Wrong item received but it's better than what I ordered

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's good you can continue to shop with "clean hands" just wish QVCs hands were just as squeaky clean when sending used goods out to customers on the hope they don't notice and keep them, technically sending out second hand goods and charging full price, there's got to be a law break somewhere there. They failed miserably in my case though, I had a Ninja with dried food on the inside, a Kipling bag with someone's returns invoice in the pocket, Brikenstocks with gravel on the sole and a Yankee Candle votive holder with melted wax on the inside. Don't get me wrong, these weren't the only second hand goods sent out in my twenty years shopping with QVC, these were four of the last five things I ordered, so I closed my account three years ago, because I was disgusted with that, and the overall service, ah yes, if only QVC hands were spotlessly clean.

I never judge anyone, and I know two wrongs don't make a right but for every time they've messed you around, if you like it, keep it and bollocks to them (oops! pardon my French. :mysmilie_17:)

As you didn't actually ask them to send what you got, they can be considered unsolicited goods and the law states that you can keep them. It's part of The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.

But the company has up to 6 years to claim them back. But its up to them to discover the problem and do this.

This one pops up on the moneysaving site quite a bit. Can I keep the 4K Ultra TV which has just been delivered and I know nothing about? Oh and can I sell it if I want? :mysmilie_17:

I am not squeaky clean!

That's good you can continue to shop with "clean hands" just wish QVCs hands were just as squeaky clean when sending used goods out to customers on the hope they don't notice and keep them, technically sending out second hand goods and charging full price, there's got to be a law break somewhere there. They failed miserably in my case though, I had a Ninja with dried food on the inside, a Kipling bag with someone's returns invoice in the pocket, Brikenstocks with gravel on the sole and a Yankee Candle votive holder with melted wax on the inside. Don't get me wrong, these weren't the only second hand goods sent out in my twenty years shopping with QVC, these were four of the last five things I ordered, so I closed my account three years ago, because I was disgusted with that, and the overall service, ah yes, if only QVC hands were spotlessly clean.

I never judge anyone, and I know two wrongs don't make a right but for every time they've messed you around, if you like it, keep it and bollocks to them (oops! pardon my French. :mysmilie_17:)

I don't want anyone thinking I am 'squeaky clean', but I do have a conscience (or rather a very healthy, genuine (thankfully never realised), fear of 'door-knockers' from various organisations (I was one of the few people who procured a TV licence when I was living in Halls of Residence even though I was only ever there for two days of the week, this again was because I could better afford the £110 (see that this was a 'couple of years ago'), than whatever fine etc that would have been). I am one of those people who likes to 'be square' with the world and whilst I do own debt, it is not 'unlicensed debt'!

I know that it can be a hassle etc, but I would have twinges every time I would use said product, I can remember once though receiving the wrong spec of computer and when I contacted them, they were quite adamant that it was the right one, just that the specs had been altered since the time I bought it, that I had no guilt from, because I had contacted them, whether they wouldn't admit, couldn't be bothered or if this was actually the case it didn't actually matter, as I had spoken and they 'ok'ed' it!

I don't want anyone thinking I am 'squeaky clean', but I do have a conscience (or rather a very healthy, genuine (thankfully never realised), fear of 'door-knockers' from various organisations (I was one of the few people who procured a TV licence when I was living in Halls of Residence even though I was only ever there for two days of the week, this again was because I could better afford the £110 (see that this was a 'couple of years ago'), than whatever fine etc that would have been). I am one of those people who likes to 'be square' with the world and whilst I do own debt, it is not 'unlicensed debt'!

I know that it can be a hassle etc, but I would have twinges every time I would use said product, I can remember once though receiving the wrong spec of computer and when I contacted them, they were quite adamant that it was the right one, just that the specs had been altered since the time I bought it, that I had no guilt from, because I had contacted them, whether they wouldn't admit, couldn't be bothered or if this was actually the case it didn't actually matter, as I had spoken and they 'ok'ed' it!

I was just replying to Minnehaha on the previous page yorkrose, with hindsight maybe I should've included the comment in my reply. There's nothing wrong with being "squeaky clean" absolutely nothing at all, I was just replying that QVC haven't exactly got "clean hands" (the comment is at the bottom of page two) but like I say it's not my place to judge anyone, and I'm not and never will.

