Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

They've got previous for this sort of thing. Years ago, presenter Angeline came on telling us that there was going to be an export embargo on opals, and that Gems might not be able to feature them again, yada, yada, yada. Since then, I've not noticed Ethiopian or any type of Australian opals disappearing, they are freely available on Gems and other websites. I think the answer could be that they have a Csarite overstock in their vaults - it can't be a coincidence that a month or so ago they were having regular Csarite shows, to the point where a supposedly 'rare' commodity was on nearly every day of the week, either as individuals pieces or whole hours! Could it be that there was a 'push' on, to get rid of it? I can't say it would be the end of the world to me if there was no more Csarite - a pretty stone with a definite colour change, but not a stone I'd rave over.

Quote Originally Posted by puffin48 View Post
      Just switched on and seen them in a panic cause the Csarite Mine has been closed unexpectedly so what do Gems do, have hours selling the stuff off. Surely if the mine is closed it will gain in value so why flog if off now or are they just trying to panic people into buying the stuff because they've got loads in the vault and as if by magic, another mine will be found and opened. Its like Tanzanite, that was supposed to have run out years ago.

Am I being cynical.

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Steve Bennett always referred to Murat as the owner of the mine, and Murat has been to England on several occasions, featuring on Gems talking about the stone and the mining operations.
      Quote Originally Posted by Petespants View Post
      According to my research a man called Murat owns the mine containing the Diaspore. Czarite and Zultanite are both trade marked names for the stone which are owned by Gemporia.Whether they own a part of the mine or have bought rights to mine a specific area I couldn't see.

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Czarite doesn do it for me either,i like something with colour in it and unless you buy a large stone i would think its going to rather pale, as for the mine closing well i cant find anything on the internet that is telling me so, sounds like a sales ploy to me from a getting desperate company whose sales are falling,maybe due to the wasted money spent on trying to expand and the ever changing policies and formats,personally i wouldnt trust anything a presenter said as its all fed down the earpiece from the sales manager.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by missmarple View Post
      Czarite doesn do it for me either,i like something with colour in it and unless you buy a large stone i would think its going to rather pale, as for the mine closing well i cant find anything on the internet that is telling me so, sounds like a sales ploy to me from a getting desperate company whose sales are falling,maybe due to the wasted money spent on trying to expand and the ever changing policies and formats,personally i wouldnt trust anything a presenter said as its all fed down the earpiece from the sales manager.
      Its never appealed to me either. I couldn't believe the hysteria that night when I switched on and saw behind the presenter MINE CLOSED and then Jim came on all flustered saying what an unexpected shock it was so lets sell like mad.

Now surely people aren't gullible enough to be sucked in. My first thought was, that they must have got loads to get rid of so that was their ploy to do it. I doubt anyone outside of Gems knows anything about the stone. I cant imagine the likes of Hinds of Samuels stocking it