Catherine Huntley - has she been targeted via online abuse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
First off, apologies for this thread as my knowledge of QVC happenings is minimal, as I no longer have severe insomnia, so no longer need QVC to help me sleep. :giggle:
I did watch a little on air today with Catherine Huntley presenting, whom made various facetious, yet poking remarks regarding the fact she might have been accused of having an 'all about me' personality, and referring to online abuse
I wondered if she had received twitter trolls or similar?

Of course I dont know her personality. However, she is in a job in the public eye, and like others celebrity or politicians, it might be one of the drawbacks in this modern day of 'online feedback'.

My opinion - she seems fragile and sensitive to criticism, therefore possibly in the wrong job. Maybe shes better being behind the camera, rather than in front of it.

'If you can't take the heat....'

..Then I turned QVC off realising I had not missed much. Zzzzzz

First of all I've got to say I don't agree with Troll behaviour and think it's vile, that's why I steer clear from Twitter and Facebook, Chuntley unfortunately doesn't and courts praise and admiration on all levels, to the point of being on all forms of Social Media including Instagtam, she even made it clear that she was on Yankee Candle Stevens side and his vile, potty mouthed partner when she knew that tensions were high over it, so I wholeheartedly agree, it you can't stand the heat..........

I too am in the minority these days and this is nothing to do with being a certain age but I never use Facebook, Twitter & the rest which I don't even know.They lay themselves open to all kinds of unacceptable behaviour.

If it's arsebook or twatter it's not me (honest) but I stand by eyerthing I have ever thought about her on this forum.

Spaniel ears is coming up fast on the outside lane and many more shows and she will have overtaken Chuntley (AKA me me and more me) as my most disliked presenter.

Chuntley if you are reading this then stop the "little pretty silly me" and start acting like the grown woman you are.

There have been a few posts on the QVC Facebook page being critical of her(no not abuse), the arse lickers jump in to defend her and praise her. Perhaps that is it. Or someone telling her on her non stop twitter thing she is always looking at even on air.

I would advise her to stop constantly going on about her weight,figure ,wrinkles etc because it comes across as courting comments as in oh no , you don't have any wrinkles or whatever issue she is going on about.It has got worse lately.

That false little laugh sets my teeth on edge.

By the way, someone should tell her that the colour of her face (today) is about 4 shades of conked darker than her neck and hands.

I would advise her to stop constantly going on about her weight,figure ,wrinkles etc because it comes across as courting comments as in oh no , you don't have any wrinkles or whatever issue she is going on about.It has got worse lately.

Would be funnier if people actually said, 'I wasn't going to mention it, but since you have, you have put on weight, and yes, you do have big wrinkles, you should try some of those creams you sell'. Might shut up trying to court compliments all the time.

There's an easy way of dealing with on-line trolls, come off social media ! simples. I'm like the rest on here, avoiding all forms of social media like the plague. Years ago when it all kicked off, and I saw that people were posting photographs of their lunch, and giving a running commentary of what they were doing as they left for work I knew it wasn't for me. AND look how all these photos get you into trouble, yes you the Beckham family !!!, but also can come back to haunt you years later.

I'm often looked at quizzically because I'm not on arsebook, and those who are and are my age, delight in seeing photos of family in Patagonia or a grandchild's first steps in Swindon - fine, but I live my life without any enhancement from social media and strangely I'm surviving !!!!!

Bullies and trolls would soon tire and give up if there is no response from the social media account, so coming off it would seem the sensible thing to do.

It really is very simple. Grow up, get off social media and ask yourself why you still feel the need to share the minutiae of your life with strangers. Most of it is showing off backed with a ridiculous sense of self importance.

There's an easy way of dealing with on-line trolls, come off social media ! simples. I'm like the rest on here, avoiding all forms of social media like the plague. Years ago when it all kicked off, and I saw that people were posting photographs of their lunch, and giving a running commentary of what they were doing as they left for work I knew it wasn't for me. AND look how all these photos get you into trouble, yes you the Beckham family !!!, but also can come back to haunt you years later.

I'm often looked at quizzically because I'm not on arsebook, and those who are and are my age, delight in seeing photos of family in Patagonia or a grandchild's first steps in Swindon - fine, but I live my life without any enhancement from social media and strangely I'm surviving !!!!!

Bullies and trolls would soon tire and give up if there is no response from the social media account, so coming off it would seem the sensible thing to do.

I have clicked the "thank" button because this could have been written by me and you saved me typing it all out! My views exactly!

I went to reunion recently and at the end they said we can communicate about the next one via our FB group!!! I said well not with me you can't, please send me an email with the date.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Happened to flick over and there she was going on about her nails being short because of rebuilding her house. It was a Sketchers show and the man was explaining something about how some run which his wife was going to do and she wore Sketchers. CHuntley was I know nothing about this, but ask me about building a wall! WTF! So in the future historians will equal her building her house and some wall with Hadien's Wall no doubt.:mysmilie_15:

I went to reunion recently and at the end they said we can communicate about the next one via our FB group!!! I said well not with me you can't, please send me an email with the date.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Ha ha! And I bet they looked at you like you have two heads. Don't you love it when people (try to) suggest you are so old-fashioned because you don't use FB and Twitter, or you must be very bored and lonely without them? In fact, the opposite is usually true!

Happened to flick over and there she was going on about her nails being short because of rebuilding her house. It was a Sketchers show and the man was explaining something about how some run which his wife was going to do and she wore Sketchers. CHuntley was I know nothing about this, but ask me about building a wall! WTF! So in the future historians will equal her building her house and some wall with Hadien's Wall no doubt.:mysmilie_15:

Oh yes, Huntley's House is a module in university Construction degree courses, don't ya know?!

Still building her house?! If I was her I'd sack the contractors, they could've built two Buckingham Palaces in the time Chuntley has taken to build her house, well I say Chuntley taken, If Alison Young can be a "beauty expert" then Chuntley can be an electrician, plumber, plasterer, roofer.............

I'm pretty sure she isn't the only one drawing ire from viewers with being self obsessed. I just wish they would stick to talking about what they're selling and keep their private lives just that. I don't expect to hear it from till operators at the supermarket and I don't want to hear it from them. And I'm utterly fed up hearing about holidays, theirs or anyone else's. As said here, it's all just showing off, different ways of saying "Look what I can afford..." which isn't what most people want to hear when they're deciding whether to pay the rent of buy food for the kids. To top it off, most of them look bloomin' awful despite claiming to use all this crap they flog.

I keep away from fb now ...had awful experiences on their ....ugh ...opens up a whole porthole of evil imho ...
People behaved in a way towards me that was devastating. ...friends too ...don't miss it either

Latest posts

Back