Becca Cosmetics TSV 16/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ignore me. I got mixed up with the primer in the tube.

The purple one does all skin types.

Ah, thanks Donna. All these primers - too confusing. And I won't ignore you, no, because generally you give me far more information than anyone at QVC, on air or otherwise!

I've got the one in the tube for oily skin and it doesn't work for me I'm afraid - I'm using it up in the 'summer' months, but I always go back to Laura Geller's spackle.

AndiK, will look forward to hearing your thoughts on your purchase - I still wish I'd bought it!

I will, Tarketta. We did umm and ahh, didn't we? At one stage, I had two different shades in my basket, both on Auto Delivery, all because of the free P&P! I thought I could return/sell/cancel ADs for what I didn't want, or mix the shades .... Anyway, one is on its way so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I think I mentioned on here a few weeks ago about the red patchiness on one side of my face from the boiling water (ouch again, even though it no longer hurts). So I'm always looking for decent coverage but it's a fine line between good coverage and overdone/cakiness. I'll try a thin layer.

Primers - I like Laura Geller's original Spackle but is it mainly for under the powder-type foundations? I am never sure - ditto with the bareMinerals primers. I mainly use liquid/cream foundations.

I will, Tarketta. We did umm and ahh, didn't we? At one stage, I had two different shades in my basket, both on Auto Delivery, all because of the free P&P! I thought I could return/sell/cancel ADs for what I didn't want, or mix the shades .... Anyway, one is on its way so I'm looking forward to trying it out. I think I mentioned on here a few weeks ago about the red patchiness on one side of my face from the boiling water (ouch again, even though it no longer hurts). So I'm always looking for decent coverage but it's a fine line between good coverage and overdone/cakiness. I'll try a thin layer.

Primers - I like Laura Geller's original Spackle but is it mainly for under the powder-type foundations? I am never sure - ditto with the bareMinerals primers. I mainly use liquid/cream foundations.

Oh my goodness, I think I got up to about 6 times it was in and out of my basket before I eventually 'stepped away' from my laptop! I'm glad I did as looking properly at the reviews, I think the Buff shade I thought was my best match would have been too dark for me...still would have liked to try the primer though, sigh. Nope, have way too much in the stash to think about adding more!

Which shade did you go for in the end? How is your poor face as well, glad to hear it doesn't hurt anymore?

As for Spackle, I use it under any and all foundation types as I chop and change depending on my skin/season/weather and as long as you give it a few mins to settle on the skin, I find it works beautifully. My favourite is the ethereal one as that definitely imparts a very subtle glow to my skin, but I'm currently working my way through the last bits of the bronze one from the Tili box last year. I've tried quite a few of the BM ones and whilst they sound good on paper, I've been largely underwhelmed by them - I've got a Tarte one to try next and I do like the Mally one.

Oh my goodness, I think I got up to about 6 times it was in and out of my basket before I eventually 'stepped away' from my laptop! I'm glad I did as looking properly at the reviews, I think the Buff shade I thought was my best match would have been too dark for me...still would have liked to try the primer though, sigh. Nope, have way too much in the stash to think about adding more!

Which shade did you go for in the end? How is your poor face as well, glad to hear it doesn't hurt anymore?

As for Spackle, I use it under any and all foundation types as I chop and change depending on my skin/season/weather and as long as you give it a few mins to settle on the skin, I find it works beautifully. My favourite is the ethereal one as that definitely imparts a very subtle glow to my skin, but I'm currently working my way through the last bits of the bronze one from the Tili box last year. I've tried quite a few of the BM ones and whilst they sound good on paper, I've been largely underwhelmed by them - I've got a Tarte one to try next and I do like the Mally one.

Well, I went for the Buff too. I'm worried now if you think this would be too dark for you as you are already a darker shade than me in bareMinerals. Whoops! It was the best match according to the Becca site and another shade-matcher thing I checked for my Estée Lauder Sand shade. I should have gone for the Cashmere but it looked too pink on all the online swatch pics. Oh well, never mind - I knew it was a risk.

