Clintons - up to 50% off sale on Yankee Candle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine have arrived, very quickly too I think. I went to Waitrose early so as not to miss them but he was even earlier so luckily my neighbour took them in (so it was just as well I took in two for her yesterday, lol). I have cold sniffed. Jamaican Rum Punch, we have had this before. Not just fruit but a dash of sherbert it seems to me, quite a tangy or spices top note going on. Danish Butter Cookie. A beautiful cream colour and if they were in a packet I would eat the lot. No cakey vanilla, thank God, but butterscotch and perhaps a dash of almond. Very nice. Himalayan Air. Not ozone IMO. Very crisp with a sharp (citrus?) tang like a man's cologne. Lovely. I must put them away as at this rate I will just get high sniffing them all day and doing no work!

Mine have arrived, very quickly too I think. I went to Waitrose early so as not to miss them but he was even earlier so luckily my neighbour took them in (so it was just as well I took in two for her yesterday, lol). I have cold sniffed. Jamaican Rum Punch, we have had this before. Not just fruit but a dash of sherbert it seems to me, quite a tangy or spices top note going on. Danish Butter Cookie. A beautiful cream colour and if they were in a packet I would eat the lot. No cakey vanilla, thank God, but butterscotch and perhaps a dash of almond. Very nice. Himalayan Air. Not ozone IMO. Very crisp with a sharp (citrus?) tang like a man's cologne. Lovely. I must put them away as at this rate I will just get high sniffing them all day and doing no work!

Ooooh I'm even more thrilled to be getting mine later - glad to hear my memory of Himalayan Air served me well, sounds like it's still as lovely as it was before. I love those kinds of foodie smells, but just checking Mazza, no cinnamon in the Butter Cookie one, right? LOVE the sound of the sherbet note in the Rum Punch one, is it that kind of Refreshers sherbet smell or more lemony? I know I'll be able to smell them for myself later, but the anticipation is too great!

Correct, it is a cinnamon free zone!

Now I have no exact idea of what a refresher sherbert smell is like, but I am going to say it is not lemony and more general confectionary!

AndiK I looked in Clintons window and saw the two pillars! Originally£34, down to £17 so you did brilliantly to get one for a fiver! I didn't go in the shop, lol.

:mysmilie_59:

Great WJ descriptions, Mazza. I have a jar of Jamaica Rum Punch from last time round and have part burnt it. Definitely agree about the sherbet smell - I saw it as maybe lemonade in the punch - definitely "fizzy". Very nice to my nose, anyway. I also have a Wax Addicts crumb pot (for melt warmers) in Danish Butter Cookie, which I haven't used and agree with your description. No, definitely no cinnamon, Tarketta. I wouldn't like it if it had cinnamon. It's more butterscotchy and nutty. Also, the Himalayan Air sounds like one of the fresh ones I'd like.

Do I wish I'd bought them? Yes! Am I proud of my resolve? Yes also but I don't blame you one bit and hope you both enjoy them no end.

Now I have no exact idea of what a refresher sherbert smell is like, but I am going to say it is not lemony and more general confectionary!

Just seen this and agree the sherbet is a neutral sherbet, just a sugary and fizzy smell, maybe like the stuff in Sherbet Fountains?

Thank goodness, would have been devastated to have found cinnamon in that!

Ah sorry, I should have been more clear, smells like the taste of refreshers, i.e. more of a generic fruity, fizzy smell than lemon. Sounds just delightful, can't wait to sniff em when I get home.

So I am now in possession of the WJ trio and very pleased indeed. Himalayan Air is as fresh and clean as I remember it (hopefully it will still burn the same) and Danish Butter Cookie is heavenly, creamy goodness and not a hint of cinnamon as both of you assured me, just gorgeous. My least favourite out of the three is the Jamaican Rum Punch - totally agree re both your takes on it, but to me it smells like a complete dupe of New Zealand Wild Berry - a nice smelling candle but nowt special.

I'm currently burning a USA special, a triple layered confection with Pink Sands, Sun n Sand and Catching Rays, bliss.

Can I just add, looking at Aldi's website, they have dupes of some of the YC coastal walks scents for £1.99. You may have to ask in store.

Although I saw this post at the time, MML, I have only just seen the pictures of these Aldi dupes. Had to laugh - even the colours and names are similar so a blatant rip-off by Aldi and good on them, with those prices!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-3-...820615?hash=item238925f187:g:pnsAAOSwRXRZT7sk

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/3787...les-for-1-99-each-but-youll-need-to-be-quick/

Has anyone tried them? I wonder how they burn and what the throw is like, etc??

Hi don't know if this will help anyone who missed the deals above etc - may start a thread if up to it later - but just spotted on Amazon that they have an "up to 35% off Yankee large jars" deal on... They often have loads at about £15 as lots of places but a few better ones here:

These four at £12.51-£12.99:

Wedding Day
Midsummer's Night
Black coconut
Vanilla Lime

All £13.47-£13.99:

Cinnamon Stick,
Fresh cut roses
Lemongrass and ginger
Aloe water
Mango Peach salsa
Black cherry
Clean cotton
Baby powder
Fluffy towels
Vanilla cupcake
Shea Butter

All free pandp (over £20) and on prime delivery free regardless of amount...

I'm tempted to try midsummer's night - something different from the midnight jasmine and white gardenia types I tend to go for! X

Latest posts

Back