If it was a small independent business then I would tell them.

With QVC - I'd keep it, due to my own negative experiences with them, and those of others also.

QVC are a multinational, they (should have) the systems in place to stop errors like this happening, yet they can't be arsed - you've only got to look on here or on Facebook to see the numerous complaints about errors they have made.

Their customer service is poor (and therefore their respect to the customer is poor) so I wouldn't go out of my way to correct their error which is in my favour.

Last year, QVC sent me an expensive Elemis set, which I use, instead of an Elemis cleanser. I contacted QVC and the correct order was dispatched immediately; I returned the wrong item by return, and subsequently claimed for the postage.

That pre paid address label should have been immediately dispatched to you.

I was just replying to Minnehaha on the previous page yorkrose, with hindsight maybe I should've included the comment in my reply. There's nothing wrong with being "squeaky clean" absolutely nothing at all, I was just replying that QVC haven't exactly got "clean hands" (the comment is at the bottom of page two) but like I say it's not my place to judge anyone, and I'm not and never will.

No, I know you weren't (honestly, this is sincere, I know your style/stance now, from the months on this forum, to realise you weren't 'having a go at me' (even 'jesterly'), I just wanted to re-iterate the point that I am probably 'over' when it comes to this, I think it stems from the fact that my grandparents were 'one knock away from the workhouse door'! So no again I know that you were not intimating anything and believe you me I am not in any way shape or form 'squeaky clean'!!

Shopperholic, I, too, would feel as aggrieved as you and would have closed my account, were I to have received a batch of second-hand goods instead of the brand new ones that I ordered. In fact, I would have blown my top. I have, on a couple of occasions, received such items and on each occasion made my annoyance quite clear, orally and in writing, to QVC.

As many on the forum – including you - have noted, the best thing one can do when service is shoddy, is to stop purchasing from QVC, or to purchase only when the goods cannot be obtained elsewhere or at a better price.

The objective of my post was to draw the distinction between the way the law treats unsolicited goods and those sent out by mistake. I made it clear that the whether the OP chooses to keep the goods is her call. I then gave the reasoning behind my decision to inform QVC of its mistake; legally the goods were not mine to keep.

No, I know you weren't (honestly, this is sincere, I know your style/stance now, from the months on this forum, to realise you weren't 'having a go at me' (even 'jesterly'), I just wanted to re-iterate the point that I am probably 'over' when it comes to this, I think it stems from the fact that my grandparents were 'one knock away from the workhouse door'! So no again I know that you were not intimating anything and believe you me I am not in any way shape or form 'squeaky clean'!!

Aw yr, honestly don't worry about it my forum buddy, like you I never thought anything but thank you. :mysmilie_3: :mysmilie_508:

Shopperholic, I, too, would feel as aggrieved as you and would have closed my account, were I to have received a batch of second-hand goods instead of the brand new ones that I ordered. In fact, I would have blown my top. I have, on a couple of occasions, received such items and on each occasion made my annoyance quite clear, orally and in writing, to QVC.

As many on the forum – including you - have noted, the best thing one can do when service is shoddy, is to stop purchasing from QVC, or to purchase only when the goods cannot be obtained elsewhere or at a better price.

The objective of my post was to draw the distinction between the way the law treats unsolicited goods and those sent out by mistake. I made it clear that the whether the OP chooses to keep the goods is her call. I then gave the reasoning behind my decision to inform QVC of its mistake; legally the goods were not mine to keep.

Yes I did let my feet make the decision and walk away and I've never looked back, also there's nothing I really need from QVC as I found when I closed my account. It's each to their I think and what ever you're comfortable with.

Gosh, so many different ways of looking at my situation, thanks to everyone for a fascinating response. This is why I enjoy this forum, an opportunity to have a good debate without being "jumped on" for disagreeing. On balance, I'm sticking to my original plan and keeping the item. I don't know who was supposed to get it, but they should be able to ask customer services to sort them out, it's not an unusual product. After shopping with QVC since the beginning, I've been on the receiving end of enough of their mistakes and duff products so it's quid pro quo as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts

Back