My face is fine, honestly. At the time (last year), it looked a right mess and I thought I'd be permanently scarred but you can't feel it with fingertips and it's just the red patches where it peeled. Obviously, I was (and still am) all the more careful to apply sun screen.

Thanks for the primer advice. I have only tried about three or four brands and I don't see much difference between them to be honest. I do see a difference in the finish of my make-up when I've used one, though. Like you say, it's important to make sure it's set, or dried down, whatever it is that happens after a few minutes.

My TSV is still showing as processing, not happy as I wanted it for the weekend and TSV deliveries have been a lot quicker of late.

My TSV is still showing as processing, not happy as I wanted it for the weekend and TSV deliveries have been a lot quicker of late.

Mine is still in process too, but I didn't order till late in the day and that often makes a difference. I'm in no hurry but sorry if you are. You may be lucky??

Mine is still in process too, but I didn't order till late in the day and that often makes a difference. I'm in no hurry but sorry if you are. You may be lucky??

My order is now marked "shipped" - I haven't had the email yet so cannot track it though.

My order is now marked "shipped" - I haven't had the email yet so cannot track it though.

Will look forward to hearing about it when it arrives and I'm sure the colour will be fine on you - sorry to worry you re the buff shade but I'm just wary after my 'beige' experience, aka 'when I was tangoed' with my previous Becca purchase!

Well, I went for the Buff too. I'm worried now if you think this would be too dark for you as you are already a darker shade than me in bareMinerals. Whoops! It was the best match according to the Becca site and another shade-matcher thing I checked for my Estée Lauder Sand shade. I should have gone for the Cashmere but it looked too pink on all the online swatch pics. Oh well, never mind - I knew it was a risk.

My face is fine, honestly. At the time (last year), it looked a right mess and I thought I'd be permanently scarred but you can't feel it with fingertips and it's just the red patches where it peeled. Obviously, I was (and still am) all the more careful to apply sun screen.

Thanks for the primer advice. I have only tried about three or four brands and I don't see much difference between them to be honest. I do see a difference in the finish of my make-up when I've used one, though. Like you say, it's important to make sure it's set, or dried down, whatever it is that happens after a few minutes.

In real life Cashmere was not pink at all, quite yellow.

Will look forward to hearing about it when it arrives and I'm sure the colour will be fine on you - sorry to worry you re the buff shade but I'm just wary after my 'beige' experience, aka 'when I was tangoed' with my previous Becca purchase!

In real life Cashmere was not pink at all, quite yellow.

I think it's fair to say that Becca shades are confusing! I so nearly went for Cashmere and I'll be amazed if I got it right with the Buff. I'll have to revert to my previous policy of never choosing foundation from QVC or elsewhere online without seeing and/or testing in a shop. I'll let you know, ladies - hopefully it will arrive by Monday.

My TSV arrived late this morning, which is great because when I saw it was with the courier (not that that always means anything), I held off doing my make-up for the day.

Soooooo, this is what I think at first use ..... I love it! The foundation shade I painstakingly picked was Buff and the research paid off. Yes, it's quite a creamy/yellow straight out of the bottle but I wanted that (following advice referring to the colour of my neck, which is slightly sallow). Thanks Tarketta for the link to Temptalia as I got to Buff by putting in the brand and shade (Estée Lauder Sand) that I was matched to in a shop and definitely think is best for me of all the ones I've tried the past few years. When I put a little dot of the Becca Buff on the back of my hand next to a dot of my Estee Lauder, it was very, very close so I was already optimistic. When I blended it on my hand, though, it started to look a bit thick and chalky and I was worried it would look terrible on my face. I needn't have worried - on my face, over the Becca primer, it works very well. I'll experiment with the Becca over other foundations in the coming weeks. Those of you who decided the coverage might be a bit too much for your own purposes could be right, though - I wanted a better coverage because the sheerer foundations don't cover my uneven skin tone, particularly the blotchiness on one side from the scald I mentioned. I don't think it looks too heavy on me at all but I didn't use loads.

