Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
      Post Thanks / Like

Default 25 for a laundry basket, 12 for some tile cleaner

Just saw Jilly Halliday presenting a laundry basket for 25. Its unique selling point was its retractable legs that automatically fold when the basket is lifted. They kept picking up and putting down the basket, producing an annoying sound like a machine gun. Ooooh and they throw a few clothes pegs in! Big f***ing deal! What a load of overpriced rubbish!

Same for the Lakeland "Vamoose" cleaner - 12 for that. I guarantee that the Astonish products I get from the Pound Shop work just as well

These items just seem like "bran new" con tricks.

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Default 22 for a sink unblocker

It seems that there's no end to the number of vastly overpriced "household helper" products QVC is prepared to peddle. I think the only thing they are helping is themselves - to people's money, preying like vultures on the ill-informed. What sensible person would pay 22 for a sink unblocker when 1) they shouldn't be pouring fat down the sink drain anyway and 2) one can always purchase a sodium hydroxide-based product from the Pound Shop?

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell is Jilly H wearing? A terrible Renee TSV possibly?
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

I can only please one person per day and to-day it's my turn

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 for some aluminium foil!

I swear either I am losing the plot, or perhaps QVC are. They have just demonstrated some aluminium baking foil. So as if to demonstrate its strength, the guest just lifted a house brick with the foil. Terrific (!)...... but....erm... please tell me when I am EVER going to have the need to do that? What is wrong with the 1 foil I buy? Answer: NOTHING.
      Thanks brissles thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Default 15.50 for 2 "bags for life"

Yet another overpriced Lakeland product. They just touted 2 "trolley bags" that, from what I could see, are just vastly overpriced "bags for life." They were hawking them under the pretext that "supermarket carrier bags are just getting thinner and thinner." NO THEY ARE NOT! There is NOTHING in that Lakeland hour that couldn't be sourced from the Pound Shop.

Likes Petespants, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific! Perhaps it's for people who put a lot of filling in their sandwiches? Bought some baking foil at the weekend - 75p in Asda! Funnily enough, I didn't feel tempted to rush home and use it to lift a brick - maybe I should get out more? I just do not know how these presenters keep a straight face - I would be laughing my head off if I had to demonstrate the overpriced carp they flog.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
      I swear either I am losing the plot, or perhaps QVC are. They have just demonstrated some aluminium baking foil. So as if to demonstrate its strength, the guest just lifted a house brick with the foil. Terrific (!)...... but....erm... please tell me when I am EVER going to have the need to do that? What is wrong with the 1 foil I buy? Answer: NOTHING.

9.    Gemporia

Post Thanks / Like

They must be making HUGE profits on this cleaning stuff, ever mind factoring in the extortionate p & p.
      Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
      Just saw Jilly Halliday presenting a laundry basket for 25. Its unique selling point was its retractable legs that automatically fold when the basket is lifted. They kept picking up and putting down the basket, producing an annoying sound like a machine gun. Ooooh and they throw a few clothes pegs in! Big f***ing deal! What a load of overpriced rubbish!

Same for the Lakeland "Vamoose" cleaner - 12 for that. I guarantee that the Astonish products I get from the Pound Shop work just as well

These items just seem like "bran new" con tricks.
      Likes Petespants, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Steady on chaps! I won't hear a word against the 4 supermarket bags for 15.50. These are my YC stash bags and the large ones are full to the brim. So they are very heavy and the bags are very sturdy. I love them. They were bought for that purpose though, they are not for shopping!!!! I also bought an expensive set of three recycling bags as I had just had a grey kitchen put in and thought they would look good. But I don't use them so at the moment they are in reserve as YC overflow bags. And as my flat got partly flooded last week, they may have been needed. Be Prepared!!!!!

Likes maymorganlondon , Tarketta liked this post

12.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      They must be making HUGE profits on this cleaning stuff, ever mind factoring in the extortionate p & p.
      I'm guessing it's a big seller for them as there is almost as much of it now as beauty!
      Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
      Steady on chaps! I won't hear a word against the 4 supermarket bags for 15.50. These are my YC stash bags and the large ones are full to the brim. So they are very heavy and the bags are very sturdy. I love them. They were bought for that purpose though, they are not for shopping!!!! I also bought an expensive set of three recycling bags as I had just had a grey kitchen put in and thought they would look good. But I don't use them so at the moment they are in reserve as YC overflow bags. And as my flat got partly flooded last week, they may have been needed. Be Prepared!!!!!

Um, what's YC ??

As I get older I appear to be getting more rubbish at identifying 'initial speak', and rack my brains trying to decipher it.