Clintons - up to 50% off sale on Yankee Candle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was a Poster up in my local Clinton's window today. I didn't have chance to look as I was dashing for my bus home after work. I will have a scan tomorrow.

In my local Clinton's, the sign in the window says 50% off end-of-season or end-of-line Yankees and 25% off everything else. They were just closing when I passed last night so I haven't had a browse yet. I'll pop over today.

I had a quick look online and it looks like many of the recent seasonal fragrances. As I've not been wowed by most, fortunately I'm not tempted. I did, however succumb to to nice candles in Aldi. Think they were brought out for mother's day. Classy looking and fragrances of the Jo Malone type. £3.99 each. I bought No. 1 which is lime, basil and mandarins; No. 2 = blackberry bay. There is also No. 3 pomegranate noir, which I didn't like. They are medium tumbler size 2-wick with a silver like. They look elegant as a display item even if you don't want to light them. Classy bargain! :mysmilie_59:

Can I just add, looking at Aldi's website, they have dupes of some of the YC coastal walks scents for £1.99. You may have to ask in store.

I went in Clinton's here but sadly, they didn't have any candles with 50% off and 25% is not enough for me these days, especially as there was nothing I either want to stock up on or to try.

On the website, they've got that Tobacco Flower. Any views on that one? On air they compared it to the Star Anise which was out end of 2016.

I've got Tobacco Flower and have just done a cold sniff for you.... through the hay fever! It is a floral but warm rather than pretty and there is a scent of star anise to me. I like it, it's rather deep. I haven't burnt it mind.

I just burnt My Serenity which was lovely with a terrific throw which thankfully drowned out Lemongrass and Ginger which was a bit acidic IMHO. I and am now on Market Blossoms and Peony, which are lovely and MB is really strong too.

:mysmilie_59:

I've got Tobacco Flower and have just done a cold sniff for you.... through the hay fever! It is a floral but warm rather than pretty and there is a scent of star anise to me. I like it, it's rather deep. I haven't burnt it mind.

I just burnt My Serenity which was lovely with a terrific throw which thankfully drowned out Lemongrass and Ginger which was a bit acidic IMHO. I and am now on Market Blossoms and Peony, which are lovely and MB is really strong too.

Oh I love Market Blossoms - that first drop of last year's TSV was one of my faves as I also loved Bakery Air and Catching Rays

I'm still trying to be strong and not buy any more candles...I'm getting my candle jollies from this forum :D

So nice of you to post this and very interesting. I'm liking the sound of Tobacco Flower. I did like the Star Anise last year. Hmmm, what to do ...?

Now you're talking about others I've liked the past couple of years. I have a couple of My Serenity jars as well as tealights, etc - lovely soft, sweet smell. I actually love and own jars of Lemongrass & Ginger and Peony too. I never used to be keen on florals so wasn't crazy about Market Blossoms cold and put it on eBay but sort of regret it now ... not that my stockpile is likely to run out this side of 2025!

Thanks re Tobacco Flower, anyway. I'll ponder. Hope it hasn't made your hay fever worse! I take it burning candles doesn't exacerbate it?

Oh I love Market Blossoms - that first drop of last year's TSV was one of my faves as I also loved Bakery Air and Catching Rays

I'm still trying to be strong and not buy any more candles...I'm getting my candle jollies from this forum :D

Very virtuous, Tarketta. As I've said before, even though I've resisted buying most Yankee TSVs and offers on QVC the past six months or more, I do love reading all the details and reviews on here. Nothing beats the fun of buying and receiving the candles myself but reading about them feeds my hunger!

Very virtuous, Tarketta. As I've said before, even though I've resisted buying most Yankee TSVs and offers on QVC the past six months or more, I do love reading all the details and reviews on here. Nothing beats the fun of buying and receiving the candles myself but reading about them feeds my hunger!

Me too, I actually get excited when I see a new post on one of the YC threads - I just can't justify buying any more when I have a cupboard bulging with candles and melt cups, although I may relent as I really want that trio with Champaca!

Me too, I actually get excited when I see a new post on one of the YC threads - I just can't justify buying any more when I have a cupboard bulging with candles and melt cups, although I may relent as I really want that trio with Champaca!

