Yankee Candles TSV 30/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Not for me. I don't fancy plug ins or the beads & I'm pretty well stocked up at the moment, not including the auto deliveries I have coming, as I went a bit mad in the Hallmark outlet last week where all large jars were £11.99, even the new scents.

that will ensure qvc try a bit harder with pricing. i notice they have some clearance items but when you add the ott postage costs and the long wait its off putting

Yankee Candle 9 Piece Scents of Summer Home Fragrance Collection
Item Number: 707500
QVC Price £52.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £5.95

A fantastic Yankee Candle bundle including jar candles, votives, fragrance spheres and plug-ins in a choice of their most popular scents for summer. Allocate each piece to a different room around your home and enjoy your favourite fragrance wherever you are.

*Please note: if you were to buy these individually from Yankee Candle you’d pay £61.91. So to get them for a Today's Special Value price of £39.96, plus P&P, is a great saving of over 20%.

A perfect fit for your home - we've got it all mapped out! You can fill your home with your favourite fragrance by using the large jar in your living room, small jar in the kitchen, the votives in the bedroom, fragrance spheres in the bathroom and the refills in the hallway - voila!

Your favourite fragrance - the bundle of products is available in a range of Yankee Candle's bestselling fresh and fruity fragrances that are perfect for the season. Choose from: Clean Cotton, Red Raspberry, Lemon Lavender, Black Coconut or Pink Sands.

Contains:

1 x Large Jar candle (623g) – Up to 150 hours burn time
1 x Small Jar candle (104g) - Up to 40 hours burn time
3 x Votive candles (49g) – Up to 45 hours total burn time
2 x Fragrance Spheres (170g) - lasts up to 90 days in total (45 days each)
1 x pack of two Scent Plug Refills (18.5ml) - each refill lasts up to four weeks
1 x Scent Plug Base - White

Fragrance options:

Red Raspberry - tangy and sweet ripe, rosy red raspberries
Lemon Lavender - an inviting, powdery, fresh blend of lemon citrus and sweet lavender flowers
Black Coconut - a tranquil mix of rich coconut, cedarwood and island blossoms
Pink Sands - an exotic mix of bright citrus, sweet florals and spicy vanilla
Clean Cotton - sun-dried cotton with green notes, white flowers and a hint of lemon

Delivered to UK mainland only

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707500

Rosa says they're introducing a third guest presenter for Yankee in one of the shows later today. Hope the poor s0d realises they will be shot down on Facebook for not being Stephen. I am guessing it will be a male as the other two are female.

Oh exciting! Let's face it Micheala hasn't exactly been a success, has she? I'm afraid I record her shows and FF through everything except the first look at the item. Previously I only really did that with JF and Del Boy presenting. Steven couldn't be the Comeback King could he?

I don't go for Yankee Candles & in general am very picky when choosing scents for my home.I have to say Rosa is in a class of her own when it comes to the images she portrays when describing the scents, I am almost drawn in.As for the rest I can't comment but I know from here that something went amiss with that Stephen, couldn't stand the long flowing locks & I don't go near FB.YK seem to be all over the place & I do have a sniff but haven't found any I'd buy.

Well it's a woman. Her Twatter name is @CaitGeorgina. No idea what her YC pedigree is though as I couldn't discover anything else.

Well it's a woman. Her Twatter name is @CaitGeorgina. No idea what her YC pedigree is though as I couldn't discover anything else.

I'm only half watching on the computer as I am working - I think Rosa said she's been working for Yankee (in marketing?). It was a very brief appearance at the start of this hour - she's doing a show on her own on 20th August.

All this information - you'd think I cared!

I don't go for Yankee Candles & in general am very picky when choosing scents for my home.I have to say Rosa is in a class of her own when it comes to the images she portrays when describing the scents, I am almost drawn in.As for the rest I can't comment but I know from here that something went amiss with that Stephen, couldn't stand the long flowing locks & I don't go near FB.YK seem to be all over the place & I do have a sniff but haven't found any I'd buy.

I agree about Rosa. I don't do "presenter/guest adoration" but I do think Rosa has a nice way about her and knows her stuff. That's partly why I thought this campaign that's running to get Steven C back because nobody can match him, according to them, or draw them in like him to make a purchase, is an insult to poor Rosa.

Well spotted! I can't be be bothered to check but I am sure YC official site sale had Tuscan Vineyard for about £12 whereas Q were selling 2 plus some votives for £48, cos it's so rare.

I don't think the SC campaign... and online petition, did we all know this?..... is an insult to Rosa because I do think everyone adores her. She is like the Virgin Mary of YC, beyond criticism. I think the comparisons are to do with new woman 1.

I'm watching the swimming so only caught about 5 seconds of new woman 2, but does anyone else think she has a slight look of Amanda Holden?

V said:
Well spotted! I can't be be bothered to check but I am sure YC official site sale had Tuscan Vineyard for about £12 whereas Q were selling 2 plus some votives for £48, cos it's so rare.

I don't think the SC campaign... and online petition, did we all know this?..... is an insult to Rosa because I do think everyone adores her. She is like the Virgin Mary of YC, beyond criticism. I think the comparisons are to do with new woman 1.

I'm watching the swimming so only caught about 5 seconds of new woman 2, but does anyone else think she has a slight look of Amanda Holden?

I think you're right, Mazza. They did have Tuscan Vineyard for £12 - I think it started at £16.49 in the sale and ended up £12 like a few others.

Re SC vs Rosa, I was just picking up on the Wax Addicts site where it says :

"We are openly asking for Steven to be brought back to QVCUK, since he left the Yankee Candle shows just don't have the same excitement about them, in fact it feels like the heart and passion has been taken out of the brand. Bring Steven back and make the thousands of QVC/YankeeCandle customers happy again!"

... which I thought discounts Rosa. But then again, who knows? They probably don't mean it like that, no.

I agree that Rosa is an asset to Yankee (and QVC) and think she'd be the loss if she left. She is so informative and can present with all the QVC presenters without an issue which couldn't be said the same of the previous Yankee host (Michaela). I wonder what happened to her?

Last edited:
Rosa is #1 for me. I liked Stephen, but I discounted his recommendations as his fave scent group was the foody one. Fresh and floral are my preference, and I find Rosa manages to both describe the fragrance notes and an evocative image of what the fragrance conveys. Also I really appreciate that she doesn't trot out meaningless stock phrases. I could imagine her being a delightful hostess or a charming and interesting guest, even away from candles.

This TSV fortunately has zero appeal for me, and I have candles coming out of my ears... I am doing a declutter so it will be interesting to see where I get to with all my stash.

Latest posts

Back