that they now stand up behind that counter thing all the time, Yankee hours used to have a nice relaxed feel when they sat in armchairs, not any more.

A complete overhaul is required, and the sooner the better.

I`d agree bankruptcy or closure is far from happening but I do think they`re struggling to retain customers and hence the email asking for suggestions for loyalty schemes etc. They`ll always have their die hard followers who will shop with them come what may and they`ll continue to attract new customers but I think getting people to stay with them is the main problem area.
Their overheads must be massive and nowadays money is tight for many people and lots of their customers will be internet savvy unlike the "old" days. One off sales to new customers help Q in the short term but they want those people to come back time after time and I daresay in many cases that`s not happening.
They really need a total revamp, everything from the brands they sell, the prices they charge, the staff they employ, the p and p, the website and so on and so on. A loyalty scheme will not be the quick fix they may be hoping for and asking certain customers to be brand ambassadors or involving the few not the many in some kind of event will only cause them more trouble in the long term and cause even more unhappy customers and a divisive facebook page.
Whilst they continue to be in profit they really need to go back to the drawing board, really listen to what customers want and start from the ground upwards because otherwise one day, even if it`s a long way off, they won`t be in profit and then the hatchet will fall.

If you are offering A £10 discount when you buy over £100 then it's generally not a good sign!

When I worked in Marketing YOU only gave Special Discounts when you were not hitting your Targets and Struggling! :mysmilie_59:

Whilst a small business might be prepared to weather the storm of poor years big companies and their shareholders will not do so - increased profits year on year otherwise they look elsewhere to invest.

Think of all the times you hear of the big names who have "only" made 150 million and COE's get shafted and they get a makeover in an effort to revive the poor performance. More more more is the name of the game, static isn't good and a reduction is toxic

What bugs me is that all the lovely brands we did have are still on Q US.

If you are offering A £10 discount when you buy over £100 then it's generally not a good sign!

When I worked in Marketing YOU only gave Special Discounts when you were not hitting your Targets and Struggling! :mysmilie_59:

Yeah but lets face it £100 is a lot of money to spend on Beauty products, especially when the Electrics don't come into it. Also I know there is a High Street catalogue shop that does these types of offers, but I don't think that is because they are necessarily struggling, more so to attract people into the shop, I must admit I have 'used' this offer a couple of times, also of course with the High Street offer it is on any items and not just tied into one particular department.

Latest posts

Back