Clintons - up to 50% off sale on Yankee Candle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Generically ozoney...... my kind of candle!!!!!!!

Nearly everything in the fresh or ozone neck of the woods is fine by me though. I'm not too bothered about the Danish cookie but it will do for a Winter afternoon.

Is it just me or does the name Bed, Bath and Beyond sound like Death????? I always think of that when I hear it.

Nearly everything in the fresh or ozone neck of the woods is fine by me though. I'm not too bothered about the Danish cookie but it will do for a Winter afternoon.

Is it just me or does the name Bed, Bath and Beyond sound like Death????? I always think of that when I hear it.

Yes, some of those you like are lovely but they're not always for me and I have a number like that already. Dying to hear what you and Tarketta think ... even if I buy myself, which is not yet ruled out.

I've never heard of BB&B but it does sound a bit odd!

Me too, I haven't yet encountered a 'Fresh' one I didn't like :) although one of my BB&B purchases was Siberian Fir which my Mum said smelled like an electrical fire...she had a point :mysmilie_17:

Yes, some of those you like are lovely but they're not always for me and I have a number like that already. Dying to hear what you and Tarketta think ... even if I buy myself, which is not yet ruled out.

I've never heard of BB&B but it does sound a bit odd!

Ah sorry, it's a fantastic store in the US that pretty much stocks EVERYTHING home-related you can imagine and usually has an incredible YC section - I used to go to the US a lot as had friends there and spent many a happy hour browsing YC...although not so happy lugging em home.

I just managed to snare one of my all-time faves, Storm Watch!

Where, Clinton's? Do you know if it's like Autumn Nights? Or what could you compare it to?

I've just been looking at the large jars for £12 and free P&P over £20 spend on yankeecandle.co.uk. I didn't go for the WJs (I know!) so I feel like a teeny tiny splurge. I recognise all the £12 candles, which are mostly quite recent releases, but I don't know what many smell like so I've been googling reviews and I've been putting myself off most of them by reading. It's fun though!

Where, Clinton's? Do you know if it's like

I've just been looking at the large jars for £12 and free P&P over £20 spend on yankeecandle.co.uk. I didn't go for the WJs (I know!) so I feel like a teeny tiny splurge. I recognise all the £12 candles, which are mostly quite recent releases, but I don't know what many smell like so I've been googling reviews and I've been putting myself off most of them by reading. It's fun though!

I'm a member of a FB group which is run by a lady with a passion for YC, especially melt cups - she imports them from the US and then sells them on to the group here in the UK (all legal!) but she sometimes gets her paws on US special housewarmer candles. That's where I got the Evening Air from as well - they end up being more expensive than if you bought a large jar candle here in the UK, but I never saw that one for sale here in the UK so it's worth the extra cost to get my paws on old faves.

Storm Watch to me smells like a rich woody, musky, ozone with delicate florals, it's just lush and I hope this one doesn't disapppoint!

I'll have to take a look at the YC UK website as that does sound like a fantastic deal (oh and huge kudos to you for not cracking and buying the WJ trio, that takes some willpower, I'm seriously impressed!)

Edited to add: the YC UK site is down for maintenance, curses!!!!

I'm a member of a FB group which is run by a lady with a passion for YC, especially melt cups - she imports them from the US and then sells them on to the group here in the UK (all legal!) but she sometimes gets her paws on US special housewarmer candles. That's where I got the Evening Air from as well - they end up being more expensive than if you bought a large jar candle here in the UK, but I never saw that one for sale here in the UK so it's worth the extra cost to get my paws on old faves.

Storm Watch to me smells like a rich woody, musky, ozone with delicate florals, it's just lush and I hope this one doesn't disapppoint!

I'll have to take a look at the YC UK website as that does sound like a fantastic deal (oh and huge kudos to you for not cracking and buying the WJ trio, that takes some willpower, I'm seriously impressed!)

Edited to add: the YC UK site is down for maintenance, curses!!!!

Storm Watch sounds very nice indeed. Hope you enjoy it and well done.

The Yankee fan world is huge, isn't it? When I was googling all the scents like Beach Waves, Black Sand Beach and Hibiscus Water which are in the £12 sale, I came across a guy on YouTube whose channel is called The Candle Enthusiast and he produces videos every few days by the looks of things, complete with "appropriate" classical music playing and images on the screens behind him. I think he might become annoying after a while but boy does he give a lot of detail on the scents!

If you click on the link in my post at 11.26 above, you should get onto the YCUK site (sale page) with no problem??

Storm Watch sounds very nice indeed. Hope you enjoy it and well done.

The Yankee fan world is huge, isn't it? When I was googling all the scents like Beach Waves, Black Sand Beach and Hibiscus Water which are in the £12 sale, I came across a guy on YouTube whose channel is called The Candle Enthusiast and he produces videos every few days by the looks of things, complete with "appropriate" classical music playing and images on the screens behind him. I think he might become annoying after a while but boy does he give a lot of detail on the scents!

If you click on the link in my post at 11.26 above, you should get onto the YCUK site (sale page) with no problem??

Blimey now that really is a candle enthusiast, if you take the time and trouble to pick music for each scent...like you say, would probably become annoying but I applaud that level of attention to detail!

