Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

Read More

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pointless Rant!

Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Pointless Rant!

I am confused (yeah yeah yeah, no sniggering out there in 'digital land'), but I always thought the first day of the week was Sunday (except if it is a 'working week' (not something I know anything about, seen as the wonderful PM and cohorts have been paying my wages for the last decade or so )(yes I am a 'dole bludger', so any connotations you want to make about me and that particular scenario please feel free (they are probably all going to be super accurate (especially if they are in the negative)))

Yes, I also know that the above English Grammar is not super-accurate, (in any way shape or form), but to all you teachers, or ye olde 'English Police' out there, please don't judge too harshly, as my brain is slowly turning to 'mush' owing to the fact that it is not being used to its full extent :)

Right back to the origional ranting for this post, what is the first day of the QVC week?

The reason I ask is that I have just been watching the QVC Selection hour and they are selling tights, for £12 (I kid you not), I mean really who is going to pay that for that? The blurb on the top stated that they were 'New This Week', well if Sunday is the first day of the week, then surely it should have been a 'new today'. Now I know this is a 'pointless rant' (ah that is a good name for the title thread, hang on...., just type it in the appropriate place!), but it was just a tad confusing, could anyone enlighten!

Ramble over!

› See More: Pointless Rant!
      Likes Petespants, Lemonpop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well the week on the TV guide runs Monday to Sunday. But who knows if they are consistent?????? They aren't generally are they!
      Likes Petespants, AndiK liked this post

3.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I've always considered Monday to be the first day of the week, hence Saturday and Sunday being called the "weekend" as in end of the week, and Sunday being a day of rest after the busy week, but as for the QVC staff and it being "busy" especially presenters who just stand and talk and live in their own little world.......who knows?

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      I've always considered Monday to be the first day of the week, hence Saturday and Sunday being called the "weekend" as in end of the week, and Sunday being a day of rest after the busy week, but as for the QVC staff and it being "busy" especially presenters who just stand and talk and live in their own little world.......who knows?
      Me too and the three paper diaries I have all show Monday as the first day on the page. In the bible, wasn't Sunday the final day, when God had a rest after all the tiring earth-creating stuff?
      Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
      Likes Anna , Petespants, Tarketta liked this post

7.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
      Me too and the three paper diaries I have all show Monday as the first day on the page. In the bible, wasn't Sunday the final day, when God had a rest after all the tiring earth-creating stuff?
      Thanks Andi, we've got a calendar that we hang in the kitchen, that too starts the new week on a Monday
      Likes Petespants, AndiK liked this post

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks one and all for putting me right, I am always amazed and not only why people read my 'pointless rants' but that people also reply and conversations (well in a digital format), start anyone would think that what I type is 'mildly interesting' (sorry for deafening, with the sound of the trumpet that I have just blown, due to my arrogance!), I just always assumed that Sunday was the start of the week, guess then that I am (shock horror), in the wrong (I mean come on how often does that happen (well on a scale of one to ten) ten (obviously)! No I have just done a 'quick google', which I guess I could have done before I started this 'pointless rant', and yep you are all correct (which is obviously going to be the case), Monday is classed as the first day of the week in the International Organisation for Standardisation (yep, there is such a thing), classified Monday as the first day of the week, I suppose this is because we live in an ever secular/multi-faith world and as such instead of preferencing one day of the week over another 'a la a religion', they [IOS], decided to have a the start of the working week (though saying that this is becoming less and less so seen as more and more people are working at the weekend), as the first day of the week.

Thanks once again for all your comments, guess that means those tights had featured on various Morning/Lunchtime shows during the week, but still £12 seemed a lot to me for a pair of tights!
      Likes Petespants liked this post

11.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Yorkrose why do you always do yourself down ? I find your posts just as interesting as anybody else`s and as worthy of replies. Your opinion is as valid as the rest of the forumites on any subject you,me or anybody else deem to talk about. You are obviously intelligent, literate and observant so please stop telling us your opinion and posts are not important to the forum, they are !

13.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
      Yorkrose why do you always do yourself down ? I find your posts just as interesting as anybody else`s and as worthy of replies. Your opinion is as valid as the rest of the forumites on any subject you,me or anybody else deem to talk about. You are obviously intelligent, literate and observant so please stop telling us your opinion and posts are not important to the forum, they are !
      Yorkrose, totally agree with Vienna, it's one of the reasons why I like this forum - people post interesting and intriguing questions/statements and make really valid points, which make you think. Life out there in the real world is so damn depressing and prosaic, it's questions like yours that provide a welcome bit of thoughtful escapism - never apologise for that
      Thanks yorkrose26 thanked for this post
      Likes Akimbo liked this post

15.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vienna View Post
      Thanks for that, I am one of life's 'half-empty' people and no matter how many people say otherwise (and again thank you for your very kind comments), I am still am 'half-empty'.

Though I think I am going to once again 'simmer down' my postings for the time-being! (possibly _

17.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

YR, I too am a half empty person and I even depress myself at times! I'll bet you are a bit of a perfectionist (comes with the HE syndrome IMO).

Great thing about this forum is you can come and go as you please and know someone else is even more ranting than you at any particular moment- but the craic is good in Cricklewood and that is what lightens it all. Ye Gods if we were depending on Q making us happy we would wait a long long time. The only thing it is now good for is to take the ****.
      I can only please one person per day and to-day it's my turn

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising