Beeswax/Vaseline Free Lip Balm & Lipstick

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Can anyone recommend some good Beeswax/Vaseline Free Lip Balms and Lipsticks brands please? I've developed burning and peeling lips over recent months and, after some research, think I now might have an allergy to both ingredients which is a bummer but the feeling is so uncomfortable.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Thanks. I have already googled it but wondered if anyone had some personal experience of a particular brand. I did come across a company called Green People and they have something very similar to the one you've suggested.

I hope you find one that's suitable, it's horrible having dry and sore lips.

I hope you find one that's suitable, it's horrible having dry and sore lips.

Thank you. I've never had this problem of a burning sensation before but think I've made it worse by applying lip balm more regularly than usual. I've been trying different ones but always preferred Neutrogena which definitely helped with chapped lips and even that's not easing the discomfort. Wish I could blame it on too much passionate kissing but no chance!! :wink:

Thank you. I've never had this problem of a burning sensation before but think I've made it worse by applying lip balm more regularly than usual. I've been trying different ones but always preferred Neutrogena which definitely helped with chapped lips and even that's not easing the discomfort. Wish I could blame it on too much passionate kissing but no chance!! :wink:

:mysmilie_17: Maybe your local chemist might be able suggest something......not about passionate kissing you understand but about the discomfort you're going through, it's worth a go, and if passionate kissing comes your way, refrain for now. :mysmilie_17:

Go and see your doctor. Seems to me the wrong time of the year to have chapped lips

Go and see your doctor. Seems to me the wrong time of the year to have chapped lips

That's the strange thing....my lips definitely don't feel chapped as in cold weather, it's more of a burning sensation and when I've googled the symptom it indicates an allergy has possibly developed to beeswax, vaseline and suchlike which is why I wanted to try a 100% natural lip balm/lipstick first if possible.

Not really, your lips can become dry in the hot/warm/humid weather just as much, if not more so, than the cold. Lips are like leather, if you don't keep them supple, they can crack and become uncomfortable regardless of the season.

Not really, your lips can become dry in the hot/warm/humid weather just as much, if not more so, than the cold. Lips are like leather, if you don't keep them supple, they can crack and become uncomfortable regardless of the season.

Totally agree which is why I apply lip balm EVERY day of the year!

My chemist sold me a balm with camphor in it which made my problem so much worse. Turns out I wasn't rinsing toothpaste off my lips after my dentist had rec'd not rinsing after brushing.

My doctor rec'd aqueous cream which worked but I tried a dab of Boots Baby zinc & castor oil cream just on the lip margin and my lips have been great since. It only has 4 ingredients and I use it for absolutely everything (OH pinched it for his piles so he got to keep that tub!). One of the ingredients is beeswax but it hasn't irritated the skin of anyone I've given a tub to and it seems to work on any skin woe. One of the ingredients is peanut oil, but I'm lucky that I don't know anyone with a nut allergy.

Latest posts

Back