Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Just Posted This On Feefo

Bought a pleasant paua unisex ring. Took the opportunity to Post this review:

SERVICE: Overall, service is "ok", although, no question that, in today's age, standard delivery is way too long but that's what is offered. Setting aside subjective opinions about the quality of gems being sold nowadays (as opposed to 5 or so years ago), the complete lack of variety and design in your normal ranges, the noticeable increase in re-constituted, coated or diffused topaz/quartz items, the significant drop in gold weight proportionate to the designs and the evaporation of the sense of "family" and "ethics" (when was the last time Steve came on and auctioned Samburu tribe pieces for example), there are two things that can be addressed immediately (and have been raised time and time again on reviews) that have nothing to do with Gemporia's decisions on commercial direction:

1. Showcase hours ALWAYS ALWAYS are 20, 25 minutes or half an hour late or don't really start because of inane chatter and hand-waving repeated phrases. Gone are the days when Scott or Rachel would actually get up and give a ten minute talk about facts (maps, specimen samples, treatments etc).

and

2. There is now a VERY noticeable use of the light box or recorded video presentation of an item. Oddly, the Outlet is now the best channel to see an actual item up close, all the way around and in context of the hand or neckline (Nick Davies is brilliant at this). This comment has been made hundreds of times in reviews. The video does indeed show up the item up close but it is now being used instead of showing the item in the studio. We would all agree that videos have their place in presenting an item to sell but not as a complete substitute.

Gemporia still makes lovely items but, as one reviewer has commented in a similar vein very recently, far less "Ooh, lovely, got to have it" and more "Mmm, nice but let's look it up and check all the details before deciding". Having lost that warm "family" feeling to the whole operation and having educated your early audience (for which we are very grateful), a purchase decision is now far more likely to be a hard-nosed commercial one, with comparisons with your online and on-screen competitors.

PRODUCT: Not yet posted but I referred to fact that the ring was made in China, not by Gemporia and that Lynn J proudly (and rightly) used to say that Gems didn't "scoop out" the metal in the ring shank. This ring had all the metal scooped out!
      Likes historymystery, Petespants liked this post

2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

I remember a couple of the people you talk of - although I can't recall names, and I remember when sizing was just N-O, which was fine by me, because this fits me nicely, but when they added other sizes, they upped the price to compensate for the increase in labour costs, I suppose. Since then, the quality has gone downhill and now the prices are ridiculous for some items. I would not buy their diamonds because they are so poor - the complaints on the website reviews have escalated and there are much better deals to be had at other online jewellers. The small carat weights of stones in thin gold or silver look bad enough, but putting a solitaire of, say, 2.5 carats or above in under 2 grams of metal is just crazy, you would need to get it re-set in a shank with a decent metal weight or risk the thing snapping in half.

Quote Originally Posted by donna255 View Post
      Long ago there where members on this forum who really knew they stuff. Used to order two or three of the same item(in those days all they sold was size N/O), pick the best one and return the others. I remember it being said never go below 1.80 or 1.90 for gold as under it was far too thin. I see these massive stones in like under 1.40 grams and think that is like tin!

› See More: Just Posted This On Feefo
      Likes donna255 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Lord save me!
      Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock and looks like Adina has settled in the presenters chair at Gems until 11pm. Eight hours without a complete sentence - 'I know'!
      Likes historymystery, puffin48 liked this post

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I have suffered from it. I bought a black ceramic unisex ring that had a band of gold in it. I hardly wore it. Got it out to sell it and the band had spontaneously snapped. I really ought to have complained but ended up having to sell it as scrap. Quite worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      I remember a couple of the people you talk of - although I can't recall names, and I remember when sizing was just N-O, which was fine by me, because this fits me nicely, but when they added other sizes, they upped the price to compensate for the increase in labour costs, I suppose. Since then, the quality has gone downhill and now the prices are ridiculous for some items. I would not buy their diamonds because they are so poor - the complaints on the website reviews have escalated and there are much better deals to be had at other online jewellers. The small carat weights of stones in thin gold or silver look bad enough, but putting a solitaire of, say, 2.5 carats or above in under 2 grams of metal is just crazy, you would need to get it re-set in a shank with a decent metal weight or risk the thing snapping in half.