Is that the trio with Coconut Beach and Tahitian something? I had my eye on that too. It's the Tahitian one I wasn't sure about. But I've got to keep reminding myself enough is enough. Oh to have less than a dozen candles to finish so I could enjoy selecting new ones!

Is that the trio with Coconut Beach and Tahitian something? I had my eye on that too. It's the Tahitian one I wasn't sure about. But I've got to keep reminding myself enough is enough. Oh to have less than a dozen candles to finish so I could enjoy selecting new ones!

Yes I feel the same, it sounded a bit wishy washy for my liking...so maybe that's my cue to keep resisting as Champaca can still be bought elsewhere

I know what you mean, I haven't had the opportunity to crack open a new candle for ages - in this warm weather, I can't bear the added heat of a burning candle and I've already got about 15 on the go and no more room in the 'ongoing' cupboard :mysmilie_17:

Yes I feel the same, it sounded a bit wishy washy for my liking...so maybe that's my cue to keep resisting as Champaca can still be bought elsewhere

I know what you mean, I haven't had the opportunity to crack open a new candle for ages - in this warm weather, I can't bear the added heat of a burning candle and I've already got about 15 on the go and no more room in the 'ongoing' cupboard :mysmilie_17:

Good description of Tahitian Nights, or how it sounded. I have enough non-descript candles, no matter how "pleasant".

And I'm exactly the same with burning habits! I'm also out of sync seasonally speaking but I have too many I want to use up before I start fresh ones. Currently trying to use up one called Christmas on the Beach (Village Candles large jar). It's a lovely burn because it's got two wicks but it seems to be going on and on and on. It's a pineapple/coconut scent so it's summery at least and I put it in a jar holder so you can't see the Christmas label. I may have to put them aside till September after all as I'm dying to get onto a fresh, green, outdoorsy, or light floral one. At least some evenings I'm burning a lemongrass one and Sea Salt & Sage, which are refreshing.

Good description of Tahitian Nights, or how it sounded. I have enough non-descript candles, no matter how "pleasant".

And I'm exactly the same with burning habits! I'm also out of sync seasonally speaking but I have too many I want to use up before I start fresh ones. Currently trying to use up one called Christmas on the Beach (Village Candles large jar). It's a lovely burn because it's got two wicks but it seems to be going on and on and on. It's a pineapple/coconut scent so it's summery at least and I put it in a jar holder so you can't see the Christmas label. I may have to put them aside till September after all as I'm dying to get onto a fresh, green, outdoorsy, or light floral one. At least some evenings I'm burning a lemongrass one and Sea Salt & Sage, which are refreshing.

Exactly, exactly - I generally like a good hit from a candle and nondescript just isn't my bag, baby ;) that Christmas candle sounds lush and as you say, summery enough to burn now but like you, I'm desperate for a fresh scent as all my 'ongoing' ones are more foodie/floral scents. I do have a WJ Eucalyptus one which I'm rationing and get that out every now and again to give me the fresh hit I so badly need. The California Redwood one is sometimes welcome, although like Summer Storm, another wishy washy scent that doesn't have the oomph I usually prefer.

Hmmm that reminds me I've got a Sandy Bay Citrus Twist hurricane candle (uber fresh) that needs finishing off - not sure if anyone else has had them before, but it smokes something rotten despite my best efforts.

Exactly, exactly - I generally like a good hit from a candle and nondescript just isn't my bag, baby ;) that Christmas candle sounds lush and as you say, summery enough to burn now but like you, I'm desperate for a fresh scent as all my 'ongoing' ones are more foodie/floral scents. I do have a WJ Eucalyptus one which I'm rationing and get that out every now and again to give me the fresh hit I so badly need. The California Redwood one is sometimes welcome, although like Summer Storm, another wishy washy scent that doesn't have the oomph I usually prefer.

Hmmm that reminds me I've got a Sandy Bay Citrus Twist hurricane candle (uber fresh) that needs finishing off - not sure if anyone else has had them before, but it smokes something rotten despite my best efforts.

We could be the same person (poor you!).

Sadly, I've found many of the WJs to be non-descript, while others have been fantastic. I do like the size and style of WJs so I'm always disappointed when they are weak or bland.

I've never tried a Sandy Bay candle - your experience would put me off now. I hate it when they smoke.

Latest posts

Back