Gifting

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julian used to say DF had a garage full of Q stuff that she bought everything

:mysmilie_7:

Christmas present buying gets earlier each year.I will be buying for family and close friends only and not falling for Q's nonsense .I don't think that my lifestyle will be enhanced if my home is filled with enough tatty gifts to stock a shop.If people don't appreciate the things bought for them(which will be appropriate but not ridiculously priced)..... then too bad.I agree that Q portrays a perfect and stylish lifestyle which could be had if customers purchase certain objects or
gadgets .Logically ,a lifestyle needs more than objects to be real.Also,I wonder if the scary carousel will make an appearance again this 'Christmas'?

Last edited:
Many moons ago when I went to school, nobody bought gifts for teachers.

When did all this buying for teachers start? What winds me up is that I work for the local county council + am not allowed to accept gifts. However, teachers who work for the very same council are allowed to go home with armfuls of gifts at the end of a school year. How does that work? I have never been able to figure that one out!

I often wonder if there is one lone Mum who actually says at the school gates, - 'sod it, I'm not buying any teacher anything'. It only takes one and they follow like sheep.

With today's kids going to dance classes, scouts, guides, cello lessons, swimming, weekend football, etc etc , do these 'mums' buy presents for all these out of school leaders/teachers ? Just thinking.

I might be way off the mark here Julius, but somehow I think it mightn't be the price of the steam iron, but the steam iron itself. :mysmilie_15:

You are right, it was the iron. She got on the 'phone to her friend, Jocelyn, screeching: "He's bought me a ******* IRON! An IRON!"

She was the one moaning about the twisted flex on the old iron so I got a cordless one. She was just ungrateful, I say, and actually didn't deserve the iron. I actually got it back in the end and it's still in service today.

I often wonder if there is one lone Mum who actually says at the school gates, - 'sod it, I'm not buying any teacher anything'. It only takes one and they follow like sheep.

With today's kids going to dance classes, scouts, guides, cello lessons, swimming, weekend football, etc etc , do these 'mums' buy presents for all these out of school leaders/teachers ? Just thinking.

If it's going to be done, perhaps an adventure in the kitchen producing a few nice freshly baked biscuits or some fudge, flapjack or similar that the kids make with parental (or grand-parental)assistance? Surely any thanks is from the kids rather than from the parents? Why is it always about spending money? Time spent on a thoughtful handmade gift, that won't be perfect but will be unique seems to me far nicer. From the parents it becomes unfair as the better off parents out-do the less well-off (and it could be compromising to be receiving gifts in this way).

Latest posts

Back