7.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I thought exactly the same. I thought "What's going on? She's on early." So I checked the schedule...which is tosh anyway. Turquoise is on n gone but it's listed for later.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristol View Post
      Dear Lord save me!
      Sunday afternoon at 3 o'clock and looks like Adina has settled in the presenters chair at Gems until 11pm. Eight hours without a complete sentence - 'I know'!
      Likes historymystery liked this post

9.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Lord save me!
      That's me out of watching then.

11.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
      I thought exactly the same. I thought "What's going on? She's on early." So I checked the schedule...which is tosh anyway. Turquoise is on n gone but it's listed for later.
      She told Hattie last night that she was doing 8 hours. I thought, well that's 8 hours I wont be watching then.
      Likes historymystery liked this post

13.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Lol! It's the wild hair that she keeps scraping back because it's in her eyes (wear it in an updo, love, tie it back or get it cut) and the waving hands that get me - I keep thinking she's drowning, the way she claws the air constantly. For all the years she's been with Gemporia, and she still can't string a sentence together on air. She's one (among several) who should be shown the door. Someone brought in off the street couldn't be much worse.

Dear Lord save me!
      Likes donna255 liked this post

15.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I (very bravely!) switched over to Gems last night, when Adina was on with the male guest. Talk about a mutual admiration society or flirting-fest, then we had Adina telling us that she's going to the dentist today and her kids are going as well! Gosh, how interesting, Adina, do let us know how you get on! She goes from bad to worse, and the bloke with her was incredibly childish - if he's supposed to be a Gem Hunter, then things must be bad in the world of gemstones. Tuned in this morning, just before the 7 am handover between different presenters, and the outgoing one (don't know her name) seemed totally uninterested in what she was selling. The incoming presenter said something pleasant, along the lines of "hello everyone, and good morning" and smart-Alec outgoing one promptly said "and goodbye" in a supercilious voice, as though she was just delighted to be finishing. No personality, zero charisma, seemingly zero interest. Obviously Steve's recruiting them on the cheap, but he should apply for a refund from the Charm Academy pronto.......
      Last edited by historymystery; 17-07-2017 at 06:32 AM.

17.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Andy, great review,spot on,totally agree with all the other comments. I fear gems are starting to scrape the bottom of the pot,the other day, i popped onto my computer for five minutes, to hear not once but twice Rosie Wells describe mookite jasper described as rare,which it definitely isnt,this sor of remark really annoys me, so i went onto gems facebook page and said so, gems did not reply,probably because they had no way to defend the comments the sales producer had told her to say. This morning a presenter named Jessica Foley was selling green onyx telling viewers it was unobtainable now, i fail to see how as it was dyed onyx. As to stock,about seven months ago i was trawling the webiste,which is now awful thanks to the changes they have made , i was looking for old stock peridot as old stock has considerably more silver weight, well they have loads and loads of old stock in different stones dating back to 2013 in some instances, i once heard a male presenter say they didnt actually know what they have in stock, now i do know that running a business stock is crucial to your profit margin. I dont think they will be clearing much now they have got rid of the load from code on the lounge.

19.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Its quite sad to see it going the way it is. Ive had some nice pieces in the past but I rarely buy now and, if I do, its usually something under £20. I think Steve and his family have got delusions of grandeur and that they can sell their gullible buyers anything. I look at some of the things and think - what the hell would someone want that for. It would be interesting to know if people who buy to sell them on are making any money out of it.

I remember a few years ago when I was on a cruise, a fellow passenger had a tanzanite ring set in gold. She showed it to the onboard gem expert and he said that, although the gem itself was ok, the gold setting was far too thin and this is why you can buy them cheap. I bought a lovely tanzanite ring set in platinum in the Caribbean a few year back and you cant compare the thickness of the band with what Gems put on. It makes all the difference in the look of it. As a previous poster said, the size of some of those stones they put on a thin band look ridiculous and I can only assume that they have the gem reset into a better band

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising