Catherine Huntley - has she been targeted via online abuse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Classic example of someone putting too much info on their FB page - FB friend of mine put out a big announcement yesterday that she had started dating a 'hot, toyboy firefighter' (bad enough) and has now made the poor chap her profile pic - it's not going to end well.

Ouch! What was she thinking? Have people been commenting on her page?

It makes me laugh on Facebook when people post 'Happy Birthday to the love of my life' ect I think just ****** tell them and stop being so cringe.

Yes, lots of 'jokes' about whether or not he puts out/lights her fire...she's middle aged like me and I am cringing.

Eeeeek, well I hope he doesn't see it and take exception. Like you, I don't see this ending well (though of course I wish her the best if she's happy). If I were him, I would be livid that my photo was being used like that, apart from anything else. When I used to go to gatherings and there were cameras out (which is pretty rare now, happily, going back to what I was saying about the SM novelty wearing off for many people I know), I dreaded how the pics were going to be used. Not that I get up to anything dodgy (honest!) - I'm just camera-shy! But most of all, I object to people thinking it's ok to put my photo on the internet when I would never do so myself. I rue the day they put cameras in all smartphones and it doesn't surprise me in the least that some manufacturers are seeing a demand for straightforward mobiles like they had in the early 2000s - you know, the days when everyone wanted the thinnest and smallest mobile possible, while today they seem happy to carry something the size of a holiday paperback around. And, annoyingly, the side pockets in many of my favourite handbags don't take my phone any more.

Oops, I've rambled off topic a bit there. Anyway, that's set me up nicely for Sunday afternoon! Sorry, back to the subject .... Let us know what happens, Tarketta, if it's not too schadenfreude-ish.

Classic example of someone putting too much info on their FB page - FB friend of mine put out a big announcement yesterday that she had started dating a 'hot, toyboy firefighter' (bad enough) and has now made the poor chap her profile pic - it's not going to end well.

Someone I knew posted about her new boyfriend who she had been seeing for a month. She was gushing about him + her friends commented saying should they start buying hats for the wedding. He promptly dumped her!!!

Eeeeek, well I hope he doesn't see it and take exception. Like you, I don't see this ending well (though of course I wish her the best if she's happy). If I were him, I would be livid that my photo was being used like that, apart from anything else. When I used to go to gatherings and there were cameras out (which is pretty rare now, happily, going back to what I was saying about the SM novelty wearing off for many people I know), I dreaded how the pics were going to be used. Not that I get up to anything dodgy (honest!) - I'm just camera-shy! But most of all, I object to people thinking it's ok to put my photo on the internet when I would never do so myself. I rue the day they put cameras in all smartphones and it doesn't surprise me in the least that some manufacturers are seeing a demand for straightforward mobiles like they had in the early 2000s - you know, the days when everyone wanted the thinnest and smallest mobile possible, while today they seem happy to carry something the size of a holiday paperback around. And, annoyingly, the side pockets in many of my favourite handbags don't take my phone any more.

Oops, I've rambled off topic a bit there. Anyway, that's set me up nicely for Sunday afternoon! Sorry, back to the subject .... Let us know what happens, Tarketta, if it's not too schadenfreude-ish.

Someone I knew posted about her new boyfriend who she had been seeing for a month. She was gushing about him + her friends commented saying should they start buying hats for the wedding. He promptly dumped her!!!

Exactly and exactly! I'm all for people being happy, but plastering very newfound happiness all over FB is never going to end well. I don't even have a relationship status as I just don't want anything about me out there - as you say, once it's out there, it's no longer yours.

I'll keep an eye out on this particular one but she's also someone who constantly posts pictures of her food when she eats out and pictures of herself blootered on a night out, so I guess it's in character.

Exactly and exactly! I'm all for people being happy, but plastering very newfound happiness all over FB is never going to end well. I don't even have a relationship status as I just don't want anything about me out there - as you say, once it's out there, it's no longer yours.

I'll keep an eye out on this particular one but she's also someone who constantly posts pictures of her food when she eats out and pictures of herself blootered on a night out, so I guess it's in character.

Blootered! Such a good word and ages since I heard it. Was it famously used a lot in a drama or publication, or is it a regional thing?

Blootered! Such a good word and ages since I heard it. Was it famously used a lot in a drama or publication, or is it a regional thing?

Only just saw this post, sorry AndiK - I pinched it from my Glaswegian mate, it is such a good word :mysmilie_17:

FYI, the FB friend is now engaged...think they've been together a week.

Only just saw this post, sorry AndiK - I pinched it from my Glaswegian mate, it is such a good word :mysmilie_17:

FYI, the FB friend is now engaged...think they've been together a week.

Ah, of course. That's where I have heard it - from Scottish people. It sounds great in their accent too.

Oh yes the blootered!:mysmilie_3:

Usually said here about someone having a number of drinks the night before. He/She was blootered.

Another one common to NI. They couldn't bite their finger! Again means they where drunk.

I do use facebook, but, mainly to discuss stuff on closed groups like this with the likeminded, not at all bothered about what I had for lunch fifteen or whatever years ago. I don't do instagram for that very reason. I am on twitter, but some of the musicians I like don't always use facebook and occasionally, my favourite music is quite niche, you only find out about what they are getting up to if you follow them on there and I've ended up going to amazing concerts that haven't been widely advertised elsewhere! I certainly would NOT look out for sellytelly folk on there.

No intententions of doing FB!

I have a few friends who do it and they constantly moan about the fakeness and constant boring Posts! A couple of them have now shut theirs down.

I do like some aspects of SM but the bitching & negativity on FB is really not worth knowing! Will leave that to the Groupies! :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14::mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back