Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Breaking news - the Csarite Mine is closed

Just switched on and seen them in a panic cause the Csarite Mine has been closed unexpectedly so what do Gems do, have hours selling the stuff off. Surely if the mine is closed it will gain in value so why flog if off now or are they just trying to panic people into buying the stuff because they've got loads in the vault and as if by magic, another mine will be found and opened. Its like Tanzanite, that was supposed to have run out years ago.

Am I being cynical.
      Thanks Petespants thanked for this post
      Likes donna255 liked this post

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

You're definitely not being cynical. If you watch the clip on their FB page carefully, AD says outright that it might only be temporary. I can't find anything on Google about it either. As you say, as with Tanzanite, Sleeping Beauty Turquoise and probably others, retailers will have stocked up.

I have yet to see a piece of Turkish Diaspore from Gems that impressed me. They may have in their Arthur Ivy collection but the colour shift is only really noticeable in larger sizes - something even Gems has said on Feefo in response to a bad review. Rocks & Co got it right in that respect. Ok, so their prices were strong but the 3 way colour shift was obvious in the studio. I've never seen it on Gems. Probably just me but I prefer Andalusite.
      Likes Petespants liked this post

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, you would think the Queen had died by the replies on Angeline's facebook page. Get a grip people. Its not the end of the world
      Likes Petespants liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Its just another sales ploy in my opinion ..Tanzanite ,Sleeping Beauty Turqoise to name two.Then they sell tons of the stuff at rock bottom prices .I think if mines are closed then the gems they have left should be increasing in price .All the jewellery channels do it.

The only thing I know of that is no longer sold is Coral because its now protected in law.
      Thanks Petespants thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have looked and also cannot find any info' on the mine closing. If they are saying this to boost sales then it's another reason I wouldn't buy.Do they think we can't read? I am not really bothered whether or not I have any Czarite as the larger carat weights of any quality are too expensive as it's not a favourite stone of mine.I like the colour play within Andalusite .I would really like lots of Alexandrite !

Last edited by Petespants; 15-07-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not keen on Czarite either.

Does Steve own part of the Czarite mine? I thought a few years back, if memory serves me right, that he said he loved the stone and so 'bought the mine'.

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
      I am not keen on Czarite either.

Does Steve own part of the Czarite mine? I thought a few years back, if memory serves me right, that he said he loved the stone and so 'bought the mine'.
      According to my research a man called Murat owns the mine containing the Diaspore. Czarite and Zultanite are both trade marked names for the stone which are owned by Gemporia.Whether they own a part of the mine or have bought rights to mine a specific area I couldn't see.
      Thanks Anna thanked for this post
      Likes historymystery liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not a fan of the stone at all.
      DONNA

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petespants View Post
      According to my research a man called Murat owns the mine containing the Diaspore. Czarite and Zultanite are both trade marked names for the stone which are owned by Gemporia.Whether they own a part of the mine or have bought rights to mine a specific area I couldn't see.
      Yep. Zultanite (Worldwide), Csarite (TGGC only) and Turkizite (TJC group) are all the same gem from the same location. Murat disassociated himself from the various trademarks recently and now refers to it simply as Turkish Diaspore. Diaspore is not unique to Turkey and, although the three brand names are just commercial stuff and nonsense, they do provide some assurance that the variety of Diaspore that you're buying is from that location in Turkey and has those colour shift properties.
      Thanks Anna , Petespants thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well good luck to them as they stake their claims and put their brand names onto the stones . I'm sure some customers will be buying in bulk'just in case'.I won't .
      Last edited by Petespants; 15-07-2017 at 02:01 PM.