You have to laugh, or you'd cry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Jacko is promoting the QVC Garden of the Year, and inviting applicants to take part.

I couldn't stop laughing, when saying as part of the prize "........ and you get to meet me " plus I think a prize of £250 to spend at QVC. I think he's been watching the promo for Lulu Guinness when she says of her 'philosphy' "and you get a little bit of meeeeeee".

Can you imagine if you won, and you're telling the world that you're getting to meet Richard Jackson, God on a bike, you may just as well say you're having lunch with the postman- because he'd be just as well known.

Jacko is promoting the QVC Garden of the Year, and inviting applicants to take part.

I couldn't stop laughing, when saying as part of the prize "........ and you get to meet me " plus I think a prize of £250 to spend at QVC. I think he's been watching the promo for Lulu Guinness when she says of her 'philosphy' "and you get a little bit of meeeeeee".

Can you imagine if you won, and you're telling the world that you're getting to meet Richard Jackson, God on a bike, you may just as well say you're having lunch with the postman- because he'd be just as well known.

Why wouldn't you want a film crew round eating tea and biscuits.
Then we could all watch you showing Richard around your garden.
Wouldn't it be great if Peony Julie's mother or somewhere like wise entered.
Oh and did you purchase your plants etc from QVC ? :mysmilie_11:

Ahh Princess Jackie, the woman's so deluded she thinks people will enter it to meet her when in reality, it's to get their mittens on the £250 QVC credit, the daft mare. :mysmilie_17:

Disclaimer.....I never have, nor ever would, enter a QVC anything.

Ahh Princess Jackie, the woman's so deluded she thinks people will enter it to meet her when in reality, it's to get their mittens on the £250 QVC credit, the daft mare. :mysmilie_17:

It's Richard Jackson, not Jackie.

I don't want to see RJ on my tv, never mind meeting him. Let us hope this comp might keep him busy and not on the tv as often, we can but hope...

He occasionally appears in my Garden news magazine that annoys me, so I certainly would not enter the competition.

More water in your bedtime horlicks shopperholic...:wink:

Yup, I did laugh!

I don't understand why QVC "people" think they're so famous that we'd want to be seen with them or claim to know them. Not a chance! And all that codswallop about being a big family, then they send you The Letter. Nice.

It's a real cop-out. If most of the people who appear on QVC thought it was "real" telly, they'd be bragging about it left, right and centre. As it is, most make not a peep about it. So customers are to be wowed and bowled over by the privilege of spending time with a presenter... that's cheap. Back in the day, they'd do days where you got to meet guests who came in from the USA or wherever, which is much more hassle to organise and possibly more expensive to boot.

Whether it's an "opportunity" to meet Richard Jackson, or Jackie Kabler, or whoever, I'd cheerfully pass. If I'm not already doing something more fun, I could always be washing my hair.

If QVC really want to get their customers more excited - do something which is actually reaching out to customers around the country, and recognise loyalty with something decent in the way of reductions, or have a loyalty scheme (a good one, mind). If QVC can't afford to make a proper gesture to their paying customers there must be something seriously wrong with their business model, for all the boastful claims and hoopla.

Latest posts

Back