The great qvc summer sale ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LOL Every time theres a fashion clearance the same items pop up .A Ronnie Nicole block colour dress and the horrible Renee top with the flowery pleated back.Im certain I have seen these in the last few sales going back a couple of years . I think they need to give it up and banish these items.

Some of the Marla Wynne and Yong Kim stuff are still very expensive. I will pass as usual.

And they have the cheek to say the dreaded high street keep pulling out old stock time and time again!!

And they have the cheek to say the dreaded high street keep pulling out old stock time and time again!!

The thing with the dreaded high street if you pick something off the floor to find it dusty or find makeup on a neckline.
So really wanting it as its the last one in your size, you take to the till, ask for a discount and assurance you can return if it doesn't wash out.
The difference with Q is the chance you'll be sent something the same with no discount, charged postage, have to wait a return label, hassle to return and await to be credited.
In the end need to re-contact them for a refund of your postage.
Then they hit you with it's been included in your returns rate - nice one Q.

:mysmilie_13:

:mysmilie_15: that's hilarious! They've got items in their "sale" that a dinosaur shat on when it walked past, so funny. :mysmilie_17:

IMG_8040.jpg
I have this dress. I remember last wearing it about 5 years ago. Goodness knows how long I've had it!

I really dont understand why they don't discount it heavily to get rid of it! Makes no sense to me.

Oh I don`t know, funerals nowadays seem to be an anything goes event, much to my dismay. I was at a funeral a few weeks ago and someone who`se well into their 40`s, and 5ft 2"and a size 16, turned up in a very tight black lycra very short skirt, a badly fitting cold should top which tightly fitted every bulge, bare lily white legs in stiletto heels and the previous night`s makeup still in evidence. She looked like she`d spent the night on a street corner and had just rolled up at the funeral at the end of her shift.

I'm speechless - though I don't know why. Bad taste seems to be the norm for funeral dressing these days. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned in expecting mourners to look like they're mourning not partying/on the job.

I'm seriously considering banning certain people from mine as I know they'll be true to form and dress more for a prom/wedding/street corner.

Last few funerals I've been to I've travelled to straight from work - so normal business attire. The last one was lovely as we were all asked to wear bright colours as a reflection of the departed's personality and attitude to life. But bright, and smart, not bright and tatty.

I know that most people don't have an outfit they save for solemn occasions, and often can't afford to get an outfit that won't be seen outside of a funereal setting, but most will surely have a smarter outfit? Doesn't have to be black, after all.

I'm speechless - though I don't know why. Bad taste seems to be the norm for funeral dressing these days. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned in expecting mourners to look like they're mourning not partying/on the job.

I'm seriously considering banning certain people from mine as I know they'll be true to form and dress more for a prom/wedding/street corner.

Yes it wasn`t nice to see and even more embarrassing to my husband because it was his 44 year old daughter who turned up dressed like that and she almost fell into the grave when her huge stiletto heels sank into the ground as she was throwing in a handful of soil on top of the coffin and she lurched forwards and was luckily caught by her boyfriend. Suffice to say her Dad had strong words with her afterwards but it fell on deaf ears as per usual.

Last few funerals I've been to I've travelled to straight from work - so normal business attire. The last one was lovely as we were all asked to wear bright colours as a reflection of the departed's personality and attitude to life. But bright, and smart, not bright and tatty.

I know that most people don't have an outfit they save for solemn occasions, and often can't afford to get an outfit that won't be seen outside of a funereal setting, but most will surely have a smarter outfit? Doesn't have to be black, after all.

Bright and smart, yes. Bright and tart, no. Save it for a night out as far as I'm concerned.

Most people have a pair of dark trousers/skirt, surely. Something a little sombre, at least. I get the idea of celebrating a person's life (if they've had the kind of life to celebrate), but to me, funerals are sad occasions that need to be dressed appropriately for (but I do admit I'm old-fashioned in this respect).

Most people have no problem finding occasions to dress brightly and appropriately for. I don't imagine many people would dress inappropriately for a job interview - unless they were really clueless/didn't want the job/the job was in a massage parlour, so why not have a bit of respect at a funeral.

But, like I said, I'm old-fashioned about this. I think I'd probably dress like an undertaker even if brights were specifically requested by the deceased.

Yes it wasn`t nice to see and even more embarrassing to my husband because it was his 44 year old daughter who turned up dressed like that and she almost fell into the grave when her huge stiletto heels sank into the ground as she was throwing in a handful of soil on top of the coffin and she lurched forwards and was luckily caught by her boyfriend. Suffice to say her Dad had strong words with her afterwards but it fell on deaf ears as per usual.

Oh dear.

