Manners Charlie !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Just heard Charlie on the LR show, say he spied some wine gums and could he have one. Not a 'please' to be heard. Someone please tweet him and ask if he teaches his kids any manners, because sure as hell he doesn't appear to have any.

Bet he doesn't stop at one! He will polish off the lot if Nikki turns her back on him for long enough.

Nicki has small children, she should have said "What do we say?" or "What's the magic word?" (not abracadabra!)

Exactly Akimbo ! Even now, if anyone - be it adult or child, asks me for something without the world 'please', I refuse to give it until they say it. Generally adults are the worst. Its just pure ignorance. But then, most of the young adults on tv dramas/soaps whatever, rarely have manners, so in those scenarios the scriptwriters are to blame.

It seems he's a person been raised with a sense of entitlement ....I know a lot of people like that .."manners maketh the man"
My teacher would say ....plus my dear parents always taught us great manners ...if you can't teach your children anything else then manners is something that everybody can learn ...it is a bug bear for me I must say ..please and thank you very powerful words in my humble opinion :mysmilie_59:

A TV ad that raises my hackles is the new Subway one, where a young woman stands at the Subway counter and demands 'Salad!' pauses and then demands 'Chicken Teriaki (sp?) Salad!' Not a hint of the word PLEASE.
If she came to my counter with that attitude she would be wearing the ****** salad. :mysmilie_10:

If she came to my counter with that attitude she would be wearing the ****** salad. !

Love it ! you're my kind of gal !

The Amazon echo annoys the hell out of me, not the concept which is basically only a vocal search engine, but the barking commands. A few years of that in the home and even the nicest toddler would not know the words please and thank you exist.

Exactly Akimbo ! Even now, if anyone - be it adult or child, asks me for something without the world 'please', I refuse to give it until they say it. Generally adults are the worst. Its just pure ignorance. But then, most of the young adults on tv dramas/soaps whatever, rarely have manners, so in those scenarios the scriptwriters are to blame.

I agree adults are worse! A lady I speak to who works at Sainsbury's chased after a feela as he forgot to take his change from the self serve till....he hardly mutterd anything to her ! I said I would have been so grateful if she had done that for me ...got talking about manners etc in general and she said when she gets on the bus with her children ...it's usually the school children who offer her up a seat for her and her little girl ...and not one adult does ...:mysmilie_513:

Its rampant !

Just seen an advert for Morrissons - little lad knocked on the door and says "can I have my ball back Mr ??? " without a please or thank you. Clearly scriptwriters for adverts and dramas were dragged up with no concept of manners whatsoever. Sadly kids today watching believe this is the norm. A pox on the scriptwriters !!!

The 'problem' with Charlie, is he seems to think that he can 'get away with' most things because he is who is his. Now that may have got him to where he is now and if I hear once more how 'badly' he did at school (his words), then I will scream, he has done reasonably well for himself (he has a good job, a partner (NOT A WIFE), children, a house on his 'beloved' Isle of Wight and two Cairn Terriers', so he hasn't done bad for himself. The point is there are people out there who have degrees, good brains and are struggling to get a job, so when he keeps 'harping' on at the fact that he did badly at school and he is where he is, this to me is not being 'self-deprecating' (which he is another areas, which can be kinda 'charming' (in a a 'sad way'), this to me is another sign that he has got few manners (see I can always bring my meanderings round to the thread in question :)), I mean surely he should realise that people turn on the TV to watch, 'happy, smiley' (OK perhaps 'slightly deranged and forced'), people (unless you are watching Poldark, and want to forget their woes, if he keeps harping then this aint going to happen.

No, another thing he shouldn't really present after about 10pm, as given the fact that he is 'teatotal', he seems to be 'on one' for some reason and starts to get slightly overboard with the banter and the comments, doesn't make for good viewing, the Nutri Ninja TSV launch was the case in point!

Latest posts

Back