Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skin sense

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are probably plent of companies churning out skin care products who for a fee will put anyone's name to the product as long as they can sell the stuff. Beauty Magazines will promote any old stuff as long as the columnist gets plenty of freebies in return for great reviews.

Likes AndiK liked this post

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Abbi is just a marketing person. That's what her company does. The idea that she created any of these products is ridiculous. She may have created the label and the branding, but that's about it.
      Likes AndiK liked this post

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying the Tundra Charga pressed serum it's made from mushroom extract ,so far so good it's available on qvc America as it's had a lot of press,I bought mine from Selfridges so hopefully Q will sell it in the Uk.
      Likes MrMarple , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking in on this last night and we all know what a vivid imagination JF has in respect of what she uses (!) but I couldn't believe her on this show. There is a show that has been on a couple of times, Zelens I think it is, and they sell an eye cream for about 70. At the time JF said that it was the only eye cream she could use or would touch because she has such sensitive skin round her eyes. Funnily enough, I recall her saying the same thing about Perricone on occasion too. Last night she told Abby that she might be tempted to try the new range as she has been using a single brand of eye cream for years and years because she can't use others. It turned out, this brand was Gatineau! As I was attempting to digest this monster pork pie, it did leave me wondering where the truth really lies? Does she really not think we can see through the claptrap? It completely destroys any credibility she might have as a salesperson because you know you can't trust a thing she says. I certainly wouldn't want her fronting my products if I was Gatineau (or any other brand) because she has more crows feet than the Tower of London!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
      I think there are probably plent of companies churning out skin care products who for a fee will put anyone's name to the product as long as they can sell the stuff. Beauty Magazines will promote any old stuff as long as the columnist gets plenty of freebies in return for great reviews.
      No,it all about paying for the advertising space in the mags. That is where the magazine makes the money so a brand which buys the ad pages gets the big reviews. A beauty mag editor once broke ranks and total all. If a company is spending to advertise in the mag then you better say nice things, or could find yourself out of a job because said company will pull their budget.

Its the online blogger/vloggers who will rave about products for freebies.
      Thanks Bettyboo thanked for this post
      Likes China Girl , shopperholic liked this post

DONNA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
      I was looking in on this last night and we all know what a vivid imagination JF has in respect of what she uses (!) but I couldn't believe her on this show. There is a show that has been on a couple of times, Zelens I think it is, and they sell an eye cream for about 70. At the time JF said that it was the only eye cream she could use or would touch because she has such sensitive skin round her eyes. Funnily enough, I recall her saying the same thing about Perricone on occasion too. Last night she told Abby that she might be tempted to try the new range as she has been using a single brand of eye cream for years and years because she can't use others. It turned out, this brand was Gatineau! As I was attempting to digest this monster pork pie, it did leave me wondering where the truth really lies? Does she really not think we can see through the claptrap? It completely destroys any credibility she might have as a salesperson because you know you can't trust a thing she says. I certainly wouldn't want her fronting my products if I was Gatineau (or any other brand) because she has more crows feet than the Tower of London!
      Rumours are Zelens might be pulling out to of the UK, the brand is on discount in a number of places. A whole 10-15 off in some cases.
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

DONNA

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moth View Post
      And so does Andrew!
      Likes donna255 , boffy , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have have heard JF say she only uses Bobbi Brown, only uses BM, only uses Laura Geller and the list goes on and on. She forgets what she says and takes us all for idiots. I am hardly watching Q anymore they all get on my nerves with the constant lies and pushing for sales.
      I would say by looking at her JF does not wear much make-up she hardly looks like she makes any effort.

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
      And so does Andrew!
      andrew bagely how apt is his name. his skin is not good at all.

Post Thanks / Like

We've all said it before I know, but Jill Franks is no advert for any skincare product. She tells guests that she is 50, as if they and us are meant to be amazed, she looks older than that, her skin is dull and dry looking---imo.

Zelens has gone from our Space NK, I wondered why, now Donna has said it's been withdrawn, so that explains it.
      Likes shopperholic , Tarketta liked this post