Relatives are the ones I was thinking of banning at mine :mysmilie_19:

Bright and smart, yes. Bright and tart, no. Save it for a night out as far as I'm concerned.

Most people have a pair of dark trousers/skirt, surely. Something a little sombre, at least. I get the idea of celebrating a person's life (if they've had the kind of life to celebrate), but to me, funerals are sad occasions that need to be dressed appropriately for (but I do admit I'm old-fashioned in this respect).

Most people have no problem finding occasions to dress brightly and appropriately for. I don't imagine many people would dress inappropriately for a job interview - unless they were really clueless/didn't want the job/the job was in a massage parlour, so why not have a bit of respect at a funeral.

But, like I said, I'm old-fashioned about this. I think I'd probably dress like an undertaker even if brights were specifically requested by the deceased.

We're all different in how we view funerals. I've been to some wonderfully uplifting ones, but maybe I'm just lucky in that - particularly with older people's funerals the joy of a life well and fully lived; for those who had endured terrible, painful illness the freedom from their suffering. I'd feel disrespectful to the deceased if they'd specifically asked for people to wear cheery colours. Totally agree that whether wearing bright or sombre colours, being smartly dressed should be a given.

We're all different in how we view funerals. I've been to some wonderfully uplifting ones, but maybe I'm just lucky in that - particularly with older people's funerals the joy of a life well and fully lived; for those who had endured terrible, painful illness the freedom from their suffering. I'd feel disrespectful to the deceased if they'd specifically asked for people to wear cheery colours. Totally agree that whether wearing bright or sombre colours, being smartly dressed should be a given.

I can honestly say I have never been to an uplifting funeral. Granted, I've not been to that many (thankfully). All so far have been a devastating illness, a baby and suicides.

Those that have turned up in tarty/sloppy brights (not come across a smart one yet), have also posted graveside selfies on FB - against the family wishes. Kind of says it all.

I normally wear black, navy, grey or even brown, anything that looks respectable and muted.

However I did have a family member who was the life and soul of the party and he requested that everyone wore bright colours (this was about 10 years ago and was unheard of then), I however didn't know until I had travelled to the funeral and wore a sombre trouser suit and stood out like a sore thumb!

It's funny in the beauty "sale" just hopped on to hear them trying to big up all these beauty brands, that have literally been stuck in last clicks, some for years. They're saying how amazing the brands are, but if ithey were that good, they would've sold and therefore not be in clearance. One minute of Katy P and Jill F is more than ample, so over the channel goes.

For every funeral I've been to, luckily only a couple, we've always stuck with tradition and wore black. You can still celebrate their life, but for me and the funerals I've been to, we've celebrated their life but in a respectful manner, wearing black. Saying that though, we're all different and if wearing bright colours gets you through the most horrible, traumatic time you'll ever face, so be it.

If what I caught a glimpse of this afternoon (two tops in a huge colour choice of......2 colours) supposedly reduced from £59 to £29 then all I can say is good luck to anyone who paid £59 plus p&p for them in the first place - they were up like a kipper.:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Sale!? sale!? they should be done under the Trades Description Act, with a sale you're meant to get a bargain, not just enough knocked off to buy a small bag of chips, if you're lucky. :mysmilie_17:

I can honestly say I have never been to an uplifting funeral. Granted, I've not been to that many (thankfully). All so far have been a devastating illness, a baby and suicides.

Those that have turned up in tarty/sloppy brights (not come across a smart one yet), have also posted graveside selfies on FB - against the family wishes. Kind of says it all.

The funerals you've been to would give me no sense of positivity about the life of the departed. Children's funerals are particularly distressing, as is the anguish of a suicide.

It always astonishes me that people go to funerals with no idea whatsoever of appropriate attire and behaviour, and incapable of seeking advice, or taking a cue from the behaviours of fellow mourners. Taking selfies is really crass. If you want a photo with the grave and floral arrangements, they could come back later, surely?

Funerals and FB ... Another fertile source of conflict and heartache, and a bereavement can leave people very raw and vulnerable.

If what I caught a glimpse of this afternoon (two tops in a huge colour choice of......2 colours) supposedly reduced from £59 to £29 then all I can say is good luck to anyone who paid £59 plus p&p for them in the first place - they were up like a kipper.:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

Well you know what H, there was an item on this afternoon, think it was something in the garden but to be honest, can't remember as I was losing the will, but it had a.........wait for it!......wait for it!......a whopping £2.44 off, yes I kid ye not. They do their little trick like £21.22 down to £19.78 so it looks like there's a bigger reduction, they do forget though that their customers are able to count. :mysmilie_3:

Latest posts

Back