Weirdly it won't open in Chrome (maybe it assumes my IP address is a US one as it automatically goes to a holding page for the US site) but happily opens in the dreaded Internet Explorer. Either way, happily browsing candle bargains, so thank you very much for that!

Blimey now that really is a candle enthusiast, if you take the time and trouble to pick music for each scent...like you say, would probably become annoying but I applaud that level of attention to detail!

Weirdly it won't open in Chrome (maybe it assumes my IP address is a US one as it automatically goes to a holding page for the US site) but happily opens in the dreaded Internet Explorer. Either way, happily browsing candle bargains, so thank you very much for that!

Glad you could get on the site somehow. I am accessing it using Safari with no probs. At first I thought I was going to end up getting 4 or 5 candles now I'm not sure I really want even 2, bargains as they are. Wish I could get to a proper shop quick to smell them myself.

The guy on YouTube looks very normal - you'd expect someone with such a passion to be bonkers.

By the way, yesterday I burned the Tobacco Flower I got in the box of melts in Clinton's (shop). I really, really like it - a new favourite and I will look out for that in a jar for sure.

Glad you could get on the site somehow. I am accessing it using Safari with no probs. At first I thought I was going to end up getting 4 or 5 candles now I'm not sure I really want even 2, bargains as they are. Wish I could get to a proper shop quick to smell them myself.

The guy on YouTube looks very normal - you'd expect someone with such a passion to be bonkers.

Well I filled my basket with 4 candles, stepped away to browse for a vase (been hunting for the 'perfect' vase for my Peony bouquet, there's no hope for me), amazingly found it after weeks of searching, bought it and promptly closed the YC web page...MUST BE STRONG, DON'T NEED ANY MORE CANDLES

:mysmilie_512:

Well I filled my basket with 4 candles, stepped away to browse for a vase (been hunting for the 'perfect' vase for my Peony bouquet, there's no hope for me), amazingly found it after weeks of searching, bought it and promptly closed the YC web page...MUST BE STRONG, DON'T NEED ANY MORE CANDLES

:mysmilie_512:

Ha ha! I've still got the My Shopping Bag page open. I can't quite bring myself to complete the purchase! I definitely would if they had Tobacco Flower at a good price. Or if I had sniffed the actual candles before.

I can't get into the site using safari. I am not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but I shall keep looking. I doubt I shall buy.........

:mysmilie_59:

I can't get into the site using safari. I am not saying that is necessarily a bad thing but I shall keep looking. I doubt I shall buy.........

Aw, maybe it is playing up then? If it helps, the large jars at £12 are:

Black Sand Beach
Cassis
Champaca Blossom
Hibiscus Water
Honey Lavender Gelato
Island Waterfall
Linden Tree
Sea Air
Tahitian Nights
Wild Mint

The Mediterranean Breeze and Tuscan Vineyard appear to have sold out now.

Then there are a few at £16.49 which I don't consider that cheap. They also have most of the above list and a few others in melt form (90p) and votives (£1) as well as small jars for £4.50 and tea lights for £3.50.

Thanks AndiK. It says it is down for maintenance. Well I rather fancy Black Sand but I have the others except for Tahitian Nights, but I don't want that label with a writhing woman on it. So I have now talked myself down, phew! Thank you!!

Thanks AndiK. It says it is down for maintenance. Well I rather fancy Black Sand but I have the others except for Tahitian Nights, but I don't want that label with a writhing woman on it. So I have now talked myself down, phew! Thank you!!

How weird that you and Tarketta are getting that message. But at least you've been dissuaded by the list! Glad to be of service! You help me often enough.

Don't forget I want to know what you both think of the WJ trio you bought yesterday. Haven't you got another AD trio of large jars coming this month, too (Moonbeams On Pumpkins, Honeycrisp Apple Cider, Autumn Dusk)?

I can get in now so just had a look. Fancied that shoreline one and if you split the difference with black sand they are c£14 each, but am still not going for them. Talk about an addict, I have a really strong urge to buy! I shall try to get more into Wimbledon this afternoon and forget about them, and remember the number of storage bags upstairs!

I do indeed have an AD coming soon! Those ones you mention, to be followed in August by the UK ones. I shall deffo post about the WJ ones when they arrive!

I can get in now so just had a look. Fancied that shoreline one and if you split the difference with black sand they are c£14 each, but am still not going for them. Talk about an addict, I have a really strong urge to buy! I shall try to get more into Wimbledon this afternoon and forget about them, and remember the number of storage bags upstairs!

I do indeed have an AD coming soon! Those ones you mention, to be followed in August by the UK ones. I shall deffo post about the WJ ones when they arrive!

That Autumn drop looked like it would be my favourite out of this year's TSV so I shall very much look forward to your cold sniffs, Mazza

(I had Shoreline in my basket before I ditched it, the urge was very strong)

The autumn-related drop coming up is definitely the one that appealed to me, too. I'll be keen to hear what people think in case any come up individually anywhere.

Hope your WJs arrive tomorrow or Saturday too.

The autumn-related drop coming up is definitely the one that appealed to me, too. I'll be keen to hear what people think in case any come up individually anywhere.

Hope your WJs arrive tomorrow or Saturday too.

Just checked and mine should be delivered today, yippeeeeee!

Latest posts

Back