Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up





    Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

    We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

      After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

    The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

    Read More

    Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Results 61 to 70 of 74
    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Posts
      779
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Catherine Huntley - has she been targeted via online abuse?

      First off, apologies for this thread as my knowledge of QVC happenings is minimal, as I no longer have severe insomnia, so no longer need QVC to help me sleep.




      I did watch a little on air today with Catherine Huntley presenting, whom made various facetious, yet poking remarks regarding the fact she might have been accused of having an 'all about me' personality, and referring to online abuse
      I wondered if she had received twitter trolls or similar?

      Of course I dont know her personality. However, she is in a job in the public eye, and like others celebrity or politicians, it might be one of the drawbacks in this modern day of 'online feedback'.

      My opinion - she seems fragile and sensitive to criticism, therefore possibly in the wrong job. Maybe shes better being behind the camera, rather than in front of it.

      'If you can't take the heat....'

      ..Then I turned QVC off realising I had not missed much. Zzzzzz
       

    2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    3. #61
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      3,115
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      Classic example of someone putting too much info on their FB page - FB friend of mine put out a big announcement yesterday that she had started dating a 'hot, toyboy firefighter' (bad enough) and has now made the poor chap her profile pic - it's not going to end well.
      Ouch! What was she thinking? Have people been commenting on her page?


      › See More: Catherine Huntley - has she been targeted via online abuse?
      Likes shopperholic , Tarketta liked this post
       

    4. #62
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      1,251
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      Ouch! What was she thinking? Have people been commenting on her page?
      Yes, lots of 'jokes' about whether or not he puts out/lights her fire...she's middle aged like me and I am cringing.
      Likes shopperholic , AndiK liked this post
       

    5.    Sponsored Link

    6. #63
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Our House
      Posts
      2,829
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      It makes me laugh on Facebook when people post 'Happy Birthday to the love of my life' ect I think just bloody tell them and stop being so cringe.
       

    7.    Sponsored Link

    8. #64
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      3,115
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      Yes, lots of 'jokes' about whether or not he puts out/lights her fire...she's middle aged like me and I am cringing.
      Eeeeek, well I hope he doesn't see it and take exception. Like you, I don't see this ending well (though of course I wish her the best if she's happy). If I were him, I would be livid that my photo was being used like that, apart from anything else. When I used to go to gatherings and there were cameras out (which is pretty rare now, happily, going back to what I was saying about the SM novelty wearing off for many people I know), I dreaded how the pics were going to be used. Not that I get up to anything dodgy (honest!) - I'm just camera-shy! But most of all, I object to people thinking it's ok to put my photo on the internet when I would never do so myself. I rue the day they put cameras in all smartphones and it doesn't surprise me in the least that some manufacturers are seeing a demand for straightforward mobiles like they had in the early 2000s - you know, the days when everyone wanted the thinnest and smallest mobile possible, while today they seem happy to carry something the size of a holiday paperback around. And, annoyingly, the side pockets in many of my favourite handbags don't take my phone any more.

      Oops, I've rambled off topic a bit there. Anyway, that's set me up nicely for Sunday afternoon! Sorry, back to the subject .... Let us know what happens, Tarketta, if it's not too schadenfreude-ish.
       

    9.    Price Crash TV

    10. #65
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Posts
      1,558
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      Classic example of someone putting too much info on their FB page - FB friend of mine put out a big announcement yesterday that she had started dating a 'hot, toyboy firefighter' (bad enough) and has now made the poor chap her profile pic - it's not going to end well.
      Someone I knew posted about her new boyfriend who she had been seeing for a month. She was gushing about him + her friends commented saying should they start buying hats for the wedding. He promptly dumped her!!!
      Likes AndiK , shopperholic , Tarketta liked this post
       

    11.    Gemporia

    12. #66
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      1,251
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      Eeeeek, well I hope he doesn't see it and take exception. Like you, I don't see this ending well (though of course I wish her the best if she's happy). If I were him, I would be livid that my photo was being used like that, apart from anything else. When I used to go to gatherings and there were cameras out (which is pretty rare now, happily, going back to what I was saying about the SM novelty wearing off for many people I know), I dreaded how the pics were going to be used. Not that I get up to anything dodgy (honest!) - I'm just camera-shy! But most of all, I object to people thinking it's ok to put my photo on the internet when I would never do so myself. I rue the day they put cameras in all smartphones and it doesn't surprise me in the least that some manufacturers are seeing a demand for straightforward mobiles like they had in the early 2000s - you know, the days when everyone wanted the thinnest and smallest mobile possible, while today they seem happy to carry something the size of a holiday paperback around. And, annoyingly, the side pockets in many of my favourite handbags don't take my phone any more.

      Oops, I've rambled off topic a bit there. Anyway, that's set me up nicely for Sunday afternoon! Sorry, back to the subject .... Let us know what happens, Tarketta, if it's not too schadenfreude-ish.
      Quote Originally Posted by whitesnake View Post
      Someone I knew posted about her new boyfriend who she had been seeing for a month. She was gushing about him + her friends commented saying should they start buying hats for the wedding. He promptly dumped her!!!
      Exactly and exactly! I'm all for people being happy, but plastering very newfound happiness all over FB is never going to end well. I don't even have a relationship status as I just don't want anything about me out there - as you say, once it's out there, it's no longer yours.

      I'll keep an eye out on this particular one but she's also someone who constantly posts pictures of her food when she eats out and pictures of herself blootered on a night out, so I guess it's in character.
      Likes AndiK , shopperholic liked this post
       

    13.    Advertisment

    14. #67
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      3,115
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      Exactly and exactly! I'm all for people being happy, but plastering very newfound happiness all over FB is never going to end well. I don't even have a relationship status as I just don't want anything about me out there - as you say, once it's out there, it's no longer yours.

      I'll keep an eye out on this particular one but she's also someone who constantly posts pictures of her food when she eats out and pictures of herself blootered on a night out, so I guess it's in character.
      Blootered! Such a good word and ages since I heard it. Was it famously used a lot in a drama or publication, or is it a regional thing?
      Likes Tarketta liked this post
       

    15.    Sponsored Link

    16. #68
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Posts
      1,251
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      Blootered! Such a good word and ages since I heard it. Was it famously used a lot in a drama or publication, or is it a regional thing?
      Only just saw this post, sorry AndiK - I pinched it from my Glaswegian mate, it is such a good word

      FYI, the FB friend is now engaged...think they've been together a week.
      Thanks AndiK thanked for this post
       

    17.    Crafting.co.uk

    18. #69
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Posts
      3,115
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
      Only just saw this post, sorry AndiK - I pinched it from my Glaswegian mate, it is such a good word

      FYI, the FB friend is now engaged...think they've been together a week.
      Ah, of course. That's where I have heard it - from Scottish people. It sounds great in their accent too.

    19.    Sponsored Link

    20. #70
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      6,764
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      It is common in N I as well.
      Likes donna255 liked this post
       
      I can only please one person per day and to-day it's my turn

    •   Alt

      Advertising

      advertising

        
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •