Craft is back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Craft is Back!!!

Yet something else I can't watch, nearly as boring as gardening to me.:yawn:

I'm not a crafter and find some of it boring like card making ,but I like to dip into Hochanda because of the variety and demonstrations.
I probably won't watch Qs because they tend to stick to the same items.

I'm not a crafter and find some of it boring like card making ,but I like to dip into Hochanda because of the variety and demonstrations.
I probably won't watch Qs because they tend to stick to the same items.

Not that I am being cynical in any way shape or form, but I wonder if this is because there is a relatively new craft channel with at least 3 ex Q presenters (and guest presenters) on it.

As I am not acquainted with the word 'cynical', just know how to spell 'it' IT!

I don't think Ideal Worlds well established craft channels need to worry anytime soon, because even before QVC pulled the plug on crafting in favour of "fashion" and beauty years ago, IWs selection and prices and dedicated channels were the most successful anyway, as opposed to QVCs weekly hour slot. Me personally I'd rather pop to the Card Factory and buy a card for a quid, but I know it's popular as a hobby.

Unless QVC are going for a broader range of crafts, and dedicate significant time to proper projects (from start to finish), they are wasting their time. Trying to fit crafting into the straitjacket of their standard format didn't work before and won't work now. Einstein was credited with the saying which I'm paraphrasing: "the definition of insanity - repeating the same things over and over again and expecting a different result"... And Einstein they ain't!

I know a lot of people enjoy crafting, sadly I`m not one of them but since QVC last sold craft items, things have changed such a lot. Can you imagine trying to follow a craft programme with JF shouting for everybody to jump to the phone or Ali K machine gunning the audience or DF saying how crafting lessons would go down a bomb at her retreat or her next book is about a mad crafter who killed people with her card cutter ? Somehow a peaceful hobby such as crafting doesn`t seem to fit in with QVC`s current hard selling modus operandi.
People will be complaining in their droves when the teenage just left school camera man/woman suddenly switche focus from an important moment in a craft project so they can zoom in on a presenter or worse !

It will be gone in a blink of an eye. They obviously haven't watched Hochanda because if they had they certainly wouldn't be thinking they have a chance of competing. Dawn Bibby was exasperated, IMO, with Q's hurry up attitude and can't see the same format working. Anna Griffin was mentioned in the e-m so have they poached her back?

It will be gone in a blink of an eye. They obviously haven't watched Hochanda because if they had they certainly wouldn't be thinking they have a chance of competing. Dawn Bibby was exasperated, IMO, with Q's hurry up attitude and can't see the same format working. Anna Griffin was mentioned in the e-m so have they poached her back?
qvc don't want to use up any air time. it was awful to watch. i am not a crafter anymore but would never buy or watch from qvc as its too manic. far better to watch the lovely slow paced craft channels

Cut me in half and you'll see the word 'crafter' written right through me. Not just card-making but paper-crafting in general as well as crochet and knitting. But the items listed in the email do nothing for me. They would also have to rethink the postage costs. If smaller companies can do free p&p then why can't QVC?

On Hochanda I love watching the sewing machine demos and the items they make with them. I can't see Q giving up time for anything like this .

Anna Griffin was one of TLC's stable and obviously has been thinking what to do since its demise as she had no other outlet in the UK. Unlike many of the TLC crowd she has chosen not to go to Hochanda or C&C but return to QVC- perhaps it's better the devil you know.

Anna Griffin was one of TLC's stable and obviously has been thinking what to do since its demise as she had no other outlet in the UK. Unlike many of the TLC crowd she has chosen not to go to Hochanda or C&C but return to QVC- perhaps it's better the devil you know.

Maybe they didn't want her.

My word is this what their return consist of ?
Dire is an understatement.
Rush to order knit a bobble woollen hat in July!!! :mysmilie_850::mysmilie_864::mysmilie_852:

:mysmilie_490:

Prob because she doesn't do massive bundles of die cuts she was limited as dawn Bibby doesn't do them either so give the slot to the biggest name in the U.K.

I thought she had actually signed on for the former QVC crew's venture, but maybe when that crashed and burned she was reluctant to throw her lot in with Hochanda in case the same happened again?

Latest posts

Back