I even tried a thin smear of the highlighter and, again, like it. The only item I've not tried is the blusher/lippy tint thing. I am sure it's fine but I have an absolute ton of similar stuff and each one lasts me years so I may sell the Becca one.

So far, so good. I'm notorious for changing my mind over time but I'm sticking with this for now and have no regrets about my purchase at this point.

My TSV arrived late this morning, which is great because when I saw it was with the courier (not that that always means anything), I held off doing my make-up for the day.

Soooooo, this is what I think at first use ..... I love it! The foundation shade I painstakingly picked was Buff and the research paid off. Yes, it's quite a creamy/yellow straight out of the bottle but I wanted that (following advice referring to the colour of my neck, which is slightly sallow). Thanks Tarketta for the link to Temptalia as I got to Buff by putting in the brand and shade (Estée Lauder Sand) that I was matched to in a shop and definitely think is best for me of all the ones I've tried the past few years. When I put a little dot of the Becca Buff on the back of my hand next to a dot of my Estee Lauder, it was very, very close so I was already optimistic. When I blended it on my hand, though, it started to look a bit thick and chalky and I was worried it would look terrible on my face. I needn't have worried - on my face, over the Becca primer, it works very well. I'll experiment with the Becca over other foundations in the coming weeks. Those of you who decided the coverage might be a bit too much for your own purposes could be right, though - I wanted a better coverage because the sheerer foundations don't cover my uneven skin tone, particularly the blotchiness on one side from the scald I mentioned. I don't think it looks too heavy on me at all but I didn't use loads.

I even tried a thin smear of the highlighter and, again, like it. The only item I've not tried is the blusher/lippy tint thing. I am sure it's fine but I have an absolute ton of similar stuff and each one lasts me years so I may sell the Becca one.

So far, so good. I'm notorious for changing my mind over time but I'm sticking with this for now and have no regrets about my purchase at this point.

Hoorah, that's excellent news AndiK - very pleased it's not only a colour match but that you like all/most of the products in the TSV - that sounds like an excellent purchase to me :mysmilie_14:

Hoorah, that's excellent news AndiK - very pleased it's not only a colour match but that you like all/most of the products in the TSV - that sounds like an excellent purchase to me :mysmilie_14:

I agree about a good purchase. I'll inspect the finish in different lights and see if it settles into lines later in the day, etc, but my first worry was the shade so am pleased to have got that right at least and the coverage is good for me without being OTT so far.

No Andi no delivery but its fine I can wait, glad you are enjoying the TSV!

Aw, and you were looking forward to receiving it for the weekend. Also, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of the Cashmere as a shade as I almost went for it.

Received my TSV today and the colour cashmere is good for me but not sure if the texture is too heavy for me. I am going to try it again tomorrow but it felt a bit sticky and looked a bit cakey on me. The primer is nice but can't really see the highlighter on my skin. The skin tint is ok but nothing special and does not seem to last so overall its a maybe to keep.

Hi Miss Molly
I found foundation the same feeling & appearance when I had received it in an earlier TSV a while back. I had to play around with it a lot to get it right for me.
Personally I extra moisturise skin , and either mix foundation with a tiny bit of moisturiser or occasionally mix with the primer. It spreads it out a bit more for me & less cakey looking. Another thing I noticed ( maybe just my skin), that about an hour after application colour changes slightly and skin looks softer & healthier , if that makes sense ( kinda hard to explain)
Have a few trials with it .. you waited long on delivery

Hi Miss Molly
I found foundation the same feeling & appearance when I had received it in an earlier TSV a while back. I had to play around with it a lot to get it right for me.
Personally I extra moisturise skin , and either mix foundation with a tiny bit of moisturiser or occasionally mix with the primer. It spreads it out a bit more for me & less cakey looking. Another thing I noticed ( maybe just my skin), that about an hour after application colour changes slightly and skin looks softer & healthier , if that makes sense ( kinda hard to explain)
Have a few trials with it .. you waited long on delivery

Thanks I will try your tips tomorrow x

Latest posts

Back