Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World announces
    UK Launch of Moppy by Polti

Ideal World is delighted to announce the arrival of Moppy by Polti a brand new cleaning system designed to make your cleaning life easier. Making its UK debut live on Ideal World TV at 10pm on Thursday 22nd June, Moppy will launch for the exclusive price of 99.99 (usual price 129.99) to celebrate its arrival!

With its double clean function as a dust sweeper and also as a hygienic cleaner, Moppy removes dirt and bacteria from all surfaces including floors and vertical surfaces too. Using the hot steam charged cloths, which are easy to remove and wash, Moppy is 99.9% effective at removing 4 main types of bacteria, including E.Coli due to the unique material of the microfiber cloths - making your cleaning routine thorough and quick too.

Lightweight and portable, this cordless floor cleaner has extra manoeuvrability with its 360 degree rotation. Combined with its flat and flexible shape and head, Moppy can reach virtually anywhere! And its ready in ten seconds too for a speedy clean when you need it most.

Read More

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

I'm a big fan of FB (most definitely each to their own of course) but there are two hard and fast rules I live by:

1. Never post personal stuff on there (that goes for pics too) - it ain't interesting to anyone but yourself and I don't want people knowing too much about me
      2. Never get involved in any kind of 'exchange' as it will invariably lead to unpleasantness/trolling - ignore any sh*tty comments and don't rise to the trolls

For someone like Chuntley, it's impossible to live by those rules as she obviously gets a lot/most of her self worth from the adulation she receives online...problem with that is you have to take the rough with the smooth, i.e. if you let a lot of sycophants in, you'll also let a lot of toxic folk in too - you can't have it both ways!

› See More: Catherine Huntley - has she been targeted via online abuse?
      Thanks donna255 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by May View Post
      I keep away from fb now ...had awful experiences on their ....ugh ...opens up a whole porthole of evil imho ...
      People behaved in a way towards me that was devastating. ...friends too ...don't miss it either
      How awful! Why can't people on FB be like the people on here? This is practically the only online place where I find we can talk like friends do over a cuppa or glass of something relaxing! OK, we b!tch about QVC a bit (or a lot, depending how they are treating us!) but the tone is very, very rarely anything but good-natured between us.
      Thanks May , shopperholic thanked for this post
      Likes Evie , Bettyboo , Tarketta , Anna , Vienna liked this post

3.    Sewing Quarter

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      How awful! Why can't people on FB be like the people on here? This is practically the only online place where I find we can talk like friends do over a cuppa or glass of something relaxing! OK, we b!tch about QVC a bit (or a lot, depending how they are treating us!) but the tone is very, very rarely anything but good-natured between us.
      Me too Andi, I feel exactly the same.
      Likes Glittergirl, May , Evie , Tarketta , AndiK liked this post

5.    Price Crash

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
    I'm a big fan of FB (most definitely each to their own of course) but there are two hard and fast rules I live by:

1. Never post personal stuff on there (that goes for pics too) - it ain't interesting to anyone but yourself and I don't want people knowing too much about me
    2. Never get involved in any kind of 'exchange' as it will invariably lead to unpleasantness/trolling - ignore any sh*tty comments and don't rise to the trolls

For someone like Chuntley, it's impossible to live by those rules as she obviously gets a lot/most of her self worth from the adulation she receives online...problem with that is you have to take the rough with the smooth, i.e. if you let a lot of sycophants in, you'll also let a lot of toxic folk in too - you can't have it both ways!
    It is genuinely nice to hear that some of us have a positive experience of FB - in your case, probably because of your personal "rules". You probably don't use it as much as some of the more obsessive people I know. To be fair, in many cases the novelty has definitely worn off in the past couple of years and they seem to have improved their privacy settings too.
    Thanks Lemonpop, Tarketta thanked for this post
    Likes May , shopperholic liked this post

•    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

I have facebook but I post very little on it. I sometimes shake my head at people who post their every single movement on it but I just scroll past and their posts are harmless even if somewhat boring.
    I joined facebook when my oldest son was out in Afghanistan. He was only allowed one phone card per week and it was almost impossible for him to get a signal on his mobile let alone terribly expensive too so he relied heavily on that phonecard to contact home. Of course his wife and children were first in the queue for that call but when he was back from patrols or from being out in the field and on down time in Camp Bastion they could access computers and because of the time difference I knew if there was a post on his facebook when I logged on in the morning that he was safe and well.
    Facebook saved me many a worry so for that I`ll always be glad I signed up to it.

•    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Me too Andi, I feel exactly the same.
    And we have a fair few laughs, don't we? I literally have tears of laughter running down my face sometimes.
    Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
    Likes May , Lemonpop liked this post

•    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
    I have facebook but I post very little on it. I sometimes shake my head at people who post their every single movement on it but I just scroll past and their posts are harmless even if somewhat boring.
    I joined facebook when my oldest son was out in Afghanistan. He was only allowed one phone card per week and it was almost impossible for him to get a signal on his mobile let alone terribly expensive too so he relied heavily on that phonecard to contact home. Of course his wife and children were first in the queue for that call but when he was back from patrols or from being out in the field and on down time in Camp Bastion they could access computers and because of the time difference I knew if there was a post on his facebook when I logged on in the morning that he was safe and well.
    Facebook saved me many a worry so for that I`ll always be glad I signed up to it.
    Now that's what you call an excellent reason to have a Facebook account! It's made me a little emotional!
    Likes May , Tarketta , shopperholic liked this post

•    Sponsored Links

Post Thanks / Like

And we have a fair few laughs, don't we? I literally have tears of laughter running down my face sometimes.
    Aw yeah Andi we do have a laugh, it's great isn't it.
    Likes May , Lemonpop, AndiK liked this post

•    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    Aw yeah Andi we do have a laugh, it's great isn't it.

It is. Sometimes you lower the tone a bit .... but I love it! ("Oh you are awful", etc...)

Likes Lemonpop, Anna liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha! And I bet they looked at you like you have two heads. Don't you love it when people (try to) suggest you are so old-fashioned because you don't use FB and Twitter, or you must be very bored and lonely without them? In fact, the opposite is usually true!
    Oh I can SO identify with that !

I've lost count of 'lunches with friends' when they start chirping away about some Facebook item, and then turn to me and say "Oh, you're not on Facebook are you". Rolling my eyes I say "nope, and I don't have a smartphone or ipad either, but look, I'm still here, still breathing and with a heartbeat too, isn't that amazing " - my friends know me, so don't take offence.

I also carry around a small photograph album that people can actually hold, feel and look at (when the need arises), and oh the novelty of it all, - but its always produced positive comments - as opposed to being shown a series of 'flicked' images on a two inch screen !!!
    Likes AndiK , Tarketta liked this post