Becca Cosmetics TSV 16/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm so tempted by this TSV - I only recently tried Becca with that OTO they had with the luminous foundation and think the products are lovely...but have so much already, gaaaahhhhhhh!!!

I was curious to see the brand is called Becca London on the QVC brand page; I thought it was Australian originally.

I've gone for this in the buff. I had the last Becca tsv but ended up returning it as I found the foundation colour cashmere just not right for me. I am usually the second to the palest shade in most foundations but found cashmere looked just too light & really yellow. I really like the look of the primer. Becca's primer's are generally really good imo. I was looking at it on SpaceNK & its £32 so for the extra £13 & no postage it makes sense to go for the tsv. Will give the foundation another go. I did find last time round that it was really drying on my skin & sat a lot in my pores. I think I will need to mix it with some moisturiser or something to thin it out a bit maybe & also get it on fairly quick. Will probably sell the highlighter as not to keen on creme highlighters. Will try the beach tint.

I missed the launch show and the useless video for the TSV on the Q website is under 4 minutes long (and with Franks presenting, as you can imagine, most of that is taken up with inane gabbling). Can anyone suggest the best shade with a yellowish finish for a fairly light skin? Some lighter shades of foundation can look really grey or chalky on me and many brands' light/medium shades look too peachy orange. It was an Estėe Lauder sales girl who suggested I need something with a yellow tone as that matches my neck (I'd never noticed but she's right). Do you think the Becca Cashmere, Buff or Nude on that basis?

I've gone for this in the buff. I had the last Becca tsv but ended up returning it as I found the foundation colour cashmere just not right for me. I am usually the second to the palest shade in most foundations but found cashmere looked just too light & really yellow. I really like the look of the primer. Becca's primer's are generally really good imo. I was looking at it on SpaceNK & its £32 so for the extra £13 & no postage it makes sense to go for the tsv. Will give the foundation another go. I did find last time round that it was really drying on my skin & sat a lot in my pores. I think I will need to mix it with some moisturiser or something to thin it out a bit maybe & also get it on fairly quick. Will probably sell the highlighter as not to keen on creme highlighters. Will try the beach tint.

Ooh, I hadn't seen this when I did my post above. So Cashmere has a yellow-ish tone. As long as it's not too yellow, that might be best then.

I can't believe I'm considering it at all, actually, after saying from now on I'd only buy when I can test in a shop!

Ooh, I hadn't seen this when I did my post above. So Cashmere has a yellow-ish tone. As long as it's not too yellow, that might be best then.

I can't believe I'm considering it at all, actually, after saying from now on I'd only buy when I can test in a shop!

AndiK, I've had the Buff AD option in and out of my basket about 3 times so far today but I'm trying soooo hard to resist! I don't like 'tint' products as they seem to go patchy on my skin, the primer whilst it is highly rated is also not really for oily prone skin as I think it's quite moisturising and I have gazillions of highlighters already...but I still want it so badly.

AndiK, I've had the Buff AD option in and out of my basket about 3 times so far today but I'm trying soooo hard to resist! I don't like 'tint' products as they seem to go patchy on my skin, the primer whilst it is highly rated is also not really for oily prone skin as I think it's quite moisturising and I have gazillions of highlighters already...but I still want it so badly.

Tough, isn't it? I don't have oily skin so don't have that reason not to buy (and believe me, I'm looking for reasons!) and I think I'd use the other products, even if I have probably got enough of all of them to last me years. If I thought I could get a good foundation colour match, I would be persuaded. I managed to convince myself not to buy the other day when it was all but £50 - the free P&P has brought it back in budget, unfortunately!

Have you had Becca Buff before?

I have gone for the cashmere as the free p&p swung it for me Donna said the porcelain is very pale so I have gone one up as quite fair with freckles but not the fairest of the fair.

Glad to hear that about the primer as it may help the foundation go on better:happy:

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 14.59.13.jpg

Not sure if this will help. I think it may be for a different Becca foundation but hoping colours are still similar. This is what made me decide to go for Buff. I think someone else posted this picture earlier, so thanks for that:wink:

Tough, isn't it? I don't have oily skin so don't have that reason not to buy (and believe me, I'm looking for reasons!) and I think I'd use the other products, even if I have probably got enough of all of them to last me years. If I thought I could get a good foundation colour match, I would be persuaded. I managed to convince myself not to buy the other day when it was all but £50 - the free P&P has brought it back in budget, unfortunately!

Have you had Becca Buff before?

It is so tough as the oiliness factor is offset by the fact the primer is very highly rated in regards to 'imparting radiance' and boy do I need help with that! No I'm going to stay strong as I literally need nothing from today's TSV...shame really, sigh.

As for the colours, I'm medium beige in BM so I figured Beige in the Luminous foundation would be right for me as it came up as a match but it's about 2 shades too dark for me as it's got too much pink in it, so for this one, I went one shade down from the one closest matched to Medium Beige (Nude). Phew!

http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix/

I like that Temptalia matcher, Tarketta! Sadly, I put in my Estée Lauder shade and couldn't find the Becca match (if I've done it properly?). The Becca one (here) did come up with Buff though. I'm definitely not Medium Beige in bareMinerals - but you, who are, are Nude not Buff after all?

I'll see if I can catch the beginning of the 4 o'clock show to see if they give a better idea of shades. I find it very hard to know if my colouring is like the models (or, worse, celebrities) they always use for comparison though.

the models did not look great tbh not nice coverage and the tinted lip/cheek product looked worse than useless

I chatting to the manager of my local SpaceNK at the weekend about this TSV. She sells the brand but said the foundation is very heavy coverage and she is not a fan of that particular primer which is more for oily/combo skin. If a customer comes in with dry skin and wants a natural look she steers them away from these.

I chatting to the manager of my local SpaceNK at the weekend about this TSV. She sells the brand but said the foundation is very heavy coverage and she is not a fan of that particular primer which is more for oily/combo skin. If a customer comes in with dry skin and wants a natural look she steers them away from these.

I'm really confused now as it was discussed on the previous page that the primer is not for oily skin but anyway, I did go for it last night on the basis I can try it for the cost of only one postage (return) if it's not suitable. Or flog it on eBay - it all seems to fetch good prices there. I thought it was a fairly good make-up set for me for a change because I don't like/want all the lipsticks, eyeliners, shadows and mascaras many brands inlcude - I have far more than I need already.

My first QVC purchase for ages! :angel:

I've got the one in the tube for oily skin and it doesn't work for me I'm afraid - I'm using it up in the 'summer' months, but I always go back to Laura Geller's spackle.

AndiK, will look forward to hearing your thoughts on your purchase - I still wish I'd bought it!

Latest posts

Back