Festive Food TSV 25/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is there something seriously wrong with me??????????? I have never (and would never) order food from Q, no matter the time of year.

No there's absolutely nothing wrong with you, I never would either. I don't find it particularly appealing paying for another two months and thirty days for four handfuls of popcorn you'd eat in the first half an hour, and goodness knows how long they've been sitting there on the shelf for, and I certainly wouldn't pay QVC £5.95 p&p for something that comes direct from the company who send it out for free.

Dear God, 'collector' tins ! how long before we see the Franklin Mint on qvc ???? y'know the stuff that clutter people collect and ends up in the charity shops.

I couldn't believe the price of those mince pies - with p & p it was £25 for 10 - £2.50 EACH !!!!!! home baked are far nicer than any shop bought ones.

(Incidentally ladies, did any of you make the oaty biscuits I gave you the recipe for a few weeks ago ??)

There was a time though, wasn't there, when people loved to get a good biscuit tin for future use once biscuits had been eaten. I can remember my late mother being one of them! And if you went anywhere for tea, they often brought stuff out in a biscuit tin. Or they became button tins etc.. It was just a thing. But I suppose now Tupperware etc has removed the necessity to keep them unless they are really pretty.

Saw a bit of the Crapmus in July launch last night. The nice woman who flogs the brownies was on telling us that her fresh brownies are made to order and have a shelf life of 10 days..... Remind me, again, when Christmas actually is. Avoid the rush and chomp on your stale and mouldy morsels, folks.

Saw a bit of the Crapmus in July launch last night. The nice woman who flogs the brownies was on telling us that her fresh brownies are made to order and have a shelf life of 10 days..... Remind me, again, when Christmas actually is. Avoid the rush and chomp on your stale and mouldy morsels, folks.

Indeed and how can 'fresh' brownies have a shelf life of 10 days as well???

Last year Home Bargains were selling fancy tins of biscuits which were almost identical to the ones being sold on Q. I looked on the back of the tin to see who made them but all it said was made in the UK especially for Home Bargains. I actually wondered if Churchills made them because I know other brands on Q such as Beechs sell stuff in lots of different outlets. Anyway keep an eye open for Home Bargains selling similar this year, the tins were pretty and they were under a fiver per tin.

Last year Home Bargains were selling fancy tins of biscuits which were almost identical to the ones being sold on Q. I looked on the back of the tin to see who made them but all it said was made in the UK especially for Home Bargains. I actually wondered if Churchills made them because I know other brands on Q such as Beechs sell stuff in lots of different outlets. Anyway keep an eye open for Home Bargains selling similar this year, the tins were pretty and they were under a fiver per tin.

They sell Beech's chocolates in Lakeland and some of the various chutneys they selling QVC are sold in there too.

I have to say I thought some of the chutneys on Q last year sounded gorgeous, but I don't buy food from them! So I did a detailed check of the Waitrose shelves but couldn't find anything as tempting. I have never thought of Lakeland so shall have to have a look when I am near one of their shops. Thanks for the tip.

QVC used to sell Mrs Bridges specialty jams and chutneys a few years ago,they also sell them at Boundry Mill, online and other retail outlets where my son and his wife buy them.

I have to say I thought some of the chutneys on Q last year sounded gorgeous, but I don't buy food from them! So I did a detailed check of the Waitrose shelves but couldn't find anything as tempting. I have never thought of Lakeland so shall have to have a look when I am near one of their shops. Thanks for the tip.
They stock the Cottage Delights range all year but nearer Christmas they stock many different ranges of really delicious sounding chutneys. John Lewis also stock the Cottage Delights range at Christmas time.

The Original Cake Company man seems a very amiable chap. 12 cakes for £25 plus postage doesn't seem to bad to me but I won't be buying. Has anyone had their stuff?

The Original Cake Company man seems a very amiable chap. 12 cakes for £25 plus postage doesn't seem to bad to me but I won't be buying. Has anyone had their stuff?

Each cake is 130 grams which in old school speak is just over 4 ounces apiece and at £25 plus another fiver p and p, making £30 in total seems an awful lot of money for very little cake.

Latest posts

Back