Honey Anybody?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Right I'm fully aware her granddaughter is Honey Bee.

But Ali K was just talking of spending £9.00 on a jar of honey.

I must be behind the times and not spending enough at the till.

:mysmilie_13:

I can definitely believe it. Some of the "speciality' honeys are easily that - you can pay over £20 for a jar of Manuka Honey in Holland & Barrett. Coincidentally, Manuka is the next grandchild's proposed name.

Around here local honey is now about £4 a jar.

There is a real problem with honey bee populations here in the UK, and with the exchange rate it's getting more expensive to import honey as well.

I still think it is possible to get good quality honey for less than QVC charge.

It always amazes me when presenters mention their spending/lifestyle habits as they must be aware that many people watching will be nowhere near their spending power.Of course its every ones choice to spend their own money as they wish but isn't it best not to broadcast this?
Is Honey Bee the child's 'real' name or something (hopefully) they call her in the family?

Look on Ebay and there is 1.5 kg tubs of organic honey for around £12 to £13

Isn't it Manuka honey from NZ that costs £9- at least - a jar. I never buy honey but a friend told me I should try a teaspoon of that a day. So next time I was in Waitrose I went to buy it..... and changed my mind! That is nearly two bottles of red you know!

Manuka honey comes in different strengths and is supposedly a medicinal honey and has been used with a degree of success in treating leg ulcers when applied directly to the wound. In fact I think there are now manuka honey dressings for such purposes.
All honey has a natural antibiotic/antiseptic in it and that`s why it`s recommended for things such as sore throats and coughs. Manuka honey is advertised as having umpteen benefits above other honeys and I worked with someone who used to be plagued with mouth ulcers so every day she`d put a teaspoon of manuka honey onto her tongue, allow it to dissolve and swish it around her mouth before swallowing it. She swore blind it healed her mouth ulcers and stopped her from getting more.
I take honey everyday but I don`t buy particularly expensive ones and when my son was in Afghanistan and was suffering with stomach problems caused by the heat, food and water whilst out in the field, the Army doctor told him to drink nothing but boiled black tea with honey in it to ease it and it worked. To this day it`s all he`ll drink.

It always amazes me when presenters mention their spending/lifestyle habits as they must be aware that many people watching will be nowhere near their spending power.Of course its every ones choice to spend their own money as they wish but isn't it best not to broadcast this?
Is Honey Bee the child's 'real' name or something (hopefully) they call her in the family?

No that is the child's official name. Alison kept on about it before she was even born.

Speciality honey as with anything else I understand, and could vastly exceed the price mentioned, so I took it as bog standard honey.

Their spending/lifestyle couldn't agree more I'm so surprised they aren't informed to curtail it at times.

When last week a fashion guest admitted as not a problem spending £100.00 a week on beauty with Q.
Sad really when many families in the UK are having to manage on far less for food each week.

:sad:

I feel sorry for that child being called "Honey Bea" imagine the stick she'll get going through school because let's face it, in LA names like that are probably the norm for Hollywood A listers, but less common for the daughter of a minus Z list shopping telly presenter in Chiswick.

I think her name is Honey Beatrice so she could always use Beatrice if she prefers that.

Lucy being in primary teaching I guess she's seen a fair few little girls names.
Wonder what her daughter will get named in secondary.

I'm not surprised about the prices of honey, but be careful about Manuka. They bash on about the health benefits but they never mention that you need to be careful with these if you have medical problems. I used Manuka for a while after it was recommended and I became really ill. It turned out that it increases something called your Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate which is what caused the problem. I came off the honey and felt a lot better.

And I do wish they'd stop basing everything they do and sell around holidays - this is great for your suitcase, sitting by the pool, going to the beach bar for the next drink etc. Do they forget that most people spend their days in offices and shops, working? We can't all be off on "hols" every other week.

Right I'm fully aware her granddaughter is Honey Bee.

But Ali K was just talking of spending £9.00 on a jar of honey.

I must be behind the times and not spending enough at the till.

:mysmilie_13:

I know this is slightly 'off-topic' but I find that Populous that SBC sell and the guest presenter makes great pains in saying that it is hard to harvest, is cruel and unecessary farming. Yes it may have good protective qualities etc, but this is for the Bees, not humans surely, it is from the bees point of view stripping away their defences. I am not usually a 'greeny beeny' and I 'love' bees as much as the next person (touch of sarcasm there), but for some reason the way that SBC promotes this I find for some reason really cruel. I am not a Vegetarian, I don't even like honey, but when she first started to explain the gel, I did a quick 'google', and found all these 'horror' stories with regards to the Beauty industry harvesting this, it made me think that this is possibly one of the reasons why Honey is down and prices are going up!

Latest posts

Back