Grace Fashion Collection TSV 24/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just had a look and yes, the trousers as you say. Hideous. She was also extolling the delights of a shapeless top at the time. Words fail me once more.

When you actually listen to the nonsense that 'stylists' spout, then you realise that any one of us could do that job. All they do is describe the pattern, and 'pick out the colours', continually stroke the garment, say 'attention to detail' and 'dress up or down' as many times as possible, and hey ! we're a stylist !

I don't wish to sound 'snobby' (but I will), but why - apart from Carla and Leslie, do the younger 'stylists' have a problem with articulation, they all have a 'mockney' accent, (glottal stops et al), and wouldn't know the word 'class' or 'chic' if it bit them on the bum.

Grace Tulip Hem Tunic with Open Sleeve Detail
Item Number: 168577
QVC Price £35.00
Todays Special Value Price £23.98
P&P £3.95

This 3/4 length sleeved tunic top is only available at QVC and features a rounded V- neckline, tulip-shaped hemline, and slits at the shoulders for a twist on the cold-shoulder trend. Proudly made in the UK, you can wear this Grace tunic in a multitude of ways, all of the stylish colour options are made for both casual days and smarter occasions.

Style your newest piece - offset the flowing shape of the top with a pair of jeggings and some embellished flats for a casual look. If you'd like to dress it up for an evening out, we would recommend adding fitted black trousers, heels and a sparkly pendant necklace.

95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Black
Navy
Nude

Garment measurements:

Chest: 8: 82cm (32.3"), 10: 87cm (34.3"), 12: 92cm (36.2"), 14: 97cm (38.2"), 16: 102cm (40.2"), 18: 107cm (42.1), 20: 114cm (44.9"), 22: 119cm (46.9"), 24: 124cm (48.8"), 26: 129cm (50.8"), 28: 134cm (52.8"), 30: 139cm (54.7"), 32: 144cm (56.7")
Length: 8-12: 79.5cm (31.3"), 14-18: 81cm (31.9"), 20-24: 82.5cm (32.5"), 26-28: 84" (33.1"), 30-32: 85cm (33.5")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.168577

Oooo, that style doesn't look very flattering - looks quite frumpy in those pictures ☹️
Price is good though

Last edited:
Goodness me if that's the best of Q fashion.
Looks like a maternity smock, that was years ago.

I am so happy to read these comments, as I was beginning to think I was the only person watching Q's style shows and thinking to myself 'you should have style, if you present it' sorry I agree ladies, they need a darned good stylist - we should all volunteer!!:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_50::mysmilie_8:

DF just been on modelling the navy there seemed no loose draping at all around the front.

i want the nude one..its a take on the cold elbow i am in not a bad price pity about the postage

Take a close look at the pictures above. Particularly the rear view. This model is slim, and yet its pulling across the bum, so its not well designed. As for the tulip hem, and split arm (which I would want to sew up), didn't Nina Leonard do something similar in the tulip hem a while back ?

A TSV with only 3 colours ???? black, navy and nude ? stereotyping big girls - believing they just want dark colours to hide their size. What rubbish. Its clearly jersey poly, so as the fabric is cheap as chips, they could do every colour in the rainbow and not feel the pinch.

And has anyone read the blurb above ? " dressing up for an evening out, we would recommend adding fitted black trousers, heels and a sparkly pendant necklace." WOWEEEE never thought of that !!

Take a close look at the pictures above. Particularly the rear view. This model is slim, and yet its pulling across the bum, so its not well designed. As for the tulip hem, and split arm (which I would want to sew up), didn't Nina Leonard do something similar in the tulip hem a while back ?

A TSV with only 3 colours ???? black, navy and nude ? stereotyping big girls - believing they just want dark colours to hide their size. What rubbish. Its clearly jersey poly, so as the fabric is cheap as chips, they could do every colour in the rainbow and not feel the pinch.

And has anyone read the blurb above ? " dressing up for an evening out, we would recommend adding fitted black trousers, heels and a sparkly pendant necklace." WOWEEEE never thought of that !!

Can hear it loud and clear my mother years ago, "pull that top down at the back its sitting up on your bottom, give it a tug down, its ruckled up again"

When you actually listen to the nonsense that 'stylists' spout, then you realise that any one of us could do that job. All they do is describe the pattern, and 'pick out the colours', continually stroke the garment, say 'attention to detail' and 'dress up or down' as many times as possible, and hey ! we're a stylist !

I don't wish to sound 'snobby' (but I will), but why - apart from Carla and Leslie, do the younger 'stylists' have a problem with articulation, they all have a 'mockney' accent, (glottal stops et al), and wouldn't know the word 'class' or 'chic' if it bit them on the bum.

As my dear mother would say - if you have the nerve, you can get away with almost anything :mysmilie_17:

The Bland ambassador might be the nicest lady in the world but I'm sorry to say 10minutes and I've had enough of her.
I have to agree, she seems a tad sugary sweet. She reminds me of the Links of London ambassador, A bit too precise in her delivery to come across as natural.

I'm beginning to wonder about the shoes/sandals that the models wear. The same ones keep appearing but with different models in them - I can just imagine them lined up in the corridor waiting for the next shift to appear. Ugh !

My thoughts exactly. They've scrimped the back so they could use more fabric in the front.

I usually flick on the repeat hour to see what the TSV offer is & this one was flicked off again quicker than most.I am not a fan of any 'fashion' from QVC but this one is near the bottom of the pile.Of course we all have different taste but these garments chopped up with different prints & bits of (very cheap) stretchy lace, and garish colours? DF looks a sight in those leggings (& I am not skinny thin) & the guest 'all black' --not good.Add to this mix ups on Colour names & sizes & this adds to unwatchable TV.

Wasn't this brand originally "Grace & Co" ?..........oh I don't know, I could be getting confused, there's that many "& Cos" at QVC you kind of lose track. :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back