Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      Classic example of someone putting too much info on their FB page - FB friend of mine put out a big announcement yesterday that she had started dating a 'hot, toyboy firefighter' (bad enough) and has now made the poor chap her profile pic - it's not going to end well.
      Ouch! What was she thinking? Have people been commenting on her page?
      Likes shopperholic , Tarketta liked this post

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      Ouch! What was she thinking? Have people been commenting on her page?
      Yes, lots of 'jokes' about whether or not he puts out/lights her fire...she's middle aged like me and I am cringing.
      Likes shopperholic , AndiK liked this post

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

It makes me laugh on Facebook when people post 'Happy Birthday to the love of my life' ect I think just bloody tell them and stop being so cringe.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, lots of 'jokes' about whether or not he puts out/lights her fire...she's middle aged like me and I am cringing.
      Eeeeek, well I hope he doesn't see it and take exception. Like you, I don't see this ending well (though of course I wish her the best if she's happy). If I were him, I would be livid that my photo was being used like that, apart from anything else. When I used to go to gatherings and there were cameras out (which is pretty rare now, happily, going back to what I was saying about the SM novelty wearing off for many people I know), I dreaded how the pics were going to be used. Not that I get up to anything dodgy (honest!) - I'm just camera-shy! But most of all, I object to people thinking it's ok to put my photo on the internet when I would never do so myself. I rue the day they put cameras in all smartphones and it doesn't surprise me in the least that some manufacturers are seeing a demand for straightforward mobiles like they had in the early 2000s - you know, the days when everyone wanted the thinnest and smallest mobile possible, while today they seem happy to carry something the size of a holiday paperback around. And, annoyingly, the side pockets in many of my favourite handbags don't take my phone any more.

Oops, I've rambled off topic a bit there. Anyway, that's set me up nicely for Sunday afternoon! Sorry, back to the subject .... Let us know what happens, Tarketta, if it's not too schadenfreude-ish.

Post Thanks / Like

Classic example of someone putting too much info on their FB page - FB friend of mine put out a big announcement yesterday that she had started dating a 'hot, toyboy firefighter' (bad enough) and has now made the poor chap her profile pic - it's not going to end well.
      Someone I knew posted about her new boyfriend who she had been seeing for a month. She was gushing about him + her friends commented saying should they start buying hats for the wedding. He promptly dumped her!!!
      Likes AndiK , shopperholic , Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Eeeeek, well I hope he doesn't see it and take exception. Like you, I don't see this ending well (though of course I wish her the best if she's happy). If I were him, I would be livid that my photo was being used like that, apart from anything else. When I used to go to gatherings and there were cameras out (which is pretty rare now, happily, going back to what I was saying about the SM novelty wearing off for many people I know), I dreaded how the pics were going to be used. Not that I get up to anything dodgy (honest!) - I'm just camera-shy! But most of all, I object to people thinking it's ok to put my photo on the internet when I would never do so myself. I rue the day they put cameras in all smartphones and it doesn't surprise me in the least that some manufacturers are seeing a demand for straightforward mobiles like they had in the early 2000s - you know, the days when everyone wanted the thinnest and smallest mobile possible, while today they seem happy to carry something the size of a holiday paperback around. And, annoyingly, the side pockets in many of my favourite handbags don't take my phone any more.

Oops, I've rambled off topic a bit there. Anyway, that's set me up nicely for Sunday afternoon! Sorry, back to the subject .... Let us know what happens, Tarketta, if it's not too schadenfreude-ish.
      Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
      Someone I knew posted about her new boyfriend who she had been seeing for a month. She was gushing about him + her friends commented saying should they start buying hats for the wedding. He promptly dumped her!!!
      Exactly and exactly! I'm all for people being happy, but plastering very newfound happiness all over FB is never going to end well. I don't even have a relationship status as I just don't want anything about me out there - as you say, once it's out there, it's no longer yours.

I'll keep an eye out on this particular one but she's also someone who constantly posts pictures of her food when she eats out and pictures of herself blootered on a night out, so I guess it's in character.
      Likes AndiK , shopperholic liked this post

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Exactly and exactly! I'm all for people being happy, but plastering very newfound happiness all over FB is never going to end well. I don't even have a relationship status as I just don't want anything about me out there - as you say, once it's out there, it's no longer yours.

I'll keep an eye out on this particular one but she's also someone who constantly posts pictures of her food when she eats out and pictures of herself blootered on a night out, so I guess it's in character.
      Blootered! Such a good word and ages since I heard it. Was it famously used a lot in a drama or publication, or is it a regional thing?
      Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Blootered! Such a good word and ages since I heard it. Was it famously used a lot in a drama or publication, or is it a regional thing?
      Only just saw this post, sorry AndiK - I pinched it from my Glaswegian mate, it is such a good word

FYI, the FB friend is now engaged...think they've been together a week.
      Thanks AndiK thanked for this post

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Only just saw this post, sorry AndiK - I pinched it from my Glaswegian mate, it is such a good word

FYI, the FB friend is now engaged...think they've been together a week.
      Ah, of course. That's where I have heard it - from Scottish people. It sounds great in their accent too.

Post Thanks / Like

It is common in N I as well.
      Likes donna255 liked this post

I can only please one person per day and to-day it's my turn